Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Rich people, you are social parasites and should feel bad.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I know exactly what you mean. Class distinction may lurk just beneath the media eye here and now. Your post about the arrogance and narcissistic behavior of the upper class reminded me of the film Titanic. From a not so bygone era, the "ruling class" and "steerage" were the top and bottom of the barrel. I thought Cameron captured the distinctions brilliantly. By the way I agree with you, scum floats to the top.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
well, you allowed them to treat you like that.

no one has the right to treat you like that.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
You want what they got, can't have it and so you cry like a little baby.

What a foolish statement!

Some of us who have distain for wealthy people feel the way we do because those rich people don't do anything worthwhile with their money. THAT is what bugs me.

I don't want what they've got just because I don't have it. I would want it so I can put it to good use.

There is also a difference between someone who grew up with money and someone who has worked for it. Money as a child is normal to a child and there are mentalities that are instilled from an early age and little or no perspective.
edit on 18/9/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
And what happens when those "rich" people stop eatting at your restaurant? you get fired...

keep hating thoes greedy "rich" people.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

did you even read beyond that post....

I am not even going to clarify anything else. It is already covered. Read the thread, it is not even that long. Just read and don't be lazy like you accuse me of. I even provided the same definition as you......Jesus.

oh and to everyone else, I will clarify this once more.

By rich I am talking about the MENTALITY. If you need to define yourself as RICH then you are as much a jack ass as someone placing labels on themselves or others. Your wealth is not an identity and since it is not, everything construed by it is a lie and so usually leads to condescending behavior and ill tempered, unsatisfied, ever hungry, selfish and oozing with bile people.

THAT IS WHAT I MEAN. I have met some really kick ass wealthy people. I would say the best people I have met in my short life were successful at life and just happened to be wealthy for it. They were not "rich". They had other titles and labels others put on them. They were great human beings. I loved everyone of them.

the rest, are scum.

edit on 18-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

If you need define yourself as RICH then you are as much a jack ass as someone placing labels on themselves or others.

It looks to me like you are the one defining other people by what they have.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnepropetrovsk

no, read the thread or just blah. this is just tiresome. I only spoke of mentality.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

no, well at first maybe.

I have LEARNED, to read people fairly well. I can see their expectations as soon as they come in. I know what they want. I also know how they want it served, them treated and what to expect from them as far as behavior.

I give them a run for their money. LOL

No, I am not fake to them. Everyone has an entry level NO BS, humanity. I just have to try harder to make them normal so they can have a good time, something even they don't realize they screw up for themselves.

I am party central for the grumpy, unsatisfied with life, bored people. They love me. Well not always. When I see them act a fool, I respond in kind, all along the fence they so adore.

I have my way.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

did you even read beyond that post....

I am not even going to clarify anything else. It is already covered. Read the thread, it is not even that long. Just read and don't be lazy like you accuse me of. I even provided the same definition as you......Jesus.

oh and to everyone else, I will clarify this once more.

By rich I am talking about the MENTALITY. If you need to define yourself as RICH then you are as much a jack ass as someone placing labels on themselves or others. Your wealth is not an identity and since it is not, everything construed by it is a lie and so usually leads to condescending behavior and ill tempered, unsatisfied, ever hungry, selfish and oozing with bile people.

THAT IS WHAT I MEAN. I have met some really kick ass wealthy people. I would say the best people I have met in my short life were successful at life and just happened to be wealthy for it. They were not "rich". They had other titles and labels others put on them. They were great human beings. I loved everyone of them.

the rest, are scum.

Are you just joking with me?

Because, yes, I read your entire post. I even just went back and re-read it to make sure I didn't miss anything.
You, sir, are a hypocrite at its finest.

Let me quote yourself for yourself,

The wealthy are usually self obsessed and narcissistic. They make everything personal and feel like they are being constantly being slighted. When you are nice to them they are fake. When you are less than a freaking phony sniveling slug to them they get obsessed with you and try to get you fired or in trouble.

You never once make any distinction between 'rich' or 'wealthy' people and those who have the 'mentality' of being rich or wealthy. Yes, you said you have met a few that you liked, but other than that you literally said you 'hate' rich people. You went on a big long rant about how much you hate them, how much scum they are, how little they do, how fake they are, and the whole time you used the word 'They.' You also made it clear that the 'They' you spoke of were 'rich people' and 'wealthy' people.

Maybe you wrote it when you were super angry. You probably had some really sh**** table today or something that stiffed you. But now it just sounds like you're trying to back peddle from what you were originally ranting about.

And do you read or think about what you say?

If you need to define yourself as RICH then you are as much a jack ass as someone placing labels on themselves or others.

You entire rant is your attempt at 'defining' what a 'rich' person is. You label them. You condemn them. You hate them. Now you're saying that if someone even is self aware enough to realize they are 'rich' or 'wealthy' then even that knowledge makes them a 'jack ass?'

Look, understand that you like to be angry.
But don't be hypocritical when it comes to your ignorance.

For goodness sake,
Your title is even 'Rich people, you are social parasites and should feel bad"!!
If you don't mean 'rich' people but instead people with poor attitudes, then your title could have been,
'People who act like stuck up pr*cks, you are bad people.'
That would make more sense. But no, sir, admit to what you're doing. You're perpetuating class warfare.
edit on 18-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

no, read the thread or just blah. this is just tiresome. I only spoke of mentality.

The thread is just you trying to back pedal to cover and misrepresent what you originally posted.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Why can't you admit the mistake you made when you stereotyped money + people = bad?

If you were left a million dollar tip tommorrow by an eccentric billionaire you would instantly become one of the people you hate by using your own (naive) perception.

I suggest you re-read your own post, admit your mistake and actually learn something. Or just go back to waiting tables and accept that that is what you do because of your attitude to the world around you.

7 billion individuals and no two are the same. Not all rich people are bad, not all poor people are good.

Sheesh!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

no, read the thread, The title just has a little meme,

and what the hell are you so worried about the title if the content is what I posted. I have been consistent. You need to read to see that, but hey thanks for dropping by for a quickie after reading the title.

I detect a little resentment.

ha ha

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

blah blah blah.

nit pick

You never once make any distinction between 'rich' or 'wealthy' people and those who have the 'mentality' of being rich or wealthy. Yes, you said you have met a few that you liked, but other than that you literally said you 'hate' rich people. You went on a big long rant about how much you hate them, how much scum they are, how little they do, how fake they are, and the whole time you used the word 'They.' You also made it clear that the 'They' you spoke of were 'rich people' and 'wealthy' people.

Maybe you wrote it when you were super angry. You probably had some really sh**** table today or something that stiffed you. But now it just sounds like you're trying to back peddle from what you were originally ranting about.

yet you missed the point of that entire rant being about mentality. The rich peoples advocates here have tried everything from calling me jealous to saying it is me being angry,

It is my opinion of your precious socialite scum bags. Get over it. Most people find their behavior distasteful. Even others amongst the wealthy of the world, and especially those with real power. No one likes them and they should feel bad. In the words of nelson. HA HA

I also said the best people I have met were wealthy and that I love them. That their IDENTITY and MENTALITY were not aligned solely to being part of any social class or economic position. Did you Miss that or are you just being difficult because you have social guilt from being one of those people I speak of?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
BIHOTZ, we, the slaves, hold the power to make changes. i feel your anger but there's been a few really good suggestions to help in your situation the best one is furthering your education but other than that stop complaining online and unify and stop leaving a "paper trail" because if you do decide to take action you will be identified. it's not rich people, in general, that are schmucks it's the ones who feel "entitled" because there's a lot who have started out in life worse off than you think you are at the moment and have achieved wealth so don't be so angry until you get to know a "rich" person. if you ask me tho being rich is a state of mind and having close friends and family will make you wealthier by leaps and bonds compared to the monetarily "rich", they can't trust anyone even their closest family members so is that the kind of life you are so angry about and aspire to be? not me.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

What i have found is that the rich who are born into money are arrogant, rude and annoying.

Those who work hard and come into the money themselves honestly and through hard work however are great people, and generally an inspiration.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

first off, I like the name. I have used Nemesis as an online name many times.

I am not angry. I really don't care. When I was 18 maybe, but now, pfft. I have moved past being mad at people for their inadequacies. I really don't think about it too much. Like I said I have learned to distinguish the good people from the lame ones by my standards.

I will not "retaliate" against a confused and unhappy person or people. That is their problem. I did want to rant about it since I was, at the time, over hearing a conversation from two girls at the bar. They were ripping apart this fellow socialite for what I suspect to be racist paranoia. Their friend married a Brazilian guy and they were saying how that life style is not compatible with her class.

That irked me a little, I will admit, since I in turn made this thread to lay out my thoughts about them and everyone I have met like them. They suck and what they do to this world is just done in bad spirit.

If they learn to be normal people or they continue to be delusional and dumb, I care not. It is their loss.

I just have a very clear opinion of them as well as they have a generalized opinion about everyone NOT exactly like them.

As far as going into hiding, well. I will not ever. Anything I do in life, I want people to know I did it if it was done against them. If I oppose you I do so honestly and shamelessly.

My enemies can find me right where I am, HOLDING IT DOWN.

Where I go I am, and all those that oppose me can find me...They might not see me coming, but I will not hide from them. If you want to find me I will not be under a rock. I will defiantly look you in the eye and show you my spirit. I fear not. That is something one of those kick ass people taught me.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

blah blah blah.

nit pick

yet you missed the point of that entire rant being about mentality. The rich peoples advocates here have tried everything from calling me jealous to saying it is me being angry,

It is my opinion of your precious socialite scum bags. Get over it. Most people find their behavior distasteful. Even others amongst the wealthy of the world, and especially those with real power. No one likes them and they should feel bad. In the words of nelson. HA HA

I also said the best people I have met were wealthy and that I love them. That their IDENTITY and MENTALITY were not aligned solely to being part of any social class or economic position. Did you Miss that or are you just being difficult because you have social guilt from being one of those people I speak of?

I'm not advocating rich people. I'm not advocating poor people.
I'm advocating people, human kind, human beings.
I'm advocating love.
I'm advocating oneness.
I'm advocating self awareness.
I'm advocating peace and prosperity for all.

You, sir, are advocating separation, hatred, dichotomy, judgement, condemnation, blanket stereotyping and intolerant ignorance.
Regardless of where your anger is coming from, it is still anger. And you are still taking it out on others. In this case, the 'mentality' of the rich.

I'm broke ass, dude. I work 40+ hours a week and over 90% of my income goes directly to paying bills, living expenses and my wifes student loans. Up until recently I worked 3 jobs just to get by. (I'm not complaining, I'm just letting you know that just because I'm speaking against your hatred, I am not coming from a place of 'wealth' or even 'comfort.' I live paycheck to paycheck. But again, i'm grateful for every moment of this life and for being exactly where I am.
I dedicate every day of my life to spreading the message of love, peace, art, happiness, and enlightenment. I strive to live that which I preach.

I harbor no guilt. No remorse. No hate.
Over the last 4 years my wife and I have literally let over a dozen people (mostly younger guys in their 20's such as myself) stay in my house, on my couch, sometimes for up to 3 months. I feed them. I help them get jobs. I become their friend (and still am friends with most of them.) We also foster puppies. I'm not saying this to blow smoke up my own butt, but to let you know that you do not know what you are talking about and I highly recommend that you stop trying to label everyone as a jackass, especially just because they disagree with your blatant anger.

Oh, and the more you say things like 'most everyone agrees with me' or 'everyone thinks this way' the more you highlight your narrow-mindedness. Get out of your little world. Get out of your head. The world is huge. People are beautiful. Most people are emotionally hurt, but that doesn't mean they are bad people. Even 'rich douchebags' are STILL PEOPLE. And you have no idea where they come from, what they have been through, why they are the way they are or what they have done to get there.
I understand that you're angry. I understand that you're probably working hard and feel that some things in life are unfair. They are.
But you are not a victim.
If you truly want to grow as a human being, practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is not a surrender, it's a victory.
Forgiveness is the ultimate form of understanding.

I forgive your anger. I forgive myself for getting angry at your anger.
But let's go forward from here by trying to inspire love and unity,
not giving people one more reason to feel separation or hatred.
OK?
edit on 18-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I agree totally. The people I LOVE are all mostly wealthy and kickass. I would like to be more like them. Not have what they have. They are hard working, motivated, interesting, humble, human and really smart.

I use them as examples. They do not think of their wealth as what defines them. They did so long before they made their fortunes. They simply have what they earned and know what it costs.

I agree with you entirely.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

then we may have more in common than you think.

I do not want to hang rich people or anything of the sort.

I just don't like shallow people who use their wealth, that most of the time they did not earn, as the sole force they employ in life.

I don't want bad things to happen to them, I am not insane. I just don't like them in their extreme, having really gotten to know them. They, IMO, suck.

I do not respect them and do not like what they do and stand for or think of themselves or others. My opinion.

I also don't like crack head prostitutes.....NYC... lol....but hey I don't really know enough about them to speak on the issue. I just do not want to be one. lol.

EDIT:
No hard feelings. I am not mad. No beef.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join