It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House demands military prisons for Americans under NDAA ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
White House demands military prisons for Americans under NDAA

Hmmm.

This is from the Russian Times site.

How "reliable" is all this?

More sources needed................

The White House has asked the US Second Circuit Court of Appeals to place an emergency stay on a ruling made last week by a federal judge so that the president’s power to indefinitely detain Americans without charge is reaffirmed immediately.

On Wednesday, September 12, US District Court Judge Katherine Forrest made permanent a temporary injunction she issued in May that bars the federal government from abiding by the indefinite detention provision in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012, or NDAA. Judge Forrest ruled that a clause that gives the government the power to arrest US citizens suspected of maintaining alliances with terrorists and hold them without due process violated the Constitution and that the White House would be stripped of that ability immediately.

Only hours after Judge Forrest issued last week’s ruling, the Obama administration threatened to appeal the decision, and on Monday morning they followed through.

At around 9 a.m. Monday, September 17, the White House filed an emergency stay in federal appeals court in an effort to have the Second Circuit strip away Judge Forrest’s ruling from the week earlier. .................

What is the White House so nervous about ?

When that law was passed, Obama had a "signing statement" that seemed to disagree......

(from Jan 2, 2012)

“The fact that I support this bill as a whole does not mean I agree with everything in it,” the president said in a statement. “I have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation and prosecution of suspected terrorists.”
President Obama Signed the National Defense Authorization Act - Now What?

edit on Sep-17-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Sep-17-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There's already a thread on this topic. Linky

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
There's already a thread on this topic. Linky

OOps !!

go to seabag's thread......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

wow, now I see, Progressives doing their usual pretending they are against something and then turn around and enforce it. I hope people will finally see through his veneer. People still believe he is for the common man. Maybe there is something big around the corner and he wants to make sure he can cart people away the same way the Russians and the Nazis loaded people up into cattle cars and took them to the camps.

They actually have one of the actual cattle cars used at the Holocaust Museum in St. Petersburg Florida.
edit on 18-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join