It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two unarmed female police officers shot dead in gun and grenade attack (UK)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I know for a fact, that you don't have to do something so drastic to be placed in isolation (block) in UK jails.

If you have people after you in the prison, or even if you can't face mixing on the wing, you can get put in isolation - don't expect any tv or pool/table tennis though!! (They might give you a tv after a week or so).

An interesting piece of footage is the grenade attack in Luke Rd, caught on CCTV - you can even see shrapnel hitting a couple brick walls, they couldn't have been far out of sight!!

A last note to add, we all know how close British and American intelligence are, what with the Aurora shootings - now this, 2 female officers - the public will be angry, like an above poster stated = "Give them guns for burglary response" Paraphrased .

I reckon they need to arm British police before the Global Marshall law plan can be implemented - they cant risk the public out-gunning the police,

American police have an idea how many guns are in the public's hands, British police don't have a clue.

I don't know how to embed BBC iPlayer vids, so here's the link

Its the second video, no sound but very good video.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
I reckon they need to arm British police before the Global Marshall law plan can be implemented - they cant risk the public out-gunning the police,

This would be the public armed to the teeth with secateurs, knitting needles and frozen chickens?

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
American police have an idea how many guns are in the public's hands, British police don't have a clue.

Yet, crime involving firearms is very rare in the UK and firearms used against police officers is even rarer. The facts speak for themselves implying that the number of illegal firearms in circulation is comparatively low. I know it is tradition for people on these Boards to cry foul when US police act agressively, but that's because they are so scared of being shot. American gun culture is frightening!

The public have no appetite for guns to be more available, nor for the police to be routinely armed.

Regards

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Meanwhile, The BBC has shelved the final episode of drama Good Cop following the deaths of the police officers. The episode, due to be screened on Thursday, features a violent attack on a female police officer. "In light of news events, BBC One has postponed the final episode of Good Cop, due to transmit at 9pm tonight," the BBC said in a statement.

www.bbc.co.uk...

we will find out in the following weeks how this plays out

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jericanman

It would be a knee jerk reaction in my opinion, and the Police are unlikely to make any decision one way or another until the incident has been fully investigated. From where I am sitting, in this case, and given the circumstances of the trap that was supposedly set for them, that these officers would have likely been killed even if they were armed. It is unlikely that in response to a routine burglary report that even armed officers would have been prepared for an attack of this nature, unless they went in with an attitude of shoot first, ask questions later. I don't think anyone wants an attitude of law enforcement like that to be encouraged in the UK.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
First of all, I was sickened and disgusted by the news of the two deaths in Greater Manchester the other day. It appears as if these two women were LURED to thier deaths, as there is some discussion in the news that the suspect in thier murders, and those of two men in seperate incidents a while back, may have made the call that bought the lady officers to the location.

The fact is that this gentleman has been on the run for some considerable while, was the focus of one of the biggest manhunts that the force in Greater Manchester has ever enacted, and the suspect in a pair of violent murders. He was clearly unafraid to use grenades, as he had used them previously to great effect (not the simple thing it appears to be, avoiding injuring yourself when lobbing explosives hither and thither).

If the Greater Manchester police, thought for one moment that the fellow would have been at that address, they would have sent a rapid armed response unit, and raided the place, as they had done FIFTY TIMES in other locations in the area while looking for him. As it was, they had no idea where the psycho was, and sent these two officers into a crapstorm that they just could not have predicted.

Unlike Mr Moat of Newcastle, the suspect had uttered no threat to police via telephone, or any other communications method.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
He was just a coward who thought it'd be fun to kill 2 innocent, unarmed girls in cold blood in order to raise his 'street cred' before he went to prison for his previous murders. Hopefully the other lags will see him for who he really is. A despicable nobody. With a small penis. He think's he's a hard man. I hope when he bends over in the showers he'll find out who the real hard men are.....

And the incident has done nothing at all to make either the public or the police want to carry guns. Especially given that had the 2 girls been armed to the teeth the manner of the coward's ambush means they'd still not have had a chance.
edit on 21-9-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join