It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich people, you are social parasites and should feel bad.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Come now timmy did something happen to you in private school? to wanna wear womens
make up? try on ladies underwear etc did mr jenkins your history teacher pull your strides down one to many times..?
reply to post by denver22

Timmy and Denver is that like Ats version of Abbot and Costello.

Savage mate are you upset because i exposed you for all your glory..

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Hey.

Its my experience as well that rich people can be pretty bad. This thread was interesting not only because of your post, but because so many other posters had the perception that you were jealous of these rich guys. Clearly you are not. Almost seems that some people automatically jump to that conclusion since they dont enjoy seeing the money dream in a not so beautiful light as its being advertised.

I have plenty of money myself, and Im around rich people quite a bit. I would say most of them enjoy manipulating people and pushing other people down, because it makes them feel better about themselves. My parents were rich and they didnt even look at beggars in the street because they didnt feel they were worthy of their attention. And thats the attitude some of those guys have.

They believe they are better than other people because they have money, but if you rate them on human abilities such as compassion, generosity, kindness, empathy.... they will completely fail. These guys respect other successful people, and despise people who are not successful money-wise.

There are exceptions, but I would agree with your opinion in the OP.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
in that 13 years you could have gotten a degree, rose to the top, became ceo, and became what you hate.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Hey.

Its my experience as well that rich people can be pretty bad. This thread was interesting not only because of your post, but because so many other posters had the perception that you were jealous of these rich guys. Clearly you are not. Almost seems that some people automatically jump to that conclusion since they dont enjoy seeing the money dream in a not so beautiful light as its being advertised.

I have plenty of money myself, and Im around rich people quite a bit. I would say most of them enjoy manipulating people and pushing other people down, because it makes them feel better about themselves. My parents were rich and they didnt even look at beggars in the street because they didnt feel they were worthy of their attention. And thats the attitude some of those guys have.

They believe they are better than other people because they have money, but if you rate them on human abilities such as compassion, generosity, kindness, empathy.... they will completely fail. These guys respect other successful people, and despise people who are not successful money-wise.

There are exceptions, but I would agree with your opinion in the OP.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

Your post is worthy of a hundred stars... bravo so elegantly put.
the op is getting at the
snob types stick up toffee nose individuals who think any class below them are scum.
i hear her/his cry.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I understand why you feel this way as I have known many rich people through the years. There are some good ones as you say and the ones I've known are usually the type that you would never know that they were rich by looking at them because they live modestly.

I think the issue with most rich people is that they are miserable people, they think money will buy them happiness but they have more than they could ever need and still can't find the happiness they seek. Most rich people I have know have alcohol problems, I have seen some get rich by taking advantage of everyone they can, even their own families. It's not a pretty sight. These people do know what they are doing is wrong but they do it anyway, and at the end of the day they have to live with their choices. This is why they are miserable and turn to alcohol and or drugs. Shopping is also an addiction where they may get temporary relief but they will become miserable again soon afterwards.

There is a type of rich person who feels that the bigger their bank account and the fatter the wallet is, that they deserve special treatment. They are conviced that they are more special.

Rich people are human just like everyone else, they can be nice or mean. Some care and some don't. Some are criminals and some are not.

While money can make life easier in some respects, happiness comes from within, not by having every new gadget as soon as it comes out.

They can not take it with them when they die, but I do believe they have to answer for all the wrongs that they commit eventually.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I get what he means. At a crosswalk- who is usually the one who thinks that you need to run out of their way (even tho you have the light) The one with the expensive car.

At most social places (like amusement parks), who knows for sure you are so unworthy, they will walk THRU you and try to cut in line. The ones dressed like they came to a formal dinner- NOT a place for fun.

Who get favored as much as illegals
Who gets the better service
I could go on for hours. But I have class (school class). I've seen exactly what the OP is talking about. Here's the kicker, tho- if you're decent, and you make good money, it doesnt matter. You do not act, dress, look or be one of these people, you will be treated like crap each and every time. Talent, ability- it means NOTHING to these people.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Wealth is a blessing and a curse. What do many wealthy people fear more than death? Being broke.

Now, they're running scared because Obama is going to re-distribute what little is left after Bernanke renders the dollar to a pittance... Sometime around QE9.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have worked for and been around many wealthy people.

I went to a business lunch with a client of mine (he paid for our meal). I was so embarrassed by the way he treated the wait staff and tipped a dollar. I couldn't believe it really. As we were leaving the restaurant I told the client I needed to run to the restroom. On the way I went by the waiter and apologized for the way he was treated and gave him $5. No excuse for that behavior.

This same client also turned out to be a real pain in the ass. Should have been obvious from the way he treated the waiter. He was constantly trying to get something for nothing and hugely resented having to pay my bill. It was as if I should be satisfied doing the work for free, like my payment was the privilege of just working with him.

They are not all that way, but the majority are. Condescending as hell. They definitely think they are really something because they have money. Most I noticed were just in the right place at the right time - a monkey would have been as successful. Intelligence in most their cases was almost non-existent - though they thought of themselves as geniuses. Really the stupidity of some was quite astounding.

If I had to sum them up in a few words it would be ...

Narcissistic, arrogant, and condescending ...

I can't say that if I were born in their shoes and had things work for me the way it did for them that I would be any different. I like to think that I wouldn't be that way but who knows. The way I am is definitely an outgrowth of where I have been. I know what it means to do a job that you hate and still try to put a good face on. I know what it means to have a negative bank account and rent due on Monday. I have compassion for my fellow man and his struggles because I can put myself in their shoes. I can even put myself in the shoes of those who are rich ... that doesn't mean I excuse or condone their behavior and attitude ... just that I can see how it comes about.

That is the biggest problem I see in this world in general is the lack of compassion and empathy. Almost no one tries to (at least mentally) walk a mile in another person's shoes. Narcissism isn't just a disease of the rich ...
edit on 20-9-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join