It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to Employees of Intelligence and Law Enforcement Agencies Globally

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+104 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hello. My Internet Alias is Hefficide, and previously also "Heff" and "Kovert", but my Christian name is John. But, let's be honest, you could find all of that, and more, out with a few mouse clicks. I am writing this letter, in an open forum, to make a personal statement on behalf of myself and others who share my outrage with the general current state of things.

We live in a world that is teetering on the precipice of ruin. We know this because it seems to be the only thing that media wants to tell us about. Well, except for the local weather and the odd story about how a kitten made a sick child smile, or some other thirty second human interest "feel good" story. This constant barage of negativity has left most of us in a state of perpetual shock. We go about our daily affairs with great fear and dread shoved deep down into the recesses of our minds. We no longer feel peace - because the threat is ever present.

The threat of terror, foreign and domestic.
The threat of being the victim of some spontaneous and irrational crime.
The threat of our own governments abusing their power.
The threat of those who are different than us.
The threat of economic collapse.
The threat of unexpected unemployment.
The threat of change.
The threat of unforseen change.
The threat of one another.

Many of you in the intelligence community specialize in these issues. And some of you might even be smiling right now at a job well done. To be honest, some of you are so obsessed with advancing your own careers that you'd happily put your own mother onto the most wanted list if it would get you that corner office and the title to go along with it.

Many of you are simply lower level employees, making a living, serving what you see as a righteous cause, and doing the best you can with the limited information and access that you posses.

And many of you truly do fight the good fight with honor and integrity. For this I applaud, commend, and thank you. But I also add this: Can you be sure that your morally correct work is being used to morally correct ends by those above you?

We are shifting, now, into a world where the term "domestic terrorist" is becoming the norm. This is a dangerous and troubling development. Psychos, illiterates, hate mongers, and mass murdereds merit many labels, but "terrorist" is one we should not throw around losely. The human mind is such that once we become accustomed to a term, then it will eventually spread and be applied to more things than it did in the beginning.

Will we reach a stage where posting words such as mine will count as "terrorism"? Or where a rowdy teen spray painting grafitti will suddenly be labeled as a "subversive"? At what point do these labels become so all encompassing that they cease having any real value and begin to serve only as catch-alls for mass incarcerations?

I consider myself a proud American patriot. I love my country, my community, my neighbors, friends, and family. And I will happily lay down my life to protect any and all of them from any threat. As I am sure you, dear member of the intelligence community, would also do. But when we, in our zeal to protect, lose sight of who the enemy is... Well friendly fire becomes a very real and dangerous thing. One of the requirements for those who work in your profession is intellectual acumen. I trust that you are all very intelligent and discerning people. Even if your indoctrination into your profession did include mandates to trust your superiors blindly - to accept that those above you know more about the situation than you do - I believe, in my heart, that most of you still do question and possess the ability to discern what is right from what is wrong.

Just as you are employees, you are also citizens of the nations and cultures you come from. Cultures where your families, friends, and coworkers also must live. You owe as much a debt to your community as you do to any agency or entity you may professionally represent.

I am not asking you to violate contract, trust, or oath. Only that you apply reason and logic to your keeping of those oaths.

So, from the bottom of my heart, I extend this open letter to ask you, each and every one, to search your hearts and to commit yourselves to finding clarity and focus in the coming days. And to beg you, sincerely, to make the right choices should you ever be asked to violate your own moral codes. We are all in this together, and we need to remain a united front against evil - not complicit and divided participants in it.

Thank you,

~Hefficide

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

If only you could get this emailed to all their desks! Spoken like a true patriot. If we dont stand for something, we will fall to anything. I encourage more to take a stand and speak the truth inside your hearts. You know its there, you dont even need to think about it. Fear, im afraid, holds most back. I will stand tall

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

SnF Heff!

I was in the military, I know what it is like to stick up for your buddies, even when they are obviously wrong. That doesn't mean killing and covering though, I mean they got in a drunken fight, late for their shift etc.

Thanks for your consideration in this matter, it is of a most personal importance to us all.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

You feel it too, huh Heff?

That smell, right before the storm.

I hope your thoughts, get through to some. If not, God help us All.

S&F

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I feel it in every ounce of my being. I see it with my eyes. And suffer it in my heart. The cries in the wilderness, for all of these years, are no longer the words of madmen. The enemy are at the gates and Rome is in peril.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

great 3 track soundtrack!

felt the need to add one!! Get up, Stand up!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You know, it doesn't matter what walk of life you are from, what job you really have, or how hard you have it. In the end, we are all basically the same. If and when it comes, I am sure that people will come together, and pull through. I have to believe that. I just have to.

Peace, my friend.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
You know, it doesn't matter what walk of life you are from, what job you really have, or how hard you have it. In the end, we are all basically the same. If and when it comes, I am sure that people will come together, and pull through. I have to believe that. I just have to.

Im with you, when it gets down to the gritty, humans will band together. they have to... My fear is that once we get to the business, it may already be too late. procrastination is our mortal enemy this time. procrastination is fine for everyday crap, we'll find time. We can't procrastinate this....we gotta get moving.

Aloha

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RABiam

Well brother, it seems many are awake. I applaud Heff, for writing this thread. It takes a lot to actually implore, those in position, to do the right thing, when the time comes. Its a risk also, especially in these times of NDAA, Patriot Act..etc.......

I leave you with tranquility, or my version of it.

Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thundercloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain down on him
Mmm...mmm...mmm...
So let it be
Mmm...mmm...mmm...
So let it be

Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thundercloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Let it rain
Rain on him

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
In a thread I've got going, I read where one of the characters I'm addressing therein spouted some rhetoric about making and taking his "oath" seriously. At the same time, his "oath" and allegiance seem very different than the one I took and still hold dear.

Well done, troop. You are consistently a man of honor and rare intellect. Your forebears would be proud. I think we should consider a mass mailing of your letter. I'm serious, you nailed it. I bet it would make more than a few shift their view back to center. Where's the Salute icon?

edit on 18-9-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I wish I could S&F you a dozen times for this piece. It really hits the nail on the head, not just for the people employed by the many government agencies across the world, but for all of us.

I may get flamed for this and in no way support terrorism and it's lack of discernation between people regardless of race, colour or creed, but when I read things like this, I feel sometimes I am cheering for the wrong side.

Patriotism shouldn't end at the end of a flag. I do hope this makes the front page as it is something every human being needs to read and begin to take action on.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

They're still human beings after all (mostly)
Thanks for the reminder that our country is the people, not the government or corporations.

Sometimes music says things better than I can.
Here's a song that fits this theme nicely

Opening verse:
They're dropping bombs again and they're doing it in your name
All the racial commentaries in the papers that I read...

edit on 18-9-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

edit on 18-9-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

The fact that they are human beings is exactly what I am hoping for. Many of my friends have been in the military and, in conversation with them, most admit that, at one time, early one, they'd have opened fire on anyone if ordered to do so... .kids, old folks, anyone. But they also said that, after a short period, the indoctrination of basic training began wearing off and they stopped behaving in such a drone like manner.

Most intelligence employees are college educated or ex military. I assume they are long past that initial point of indoctrination - and my prayer is that if they are ever asked to "Do their duty" in ways that violate the basic moral codes that make us all human - they will somehow find the strength to say "Sir, no Sir".

~Heff

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

An excellent, heart-felt letter. The problem is threefold: a) compartmentalization (lower level operatives dont know the big picture and are just following orders); b) machiavellianism (where even at higher levels the theme is that the ends justifies the means); c) evil (pervasive at all levels...from self centered career pursuits to blackmail to taking pleasure in executing evil).

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Thanks for the reminder that our country is the people, not the government or corporations.

And that's the truth. We could elect random people tomorrow, and China would still be our partner. China could elect new leaders tomorrow, and we would still buy Chinese goods. Government figureheads are practically irrelevant, business will continue as long as the people demand the products. Price controls demand. And we like China's prices. I'd be surprised if a 1/4 of Americans even know, let alone care, who China's president is. All we that matters is the price. But we'd be fooling ourselves to think that we shouldn't pay a bill once in a while. Not just an interest payment, but Im talking a chunk off what we owe, show them we appreciate their business and want to continue. This is a part to earning respect back and building stronger trust bonds.

Rab

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Oh the labels that could fly from just your OP. When a simple satire can kill people worldwide, cause billions in damage and control top government officials and bring peaceful embassy's to their rocky foundations, do you really think that if read your words would fall on intelligent ears let alone open hearts and minds to see things any different then they are already slated to become?

There is no correcting this downward spiral with mere words, there will be no turning of ideals, that time has past.

This is the real dilemma, to become a martyr for thoughts or to lay down and silently relent and hope that it does not affect you personally.

"They" who were addressed in the OP, have made that decision and chose the only course for freedom that they knew to take in an us against them scenario. This is how humanity in its sleeping state can be expected to react. When they come and begin taking neighbors, family and friends, people will shut the doors and close the blinds because that is all that can be expected of them. They will not question but accept it, cry alone in the dark and hope that 'they' do not come for them too.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

There is no correcting this downward spiral with mere words, there will be no turning of ideals, that time has past.

The issue arising from this statement is that maybe you don't know the right combination of words. You have never learned how to debate, to find a weakness, to latch on to it, to exploit it, and force them to fear you. You can absolutely crumble a government with words. The time has not past, they are getting more and more panicked by the day. The more they panic, the more effect our words will have. If anything, now is almost the perfect time to be waging war by wielding words.

For true advocates of peace, this IS the only way. subversion, disruption, alienation, and finally the collapse can all be started with a few simple sentences, properly constructed.

edit on 18-9-2012 by RABiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Interesting letter Hefficide. But if you are living in fear from what you see on TV, the internet and the news paper, wouldnt it be easier to shut it all off and stop reading that crap?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 369821

I do not live in fear - but in awareness of current events. Personally? I'm well armed, well liked, and quite capable of defending my own home.

Also, if you feel that I might just be another paranoid, Internet nut-case who is buying into the hype? I am actually a person who has PTSD and has been tested and diagnosed every way to Sunday. Neither paranoia nor paranoid tendencies ever show in testing.

Being informed and aware is not reactionary. It is being prepared. And, as I am sure many other well connected, experienced, and wise posters around here will tell you - current events, globally, are following some very disturbing patterns.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

good on you heff
for stepping up and making a stand

though i'm F&Sing, i'm with antar on this:

the "people", [humanoids rather] you're addressing, live by a twisted version of the law of the jungle
and they consider themselves the super-predators.

you're like van gogh, cutting off your ear and sending love letters to somebody that does not care.
edit on 18-9-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join