It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$7 million in gold found in dead man's home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

When Walter Samaszko Jr. died at his home in Carson City, Nev., he had $200 in a bank account. But as officials later discovered, Samaszko had about $7 million stored neatly around his home...

NBCNews

The man most likely paid a tax when in purchased his gold, now the government wants to tax him again after he dead…just doesn’t sound right to me.

I get it if they give the gold to a family member, I would think she would have to pay a tax on the value of inheritance…but the story said the IRS would get their $750,000 before that happens…

Glover said the Internal Revenue Service will take a sizable amount in taxes -- about $750,000 -- and that the rest will likely go to a first cousin

and then she is taxed again, right... IRS is corrupt to the core

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

In came the cleanup crews, which discovered boxes of gold in the garage. “At that point, we took the house apart,” said Carson City clerk-recorder Alan Glover.

Are they insane? What right do they have to do this???

"Cleanup crews" should have taken the body and left.

The State can just "legally" ransack your home? What about probate, his will and heirs?

Its none of the State's effing business as to what this man kept in his home.

And trust me, they found a lot more than $7 million. Thats just the remaining amount after a few gold filled bags went missing.

edit on 18-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
its sick that the u.s. government considers someone dying taxable income.

its basically saying you "earned" money that should be taxed off some ones death.

the only reason i see they do it is to prevent family fortunes, "old" money and an aristrocratic class of wealth.

which is ridiculous, it isn't the 17th century and we are not in europe.

its a double tax that should be abolished and it tarnishes the spirit of the inheritance.

edit on 18-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Moral of the story:

You all are fools for collecting these material things. The physical things are not going with you and they mean nothing outside of petty subjective nature that upright hairless apes give it.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

good point, I agree with that also...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Moral of the story:

You all are fools for collecting these material things. The physical things are not going with you and they mean nothing outside of petty subjective nature that upright hairless apes give it.

I don't expect to take things with me, but what ever I may have at my passing should go to my family...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Why don't you do like I do
Start giving it away while your still alive and enjoy the smile & fun on their face.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Do not worry people.
In the end our beloved Bernanke will get it all. It will just require a little bit of trickery to get every ounce of it.
But it will be done.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I am certain that at least one member of this "cleanup crew" took some gold for themselves. Probably more than one person. And I agree that they have no right to ransack this house looking for gold, when nothing in the house belongs to them. Just because he died doesn't mean anything. They should have contacted his nearest relative to come and do what they wished with the house and his belongings. Just another reason to despise the "state."

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
A prime example of why you should die broke!

Give it away while you still live and NO taxes.

The last check you should write should be to the mortician and it should bounce!!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
that would have only cost about 1mil back in 94

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
somebody i know lent some large farm equipment to another aging friend of his. the aging friend passed away, natural death. the person i know went to collect his goods before it got caught up with the dead mans estate. he's currently looking at spending a lengthy term in prison for recovering his own goods.

however it's not illegal for the government to rob you. and rob you twice. how is it that we pay tax on what we earn, through the nose i might add. we save the little we have left over so that our children might one day be able to benefit, and when we die the government somehow legitimately robs us of that savings too.

i've never understood how this can be legal or right.

SMR

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Glover’s goal at this point is to get the most money for Samaszko’s only living heir, his first cousin Arlene who is a substitute teacher in San Rafael, California. This means dealing with the IRS, who wants up to 75 percent of the total depending on whether or not Samaszko and his mother filed their taxes properly.

Glover says that the IRS will be wanting a mimimum of $800,000.
Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

Can anyone explain to me or show me something that says that the IRS can tax this mans gold that was rightfully bought and paid for and most likely already taxed ? How do they come up with this stuff ? How do they already come up with a percentage and number when there is no indication on whether he or his mother paid taxes. I'm pretty sure if it were a few dollars they would have no interest in what this man had yet when it comes to $7 million, here comes Uncle Sam ...

If I have $5 in my pocket from my paycheck which was already taxed, and I die, will the IRS tax that $5 once again ? I HAVE to be missing something here.

btw ... brand new 1968 Mustang in the garage !!!

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Moral of the story:

That is the most ridiculous 'moral' I have ever heard. Do you practice what you preach ?

top topics

join