It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INTERESTING PHOTO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I was at the beach at Marco Island yesterday with the family. I was fishing and using a cast net to catch some bait. I spotted this cloud. I showed my wife who took a few photos with her phone.

img.abovetopsecret.com...

It looked pretty cool. I looked it up and think it is called a circumhorizontal arc. The only thing is when I read abotu them they form on ice crystals. However, this was south Florida, it was super hot out and the cloud didn't appear to be that high... I also read that these have possibly been linked to EQs but I am not aware of any and I have never heard about an EQ in Florida. But it was a cool sight to see.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Here it is

Prety cool S & F
edit on 17-9-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
from SW florida..no shaking went on over here..cool picture though..I heard the "sky rumblings" 2 weeks ago, but i think it was a fighter jet doing it's maneuvers

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Cool pic!

It's when thermal updraft (on the coast) pushes the smaller cumulous clouds up into the colder air above, it looks form the pis it has crystallised and become cirrus. The light (Sun above) bouncing around those crystals is what you are seeing......i think?
edit on 17-9-2012 by CaptainBeno because: sun

edit on 17-9-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Is that a bird or a ufo right above the center of the cloud?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
When I first noticed it it kind of looked like a big eye. After we spent the day on the beach and were on our way back east we saw a traditional rainbow. Then right before sunset my wife noticed what appeared to be a very strange "beam of Light" to the east. I looked miles away and was very wide. I thought it might be a reflection off the windshield but its position did not change when I would move my head. At first it was extremely bright but then it dimmed and you could only see it when you were not looking directly at it. Then it disappeared. By that time the phones were dead so we couldn't get any pics of it. We were heading east on 41 (Tamiami Trail). I am thinking it was rain reflecting the setting sun.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

LOL. It is ATS. There were lots of birds flying around so I am assuming that is what it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I also forgot to mention that immediately after we saw the cloud this woman dressed in a red shirt and a red Indian head dress was standing right next to us. She began walking down the beach and seemed to be praying to the cloud. Then she walked over some rocks around the south bend of the island and disappeared.

edit on 17-9-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Nice catch. That is sunlight refracting thru the ice crystals way up in the Stratosphere. You get the rainbow effect same as when you shine light thru a prism.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012

Originally posted by ElOmen

LOL. It is ATS. There were lots of birds flying around so I am assuming that is what it is.

I saw that, and I was like "Pterodactyl!? O_o"

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Way kewl pic budz! Thanks for sharing...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The weird thing is that exactly the same happened to us here in the UK on Saturday.
We went to the coast [Hunstanton] and on the way back we saw exactly what the OP posted my husband photographed it as well [however I can't be bothered to post this here at the moment, might do later].
The strange thing was that we saw it for more than half an hour. It looked like a portal but we know it was just a rainbow. All the clouds around it had moved around but this small bright white arch of cloud with the rainbow inside stayed in the same place.
I was first going to start a thread but thought it not interesting enough. However now that it has happened to someone else is quite intriguing, considering I had never before heard or seen anything similar and searching the internet, there are only two other accounts [photos] both recently.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

It all depends where you are and the Location doesn't seem to match with the situation is S.W. Florida.
Here some info about it:

www.atoptics.co.uk...

And also found this video
www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-9-2012 by Xena12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Nice one.....................

new topics

top topics

join