It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Recall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
What a let down. Convoluted, uninteresting script, poor acting, lots of continuity glitches, way to many and to long fight scenes that didn't add to the story and they reeked of halfassed choreography. The principals were rigid and unnatural.

But as usual the CGI was masterful and beautiful, great sound track, and the art dept. was superb in creating the "Blade Runner" vibe. Not a waste of time but close.

edit on 18-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I gave up on this movie not even 10 minutes in...Perhaps I'll give it another go if the visuals are good then..I hope the remake of Robocop goes way better than this..I know the acting in the Robocop remake will be better than the original..I watched parts 1&2 this weekend and the acting was atrocious..Peter Weller was excellent as always though
edit on 18-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I'm confused, if you watched it when it came out it was very cool, I justed watched lawnmower man and feel as you do now, Arnold whatzthefuknitupanagger screwing it uP again, again.. Why is he a governer?? Ohh yeAh money gets you places rather than Of soul n heart.

Come on it was a good movie 15 years ago

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
What a let down. Convoluted, uninteresting script, poor acting, lots of continuity glitches, way to many and to long fight scenes that didn't add to the story and they reeked of halfassed choreography. The principals were rigid and unnatural.

But as usual the CGI was masterful and beautiful, great sound track, and the art dept. was superb in creating the "Blade Runner" vibe. Not a waste of time but close.

I LOVED Total Recall. I thought the story was great. Mess with someones head by implanting memories, classic. Xbox be damned, that would be awesome if you could actually live things like that in your head. I can't wait to see the reboot.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

So it's a pretty good Hollywood movie then, by your account?

You have to be pretty bad to be a bad hollywood movie... By default they are usually terrible.

I just don't see the point of a remake when the original still has value to stand on its own. It's not like Arnie is in black and white, and they have a pianola in the background playing a ditty as the words appear in cut outs on screen.

(having said that, crikey, 22 years old.. lol)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Err... I didn't like the movie. Remaking it was a bad idea. :/

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Did anyone else notice the faces on the money? WTF would obama's face be on united federation of britian's currency for?

And gee, who is the white guy? Why is his worth a thousand and obama only worth 50?

Can't really comment too much on the movie just yet, that's as far as I got. When he goes to the safety deposit box.

top topics

join