It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich people, you are social parasites and should feel bad.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
I am well read and have self taught myself many things. I did not have to pay to learn. I was born with that capacity.

Like how to serve food and drinks to people you hate?

What you have not learnt is to create a better title than:

Rich people, you are social parasites and should feel bad.

...If your problem is not rich people but people who behave badly.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I have to agree for the most part having worked as an artist for some very well-to-do people. They are the reason I quit as I grew tired of their nit-picking, haggling over price, late or non-payment for work done. I'm no good at kissing butt so I quickly lost more than a few customers. No skin off my tail.
I look at it this way - they don't deserve my work if they can't be polite and ethical. That really only applies to American customers though as a few of my Japanese customers were always polite though not terribly personable though I must allow for language and cultural differences there.
Most of the people who have become rich over the last decade have done so by knowingly screwing people or governments out of money. The dog-eat-dog mentality runs rampant through that group and I hope before it's all said and done they end up broke and on the streets digging through trash cans for a meal.
Let's hope karma is real.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

yes and instead of picking any one group of people I find issue with at random, I chose to focus on the exact people that I find appalling in their behavior, rich people, who are IMO expected to be more.

They have been given much and really have less of an excuse for their behavior. They should set an example and behave like the nobility they wish to be treated like.

You can defend shallow and base people with good manners and bad ways all you want. I will not change my opinion after too many years around them.

EDIT:

learnt

is not a word. That much I have LEARNED.
edit on 18-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

What you also need to understand is that you're seeing a tiny part of them, how can you judge someone based solely on serving them at dinner?

How generous are they with tipping?

Not very I imagine?

Perhaps instead of being indignant towards them, why not give them a reason to give you the props you think you deserve?

Up your game a bit and be a brilliant waiter, give them a (positive) reason to notice you, don't go the brown nosing route either, just up the vibes, shake off the tall poppy syndrome and look at them as a potential cash cow.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

No I am basing my OPINION of them based on over 13 years of interaction.

going out with them, being their acquaintance, getting to know them as customers and as people. I spend over 14 hours a day amongst them for a very long time now. Hearing their problems, joys and tribulations. Seeing how they treat their kids, each other, and their mothers.

I didn't get a bad tip, actually I usually made over 20% on the bills when I worked in the states. I am a really good waiter and bar man. I made it because I made it a point to get to know them.

I worked in a restaurant for a couple years when I started where many people were in the millionaires club. They were actually better than what I described here. It is the in-between people that are the worst. They want to show how much they have because they just made it or are put in doubt as to whether they belong to the social group they have clawed their way up to tooth and nail over everyone that they could use for a step up.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

EDIT:

learnt

Actually learnt is a word.

For example:

Active verb in the past tense: I learned French.
Past participle: I have learnt French.

So Consequence's use of learnt in the sentence What you have not learnt is to create a better title than:

Is correct.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

not in the context it was used. You are better off saying I HAVE LEARNED. But yes you are correct, it is a word, but most will not accept it as it is a useless abbreviation to proper English, which is butchered enough.

Edit:
and it was used improperly by him saying "have learnt"....

learnt

verb
a simple past tense and past participle of learn.

/end grammar Nazism.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

yes and instead of picking any one group of people I find issue with at random, I chose to focus on the exact people that I find appalling in their behavior, rich people, who are IMO expected to be more.

I see that you have changed your mind again and DO have an issue with rich people.

They have been given much and really have less of an excuse for their behavior. They should set an example and behave like the nobility they wish to be treated like.

Aha, rich people have just been GIVEN things?
Why didn't anyone give anything to you?

You can defend shallow and base people with good manners and bad ways all you want. I will not change my opinion after too many years around them.

I'm not defending anyone or anyone's behavior. I was merely commenting on your unfriendly attitude towards a group of people.

learnt

"Learnt" is proper English whether you like it or not.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Learnt is proper english.

It's other countries, namely the US that have decided to not use it.

The rich would know this...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I see that you have changed your mind again and DO have an issue with rich people.

No I have an issue with rude and insensitive people who have bad attitudes for no reason. Straws buddy. Straws, you are reaching to protect the poor rich snobs that give successful people bad names.

I see you want to group me with the occupy types that want a free ride. Again for lack of a valid argument with any substance you search and finally are forced to simply group me with people you often enjoy belittling since you cannot possibly argue with my OPINION, since it is just that, yet can't get over it. You would like to see me as a hopeless buffoon you can easily swat away like all those disenfranchised youths you laugh at for being politically active. How sad for you that that is how you TRY to win a fight you created. and yet you still lose by trying to show face. laughable.

I do not believe in free rides. You are trying to say I do and are doing a rather poor job of it. There is nothing in what I have ever said that implies I want free ride. Your argument is not lacking effort, just substance. In other words you are a liar and form baseless arguments for the sake of insulting people. Just like the type of PERSONALITY I argue against.

I'm not defending anyone or anyone's behavior. I was merely commenting on your unfriendly attitude towards a group of people.

As I on theirs. You made your point and stay to drill it home since you are not tolerant of people criticizing the sort of persona you admire. Pathetic really. You will be alone on that. Most of the world would agree with me. They are horrible people for the most part. Sorry, I know that makes you sad, but it is still true.

then use it properly. To me and my country with its MILLIONS of people from whence I come it is not.

In my country the illiterate and uneducated people use it in conjunction with Ebonics.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Is that all you have? The defense of improper grammar. If you say HAVE then you should follow with learned.

I already admitted you were correct. To the English and Canadians it is a word.....

bad attitude. Would you like for me to say it again. Does that please you? You were right. In my country it is not considered usable and is often used in conjunction with Ebonics.

bad spirit and it really shows your intent. You dislike my argument and nitpick where you can because that is all you have. You are as useful to my OPINION as a hole in the boat. You offer not constructive criticism but just vile judgment, much in the same manner you accuse me of.

You have proven yourself to be an agent of spite and resentment, nothing else.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

No I have an issue with rude and insensitive people who have bad attitudes for no reason. Straws buddy. Straws, you are reaching to protect the poor rich snobs that give successful people bad names.

So you DON'T have an issue with rich people?

I see you want to group me with the occupy types that want a free ride. Again for lack of a valid argument with any substance you search and finally are forced to simply group me with people you often enjoy belittling since you cannot possibly argue with my OPINION, since it is just that, yet can't get over it. You would like to see me as a hopeless buffoon you can easily swat away like all those disenfranchised youths you laugh at for being politically active. How sad for you that that is how you TRY to win a fight you created. and yet you still lose by trying to show face. laughable.

No, I'm not grouping you anywhere since I wasn't talking about you. I asked you to elaborate on how rich people are "given" things. You misinterpreted that and started talking about something completely different. I can't comment on that content more than it's quite bizarre.

I do not believe in free rides. You are trying to say I do and are doing a rather poor job of it. There is nothing in what I have ever said that implies I want free ride. Your argument is not lacking effort, just substance. In other words you are a liar and form baseless arguments for the sake of insulting people. Just like the type of PERSONALITY I argue against.

I have never ever claimed that you believe in free rides nor that you wish for such. Please stop.

As I on theirs. You made your point and stay to drill it home since you are not tolerant of people criticizing the sort of persona you admire.

You keep suggesting things that I have never said. I have absolutely no opinion of "rich people" as a group.
How you fabricated that I admire them is beyond me.

Pathetic really. You will be alone on that. Most of the world would agree with me. They are horrible people for the most part. Sorry, I know that makes you sad, but it is still true.

This whole reply to my post actually makes me understand how it was possible for you to write the OP. You're just making things up.

then use it properly. To me and my country with its MILLIONS of people from whence I come it is not.
In my country the illiterate and uneducated people use it in conjunction with Ebonics.

If your country is not England, I couldn't care less how many people in your country uses the word and how.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

the worst offenders are the ones who had it all given via inheritance, their parents or grandparents usually had to work hard to get where they are and understand therefore the value of their money and it's place, not so the silverspoon babies who often are embarrassed by their own folks and are often seen putting them down or hiding them like a deformed mad uncle.

then there are those who hit the jackpot, and suddenly think they are lords and ladies, but the cheapness is visible to the discerning eye, lol, suddenly they are too good to hang around with their old crowd, who they see as jealous little gold-diggers and moochers, they like to treat people like children if not slaves as well. it's always a joy to see them after they've blown all their money, but seemingly unable to get rid of their attitude.

great thread and educational [for some] too

you've even arranged for 2 or 3 examples of the kind of folks with their superiority complexes chained to their bank balances that you're criticizing, to come here and display themselves

F&S

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I don't think that you are talking about "Rich People", but rather drones with money.

Get out there and become one those "Rich People" that you like. Life will be easier for you and you'll be able to help others as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Well, that's the first time a double post has happened to me.

edit on 18-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Personally i can't stand people that thinks the world owes them something because they have a crappy job that they are unhappy with.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I see a lot of "rich people" in this thread.
Jealousy indeed!
I for one know you're not envious, OP. You're just sick of being mistreated and happen to see a trend that no one seems to like hearing about.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I don't disagree that there are rich snobby people. I've met plenty of them. A lot while I was waiting tables and a nice end restaurant too.

But what are you defining as rich? Do you actually know how much money these people have? Do you know their life stories? Doubtful.

Also, I come from a wealthier family. Not 'rich' by any stretch of the means, but my parents provided pretty well for themselves. They were the first in each of their families to go to college. Worked their way up from living in a roach invested apartment to having a nice 2 story house in the suburbs in a nice neighborhood and were able to send both their kids to college.
They are some of the most genuinely hard working and nice people I know.
They are incredibly smart with their money and do not recklessly spend any of it (which is why they have been able to provide so much.) They save wherever they can. Even if that means my father and mother doing all of the repairs to our house themselves. And not just repairs, but complete remodeling - tearing down walls, building cabinets, installing plumbing, etc.

Because of how I was brought up, I also know a lot of 'rich' people. And i can genuinely say, some of the 'rich' people i know are the NICEST and most generous people I've met. And that niceness extends out to not just me and their close friends/family, but to everyone.

This whole class warfare thing is EQUALLY as discriminative as racism or any other kind of intolerant behavior. How can you possibly label an entire social caste of people that you don't even know based on a handful of experiences you have at a restaurant in one little corner of the world?
Maybe your restaurant just attracts douchey people. Who knows?
Or maybe it's just your attitude.
We are all reflections of each other. Often times what we dislike in others is truly something we dislike about ourselves.

But I'd recommend you don't lower yourself down to the petty hatred and wasteful anger,
because if/when you do
you become no better than that you hate.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

What you have described has nothing to do with money...rich people or even poor people...it has to do with really crappy people...period. How can you tell when people are rich ? I mean....is it how they dress ? Because poor people or those with less means including waiters can shop at the same places and often do..they even buy the same clothes....this human nature at work and has nothing to do with money....some of the worst peole I know when it comes to tipping are waiters themselves..

.I have had a friend pick up a tip I left z(he is a waiter) because he said dont tip that much...I left another tip by the way...and some of the worse behaving people I know dont have two nickles to put together after payday because they spend everything attempting to be rich and showing off...live on credit cards...dont blame human behavoir on money.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

EDIT:

learnt

A quick google search, or if you were to peruse a dictionary ever, will show you

Learnt:

1) Gain or acquire knowledge of or skill in (something) by study, experience, or being taught.
2) Commit to memory.

I imagine I (sadly) am from your country too.
Please do not group me into the "millions" of people such as yourself who do not know proper English and lack an extensive vocabulary.
Learnt IS a word.

You really have a way of blindly grouping millions of people together based on your extremely narrow minded and ill-informed perspective of reality, don't you?
edit on 18-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join