It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are FEMA Camps for Arab-American Internment If Major War Breaks Out in Mid-East?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Including current national borders, state borders, and the day to day grind of merely surviving. Heck, one could argue that the Internet and cable TV qualify as internment camps, from a certain POV.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
this time around something should be done about this terrible prejudice. internment or even the threat of it will breed the extremism a camp intends to withhold.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

True

But that would be voluntary internment wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Absolutely it would - but it is actually far more effective than the involuntary kind and most people do not even realize that they are being restricted.

When you visit Disneyland you don't tend to notice the gates or walls once you're inside - but you are enclosed nonetheless.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Don't know why, but that is one of the reasons I've always avoided tourist traps. Maybe because I see tham as traps. Both in the fiscal and physical sense.

I prefer tramping through the woods. Or relaxing in the middle of a lake.

I guess I'm a bad guy.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

I wholly agree with you . Those who have their heads firmly up their rear ends and some of them are near and dear to me will soon face the real world . Those people are going to be very angry and vocal when you cut their phone , internet and beer/cigarettes off and TV off . FEMA will act decisively and heavy handed to set a precedent for what to expect when you resist , even peacefully . All you have to do is look at Executive Orders for Marshal Law and you will be sick to your stomach . Then view on Youtube Police State 2000 and see how they will deal with you with UN troops on our soil .

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Including current national borders, state borders, and the day to day grind of merely surviving. Heck, one could argue that the Internet and cable TV qualify as internment camps, from a certain POV.

~Heff

Maybe they could give them names like, "Camp Lots-O-Movies" or "Camp-A-Go-Go" or "Camp Free Wireless."

They're sounding more fun already.

Or: "Camp ATS"...doh!!!

edit on 18-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Good thread! - think it is feasible what you are proposing. I would like to see though a screening process so that innocent people do not get sent away. How could they do that in a humane way?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
OP- to answer your question: O hell no! That would be "racist"

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Source

At the moment there are about 800 camps, each facility can hold approximately 20,000 inmates. That totals up at an interned population of 16,000,000. This includes a mega camp in Alaska which can hold 2,000,000 dissenters, reminds me of the Gulag Archepeligo.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel
reply to post by sonnny1

Source

At the moment there are about 800 camps, each facility can hold approximately 20,000 inmates. That totals up at an interned population of 16,000,000. This includes a mega camp in Alaska which can hold 2,000,000 dissenters, reminds me of the Gulag Archepeligo.

So incredibly incorrect, its almost not even worth debunking.

Why do people still continue to spread this BS?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

This is exactly what I have been saying for years.
A war with muslims will be an arab christian war.

I'm also thinking that a serious attack will be one in Rome where they will capture the Vatican. A real TSHTF scenario.

However for the camps to be activated there would have to be a serious war with most muslim countries.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Sadly Gut I have to agree, these are not meant for summer camp or weekend getaways for the rich.

For any fanatics muslum or not.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Personally I think you hit this 100% right on. To the extent that camps actually do exist, sit empty and are maintained for quick use, I think they are in anticipation of internment for the outbreak of general global war with Islamic extremists.

There are 240,000 or so people in the DHS as a whole. Total. All of them to include the Coast Guard. The whole shooting match...a quarter million. There are a couple million military but most of those are 18-25 year olds with more idealism than cold life experience and could never be counted on to actually go against the American public. Not with the certainty FEMA camps for general use would require, IMO.

Radical Islam ....so radical they'd be an honest concern for being active fighters within our borders....would be a real small % of what is already a VERY small % of 330 million people. So which is more likely given all the numbers? A measurable % of 330 million for American dissidents or the VERY small % of Islamic Jihadist fighters in general war?

I definitely think the OP idea here is the most likely read for the camps and MASSIVE contigency building seen in contracts to KBR and Halliburton during the last term.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by abdel

Not to mention any federal land with enough chain length fence and razor wire can be turned into a makeshift camp.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi
reply to post by abdel

Not to mention any federal land with enough chain length fence and razor wire can be turned into a makeshift camp.

And empty big box stores can be detention centers with enough guards.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by The GUT

Radical Islam ....so radical they'd be an honest concern for being active fighters within our borders....would be a real small % of what is already a VERY small % of 330 million people. So which is more likely given all the numbers? A measurable % of 330 million for American dissidents or the VERY small % of Islamic Jihadist fighters in general war?

I definitely think the OP idea here is the most likely read for the camps and MASSIVE contigency building seen in contracts to KBR and Halliburton during the last term.

Yeah, sonny1 raised a question about the numbers in regards to capacity and I have to say the way you put it, Wrabbit, brings it into a more probable focus.

It's without a doubt, considering the religious aspect, going to be an issue and the camps suddenly start to make more sense. I have no doubt that they might be used for a number of reasons, but when the idea was planned and sold I bet it was under the context we're discussing here.

Anyone clinging to the juvenile belief that they don't exist is only feeling themselves (yes, I meant "feeling" ha) the only question that remains is : What are they for?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi
reply to post by abdel

Yeah, doesn't look like we went all out on comfort features the first time...

edit on 18-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by The GUT

Quite a stretch there sir.

No, those camps are not for Ma and Pa Kettle.

They are for, ready for, groups such as Oathkeepers, outspoken Military Personal who believe in the Constitution, and others who will act as leaders in a Uprising.

Arabs
not hard to monitor a group that prays 5 times a day.

Why would you think Arabs pray 5 times a day?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Could it be possible these camps are for the religious in general?

NO! Religious people need to stop being so damned paranoid. Just because you don't have 100% control of the world anymore, doesn't mean they're coming to lock you up!

It could be for muslims, but I remember last year or so people thinking they were for poor people rioting against the government like OWS or inner city hoodlums.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join