It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ascent has begun and we are unstoppable momentum.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Alright, i'm ready to get back to some discussion. Just want to gather some opinions and see how close some of us are. This is all your opinion and hopefully invaluable information will prevail. Your in charge of the country, with no advisors, these issues are up to you but people would like to see some change.

question 1. What would you change about our voting system?
question 2. Would you add or take away any requirements to run for President? Legislators?
question 3. What would you do about the Federal Reserve?
question 4. How do we equalize lobbyists and big business interests, with the peoples?
question 5. What other changes would you like to see?

edit on 19-9-2012 by RABiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RABiam

To your point about emotions, I agree they have power but the protests and killings based on the emotion rage are ultimately tied to religion. Religion is about control and control is sought for financial reward. So the root of the protests is ultimately money.

I agree it seems nearly impossible to get rid of money but the global financial meltdown we are witnessing could be the catalyst to make it happen. In the end its up to us.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RABiam

question 2. Would you add or take away any requirements to run for President? Legislators?
question 4. How do we equalize lobbyists and big business interests, with the peoples?

First thanks for the reply to my previous post - shoplifting beer, ouch. I got caught shoplifting a can of chew once - what the officer didn't know is that I also had a pack of lifted cigs in my waistband. To be young again! ha

question 1: Voting must be transparent individually. You need to have a voting ID number and a way to check the vote assigned to your number. This public display of votes would allow independent verification of the overall vote count and individual verification of your own vote. (ETA: I also agree with the poster below = abolish the electoral college)

question 2: I don't know the full gamut of rules pertaining to running. But I would say that these are far less important than meaningful campaign finance reform (see 5)

question 3: Abolish the FED. Abolish the monetary system as we know it. No more fake money. You can still have a "free market" just don't allow the value of things on the market to be manipulated by traders and financial policy makers. The value of the goods and services should be solely determined by the users of the goods and services. Not by derivatives, not by market manipulation, currency manipulation, etc... This is one of the most important roles that an uncorrupt government "for the pople" could possible play. Level the playing field. For an example, I think a modified barter system could work - money would be in the form of something tangible - it can still be a piece of paper, but a piece of paper that actually means something - like 2 bushels of corn, or 100 gallons of milk, or a gallon of gas, or whatever...

question 4: Simply remove them. Lobbying should be illegal. People with more money don't get extra chances at having their cases heard by lawmakers simply because they can pay someone to go make their case for them, day in and day out. This would be illegal. Politicians should be honored to serve and should have to sacrifice for their service. No trading in stocks, absolutely no pork barrel spending, no awarding contracts to family, their salaries should be determined by the US median income (they should not be making $174,000/year!!!) - if you get caught you don't get censured - you get thrown out of government for good and put in jail.

question 5: too many things to list but my top two are these:
1) meaningful campaign finance reform - no private spending in elections, each candidate gets X amount of money to start their campaigns and from there individual donations only (no corporate money, they are not people!), very low donation limit, put out your message, put out your policies, your direction and let the people decide. We will have spent billions upon billions of dollars in this presidential election and yet you'll be hard pressed to find one good thing to come of it, regardless of who wins.

2) Adoption of the precautionary principle in all matters of health and the environment - EPA, FDA, USDA, whatever, whoever, has oversight on pesticides, food, drugs, etc...the use of poisons in our food, of untested pharmaceuticals and the poison dumped on our forests, fields, lakes, streams, rivers, etc...is killing more people than anything else - and it would be cheap and easy to regulate. We can handle the loss of some efficiency in food production as it can be more than made up for in more efficient utilization of what we do produce - and the savings in health care would be astronomical.

END.
edit on 19-9-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: grammar police are at it again - they will find more, you can be sure...

edit on 19-9-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by RABiam

It's simple: Let the current system crash and remove the concept from the grid. Just as so very many other concepts much be eliminated that humans have considered to be "the only way", doing without them is a real and viable option. I cannot understand that those you represent have not grasped this. It has been put forth for years by some of us down here. Is someone up there not listening?

interesting, please stick around and discuss.....

So your plan is to do nothing, let it collapse and just remove the concept. Hmmm and replace it with what?
Before money was currency, animals and slaves were currency. Please suggest a viable alternative to money, than just saying let it crash and get rid of the concept. I may not care about materialistic crap, but all these people living around me do. I doubt any of them produce anything significant, to barter to get that new BMW or iphone. Do you think humanity wants to regress to worse technology? What you are saying is already guaranteed, but where would you go from there? You have not proposed a plan, just stated the current system would collapse and the concept magically vanishes....thats laughable and I can't believe anyone buys that. I cannot understand how YOU have not grasped this.

So where do we go after the collapse. cosmicegg? Just tired of people saying that the best plan is just to let it collapse. You have no idea how to cure mortals of materialistic desire. Greece is about to have to bail from the Euro, and TPTB have already set aside currency for their new currency. Its a loop that you don't grasp. If you let it collapse on its own, they will simply replace it.

but believe what you want, kick back and just wait, we'll do all the 'hard' work for you. We actually have a plan. You do not

Better plan. Vote for GOP. They'll sink us quicker than the Dems. Obama will make it slow and painful.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Alright, i'm ready to get back to some discussion. Just want to gather some opinions and see how close some of us are. This is all your opinion and hopefully invaluable information will prevail. Your in charge of the country, with no advisors, these issues are up to you but people would like to see some change.

Make it mandatory and one person = 1 vote. None of the electoral college cr@p

no

shut it down and go back to the gold standard (for now)

take money out of the equation. Disallow campaign contributions of any kind.

flat tax, make social programs the resoponsibility of the states. cripple the special interests and concentrate on free energy the way we did the space program. Also cap the amount of money anyone can take home. Any overages go back to research on energy and medical issues.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
Also cap the amount of money anyone can take home. Any overages go back to research on energy and medical issues.

This is a phenomenal idea.

What are you going to say to the inevitable argument that "it will keep people from working hard/wanting to excel"?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

question 1: Voting must be transparent individually. You need to have a voting ID number and a way to check the vote assigned to your number. This public display of votes would allow independent verification of the overall vote count and individual verification of your own vote.

Computer system or paper trail? How about both? We mail in a paper ballot and then cast an electric one. Almost like a check and balance.

question 2: I don't know the full gamut of rules pertaining to running. But I would say that these are far less important than meaningful campaign finance reform (see 5)

The only technical requirements are 35 years of age, natural born citizen who has lived in the US at least 14 years.

I have a slight issue with the age issue, though it is hard to describe. I don't see an issue with a 30 year old. I think the difference between 30 and 35 is minute and inconsequential

question 3: Abolish the FED. Abolish the monetary system as we know it. No more fake money. You can still have a "free market" just don't allow the value of things on the market to be manipulated by traders and financial policy makers. The value of the goods and services should be solely determined by the users of the goods and services. Not by derivatives, not by market manipulation, currency manipulation, etc...
This is one of the most important roles that an uncorrupt government "for the people" could possible play. Level the playing field.
For an example, I think a modified barter system could work - money would be in the form of something tangible - it can still be a piece of paper, but a piece of paper that actually means something - like 2 bushels of corn, or 100 gallons of milk, or a gallon of gas, or whatever...

Agree with abolish the Fed, but i would still use their money. Axe all their manipulations, equations and derivatives. We just alter the definition of their piece of paper and set it like you propose, to a set amount. I had to bold and quote your awesome point within. 100% with that!

question 4: Simply remove them. Lobbying should be illegal.

Politicians should be elected on their ability to identify issues and provide solutions. If they need a lobbyist to tell them this, then we should have just elected the lobbyist. 100% with you again

their salaries should be determined by the US median income (they should not be making $174,000/year!!!) - if you get caught you don't get censured - you get thrown out of government for good and put in jail.

this ^ stands by itself, i have nothing to add

1) meaningful campaign finance reform - put out your message, put out your policies, your direction and let the people decide.

I think we should provide the platform for them and they get to spend no dollars, anyone should be able to run. May the best candidate win

2) Adoption of the precautionary principle in all matters of health and the environment - EPA, FDA, USDA, whatever, whoever, has oversight on pesticides, food, drugs, etc...the use of poisons in our food, of untested pharmaceuticals and the poison dumped on our forests, fields, lakes, streams, rivers, etc...is killing more people than anything else - and it would be cheap and easy to regulate. We can handle the loss of some efficiency in food production as it can be more than made up for in more efficient utilization of what we do produce - and the savings in health care would be astronomical.

Very, very, nice!

Your post is a treasure trove of information! Exactly the kind of post to start some real discussion for change, not overthrow, but a quality revamp by the citizens. Our system is far from perfect, but we are not far off, tweaks here and there. Once we cut the money out of Washington, most issues will sort themselves out.

Greatly appreciate you taking the time and effort to put those answers together!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Make it mandatory and one person = 1 vote. None of the electoral college cr@p

Mandatory, hot jam, i love that. And the getting rid of the electoral college was one of the answers i was hoping someone would post. +2

no

I have a radical preference, but it is borderline discrimination, so not viable. However I would prefer a president that makes under lets just say $120,000. I need a President that understand reality and exactly how far a dollar goes. Millionaires and billionaires are not representative of the people. I don't want a President who has bank accounts overseas either. It just shady behavior to me. Just my preferences not requirements

shut it down and go back to the gold standard (for now)

Long-term price stability has been described as the great virtue of the gold standard. but your right when you say for now

take money out of the equation. Disallow campaign contributions of any kind.

quoted for truth!

flat tax, make social programs the resoponsibility of the states. cripple the special interests and concentrate on free energy the way we did the space program. Also cap the amount of money anyone can take home. Any overages go back to research on energy and medical issues.

Free energy must be a concentration!!

Another great post!!!!!!
...2 for 2 on cutting out the lobbyists, and 2 for 2 on axing the Fed. Will anyone disagree?

Free Energy

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I would love to believe in the hope you bring.
But! you don’t sound true...? it is hard to put in to words. Sorry.
you don’t speak with the intelligent and confidence I would expect.
You certainly don’t sound like someone who could get voted to president.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

Not sure, just an idea
I guess you could still set the cap high, like 2 to 5 million a year? In my world, if you spend more than a million a year you are probably wasting it. But you would have to setthe bar high to motivate people. If we must have money driving the system then put the excess to work I say...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm pretty skeptical about a NEW member coming on ATS and saying they have the world by the tail. It could be that you are making a lot of this up, and this thread will sooner or later end up in the Hoax bin. IF you have nothing to hide, then why are you hiding?

Lots of people here on ATS were gifted when they were that age and can prove it. The world is big, and the world changes on a daily basis in some manner or another.

Overall, it would be very hard for a person to change the world all by themself unless they had some kind of knowledge that others didn't have; and that knowledge would have to be a very superior knowledge indeed. There are these kind of people here on ATS, but such people don't need political followers to boost their egos, because these people already know who they are and what they are about.

One person isn't going to change the political views of hard line voters; only a dreamer would believe in such an idea. A third party candidate has less than a slim chance, to none, in winning the Presidency. I don't know why anyone would really want to be the President; the President doesn't have a life of his own, its the life that others want him to project. Others in this case, are those that are buying favors.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I do sincerely apologize for my current inability to read your entire post, Brother. Rest assured you are in the Light and you have nothing to Fear in the Darkness. Your Soul's light Pierces The Veil covering Truth. You are truly Battle Born. If you require any Direct Assistance, please do not hesitate to come to me directly. I Desire Nothing more than to teach those who Wish to Learn. I Appreciate your hard work and Dedication to the cause. I do look forward to Hearing from You. Always remember that this pain is only temporary, and that Our Ancestors left Us this burden to Share.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

Not sure, just an idea
I guess you could still set the cap high, like 2 to 5 million a year? In my world, if you spend more than a million a year you are probably wasting it. But you would have to setthe bar high to motivate people. If we must have money driving the system then put the excess to work I say...

Very interesting idea, I tend to think $1 million should be sufficient enough but $2 or $3 would be ok too, I suppose. Your definitely right that we need to put it to work. Sooner rather than later. Thanks for the inspiration through out the day. Rise above and motivate!! My mind is completely wiped right now.

Bed is calling....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Our time here at ATS, is drawing to a close. We only joined to give you the truth first. Not to Fox, not to CNN, to the people that believe in truth and ending the corrupt cycle. The next time you hear about us, you will realize everything I said is true. That $9 trillion missing from the Fed is going to be back very soon. I said we would not hide, but I didn't say we would give our names online BEFORE we started our plan. Not everyone on this site and online can be trusted, you know that.

See you soon, when you see certain things on TV and finally hear about Ascent, you WILL know that you KNEW first.

Peace and best wishes

R.A.B. Iam

goodbye tracked ISP

/router disconnected

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Greetings once again, Brother. Once again you've been invaluable to We who are Many. I am aware of all that you have Done for me and mine Just as I have for Yours and Ours. I do hope to hear of you and Yours. It has Been invaluable to the cause and it shall continue to be. The numbers swell but they are still[i/] not enough. If you would require your heart's desire just speak it. As I am one You Shall be. Though that may be for another's time. As for here, the Mother still pushes yet the Child still remains. The lettuce of my devil is still an Issue, but will remain as long as it wants. Where there was only once One Ram it lead me to the Bull and The other Ram. From there, it lead me to the True I. Though, that is only my story; a Path that I would never recommend a One to Travel. At it's core I do believe I did such so that You wouldn't and neither would you. My years may only be few, but none can comprehend that which I have found and lost time and again. for now I grow weary. Also, you may want to know that I have appointed a second for at least the eight Time. As I have learned again and again. You know of my face as I have seen yours. The Warriors should come out to play. All is well, just another Late night at The Office. Thank you once and twice for all that you've done. You are appreciated more than you will Ever Know.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Oh honey our fates & destinies already have been sealed sent & delivered. It is just like my previous thread of walking this planet like a god. Which unfortunately there are still some who don't understand that life process we have been going thru< you know, that whole thing about god is within you & all around you people have not comprehended yet.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Well what I mean is there is no better resistance than to do nothing and let the money system collapse on itself, its a mathematical certainty.

I dont know how you saw our plans but what you call mathematical certainty, is not happening fast enough, it must be moved along quicker. .....because their system is going to collapse soon....like you said simple mathematics. We have to at least get a patch on it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join