It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodney Mullen on TED. One of histories best skaters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I love this talk by Rodney Mullen.

John Rodney Mullen (born August 17, 1966) is a professional skateboarder who practices freestyle and street skateboarding. Mullen is credited with inventing numerous skateboarding tricks, including the kickflip, heelflip, impossible, and 360 flip. Mullen has appeared in more than twenty skateboarding videos and has co-authored an autobiography, entitled The Mutt: How to Skateboard and Not Kill Yourself, with Sean Mortimer.

Rodney Mullen

The last thing Rodney Mullen, the godfather of street skating, wanted were competitive victories. In this exuberant talk he shares his love of the open skateboarding community and how the unique environments it plays in drive the creation of new tricks -- fostering prolific ingenuity purely for passion's sake. (Filmed at TEDxUSC.)

His happiness fills the stage and his words carries wisdom.
Well worth the watch if you are into skateboarding or just a person whom appreciates some positive energy.
The skateboarding community goes hand in hand with all the other creative communities that makes our world a little bit better.
It does not really matter what one do, as long as there is passion it will lead to greater things.
edit on 18-9-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Ah, I look forward to watching this! Mullen is most definitely one of the all time skateboard greats! .....Gives me fond memories of back when I used to skate. I'm still a bit bewildered about how I used to jump off of ramps and do kickflips back in those days without ever getting seriously hurt. Yet now days I fall in my apartment on carpeted floor and end up snapping my shin bone! Getting old suck!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Ha ha yes quite different

It is almost like one is some kind of superhuman when in that young age.
Or at least the fear does not really exist. Perhaps that is why one could do so many crazy things. Mind over matter!

join