It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese 'Zerg rush' Senkaku Islands with 1,000 fishing boats, dramatic pics inside!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
These pictures are just crazy, if confirmed to be true. I can't read Chinese, so if anyone can, please translate...

I mean, c'mon now.

The chances of someone screwing up in this scenario, if the JDF responds, just went up exponetionally if this is real.

This looks like Iran's wet dream of what they would like to do the U.S. 5th fleet in the Arabian sea.

Will cooler heads prevail? Or are we witnessing the beginnings of a conflict which frighteningly mirrors what has come before.

Economic crash - oil embargo - world wide war. Wash, rinse and repeat.

I noticed the date on one screenshot as 9/17, but I dunno, is this really happening?

Seems like the MSM is avoiding this story.....

Source
edit on 18-9-2012 by Gemwolf because: Added source

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Wow!!!!

One mistake by the US or Japan and this is like squirting a cluster of wasp nests with a water pistol politically speaking!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
Wow!!!!

One mistake by the US or Japan and this is like squirting a cluster of wasp nests with a water pistol politically speaking!

Well, you could also say one mistake by the Chinese as well.

I think cooler heads will prevail though.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
These pictures are just crazy, if confirmed to be true. I can't read Chinese, ...

You soon will by the looks of it

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Yeah. It happened.

I didnt write a thread on it, but I did post it, in another thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like I said there. Just ONE itchy trigger..

Watch for it.

S&F

+32 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I am seriously scared.

For the Fish

!000 Chinese Fishing boats going to One Spot where no one lives with essentially nothing to do while they are they but Fish.

I don't know what will come of this

But for Tuna they will remember this like 9-11

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This is their chance while they're in formation, Carpet Bomb them Japan!

All jokes aside, why so many boats, 1000? Isn't that a bit too much.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
When i was a kid, my grand father used to 9and still does0 complain that the world is going mad. I used to roll my eyes and block my ears from it all, but i think the old man was correct.

Did the world suddenly wake up and get out of the wrong side of thec bed. Global PMS.

While the world continues to moan on about "that film" we see what COULD really be an issue explode out of control.

Why does China and Jpan so desperatly want this part of the world so much. i understand Japan is a very proud nation that would rather take roisk over, give away, but i just don't get it.

Sure it might be over, oil, natural resources, but still. I thought China was buying up Africa, to tap into such for when the middle east was bone dry, so i don't really get this.

If someone said the world was about to witness madness, and you put China and Japan into the picture, i would have said, what?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Here is the story:

mainichi.jp...

Very interesting.

I think this is a very creative way to show force without any real violence on the part of China. How brilliant is it to send a fleet of fishing boats instead of warships to claim an are in dispute?

The international community wouldn't abide any violence on the part of Japan or it's allies with no warships or openly hostile moves other than a fleet of harmless fishing boats.

I must admit I am impressed.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
People are so ignorant. I know many political leaders are dumb, but in this case the populace is even dumber. With everything that has happened thus far, looking back, it was all avoidable. The morons aren't going to stop until we've killed every human being on the planet it would seem. I've lost a lot of faith in humanity, and have virtually no faith in government. Any government. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and facepalm yourself. There are just people who want blood, and will have it regardless of what those of us who are sane are telling them. I don't care whether a person is religious or not, but Jesus had a good philosophy, and if we would abide by it, we would avoid all this confrontation. Love thy neighbor. It's that simple, when it comes down to it.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You've got my attention. I was just beginning to hear about this China/island situation, but these photos do give it a sense of urgency.

Apparently these islands have been claimed by Japan since 1895, and it's only five small islands with three rocks. Even Google has poor satellite coverage of them. Is China that hard up on resources? One of the larger islands is only two by one miles in size, and I don't see many docking areas there. What are they all going to do once they get there? Drop anchor, make signs that read Occupy Senkaku?

reply to post by Jinglelord

Thanks for a news source on it, was going to ask ErEhWoN about that.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Is China that hard up on resources? One of the larger islands is only two by one miles in size, and I don't see many docking areas there. What are they all going to do once they get there?

it's to set a precedent. incrementally taking land piece by piece, would demoralize japan as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
the pictures look fake, computer generated.

this sounds a bit more relaistic;

Steve Herman ‏@W7VOA

Japanese authorities say ~ dozen Chinese vessels spotted in contiguous zone near disputed remote islands.

twitter.com...
edit on 18-9-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
the pictures look fake, computer generated.

this sounds a bit more relaistic;

Steve Herman ‏@W7VOA

Japanese authorities say ~ dozen Chinese vessels spotted in contiguous zone near disputed remote islands.

twitter.com...
edit on 18-9-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

I dunno... That's Japan

Fukushima is "a breach"

Water seeping through cracks in street after earthquake is "a leak"

Even Godzilla was a "new species" lol

Seriously a big part of the culture is not complaining, taking what life hands you politely....

Completely different from America where here this would be "Red Dawn" in Japan this is "Chinese fishing violation"

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

Why does China and Jpan so desperatly want this part of the world so much. i understand Japan is a very proud nation that would rather take roisk over, give away, but i just don't get it.

Because if any country has the rights to those islands, their territorial waters will increase in size and influence.

This could be a very important forward point for both Chinese economy and military strategy. Those islands would become - literally - their advanced backyard. They will have the right to put there any military equipment they want, and nobody can say a thing about it. They could also station there whole fleets, and nobody could accuse them of putting military pressure. That sea area would become their own waters, which also includes control.

Territorial waters, or a territorial sea, as defined by the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, is a belt of coastal waters extending at most 12 nautical miles from the baseline (usually the mean low-water mark) of a coastal state. The territorial sea is regarded as the sovereign territory of the state, although foreign ships (both military and civilian) are allowed innocent passage through it; this sovereignty also extends to the airspace over and seabed below.

Source

It also works for Japan's interests. The advantages that China would take from it are the same as Japan's, both in strategic importance and economical gains. I should mention that Japan isn't allowed (still) to have an offensive military force, which means that these islands are the perfect pretext to have a more advanced defensive position, without disrespecting the limitations to which they still have to obey.

This gets even more complex when you start looking at past announcements and you read stuff like this:

NYTimes - Japan announces Defense Policy to counter China

December 16, 2010

TOKYO — Japan announced a new defense policy on Friday that will respond to China’s rising military might by building more submarines and other mobile forces capable of defending Japan’s southernmost islands.

The new National Defense Program Guidelines are the biggest step yet in a decade-long shift away from cold war-era deployments of heavy tank and artillery units on the northern island of Hokkaido — to counter a now-vanished Soviet threat — and toward bolstering Japanese forces in the southern islands around Okinawa, where China’s navy has become a growing presence.

The new guidelines also used uncharacteristically strong language to warn of China’s rapidly modernizing military, calling it “a matter of concern for the region and the international community.”

In my opinion, things are heating very fast, and although a lot of people are armchair strategists and think they know a lot about History and World War, this thing that is going on with China and Japan is far more important than anything else in the World. Even more important than Iran.

Both World Wars used excuses as a pretext to attack.

However, if you take away those excuses, you are left - just prior to the conflict - with territorial disputes.

Prior to World War I you could see a lot of conflicts inside Europe. Most of them were around territory and economical/military influence areas.

And prior to World War II, you had the Germans saying that Poland should give Danzig back.

The Free City included the city of Danzig and over two hundred nearby towns, villages, and settlements. As the League of Nations decreed, the region was to remain separated from the nation of Germany and from the newly resurrected nation of Poland, but it was not an independent state; the Free City was under League of Nations protection and put into a binding customs union with Poland. Poland also had special utilization rights towards the city. The Free City was created in order to give Poland access to a well-sized seaport while respecting the fact that the city's population was roughly ninety-five percent German.

Source

Danzig was very small, but the only connection Poland had with the ocean. Poland interests collided with German interests, and this is provably the main reason why Poland was invaded in the first place, kicking off WW2.

As you can see, even the smallest city and the smallest port could start the worst of wars.

Caution, is what I advise.
edit on 18-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
China says they own Diaoyu island, Japan says they bought it form "someone", the Chinese find this hilarious because "someone" in Chinese translates to "Japan",.
Diaoyu island is only 4.3km long but China is taking this very seriously because they consider Japan's intrusion as a violation of their territory since they say they own this island, also, the location of it is very relevant as a military position.
China does not take Japan's military abilities lightly, they believe Japan has a very strong military and that they are crazy so...
I just hope they don't drag us into this mess.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Back in the day the Greeks launched a thousand warships for Helen. Today the Chinese launch a thousand fishing boats over some rocks.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
US and China are best mates

af.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
I just hope they don't drag us into this mess.

This was planned out long ago (getting Japan to claim that island to get China into war with us)

In the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands there is one island called "Tinian", where the nuclear bombs were loaded onto bombers and sent to bomb Japan. After WWII the airfield at Tinian was abandoned and made a National Historic site of the United States.

Obama's had the US military getting the Tinian airfield working again and flying F-18's, C-130's, and helicopters and who knows what else....all VERY recent.

Obama's been having the US military get ready in the region to start fighting China. After the military was ready....he had Japan pull this stunt claiming that island.

ALSO we are getting the Philippines to claim an island that belongs to China and there's a similiar thing going on over that over the Scarbarough Shoal.

This is ALL been planned YEARS ago. Here's a heads up, it's going to go nuclear...very early on.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
Back in the day the Greeks launched a thousand warships for Helen. Today the Chinese launch a thousand fishing boats over some rocks.

I just released 1,000 balloons to claim the sky.... it belongs to me now.

Doesn't this all seem a little childish, and where are the Chinese going to get their fish from over the next few weeks.

edit on 18-9-2012 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join