It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Oh my God! I woke up with a snake tattoo!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
"Oh my god, and I think my tongue's pierced too!"

I'm laughing as I write this.

I've been singing these two lines at various times off and on in the past couple of years whenever a moment of drama happens. Each time I was in the presence of a close relative and the conversation involved the night before, I would sing the words only to be told to stop immediately.

Now I know full well that my pipes can be offensive to some discrimating listeners, but to my relatives, meh! Especially if those relatives happen to have a tattoo or more and tend to be a little paranoid, thinking I am judging them.

So I continued to sing this on occasion, always to be told to stop.

Then one day the radio blared it out in our presence, and my paranoid relative's jaw dropped in total surprise. I still laugh when I think of that moment of discovery, flattered to be taken as the one who made it up.

Here's Amanda Marshall with her original song: I just now found it on YT and learned that the correct title is Sunday Morning After.

It made me laugh all over again, especially as I'd forgotten the last line.

If you're not familiar with it, hope you enjoy.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

HA! Love it. It reminds me of how I used to act in my 20s. One time I woke up on a sunday morning in a strange apartment and had NO idea who's it was or how I got there. I got up and realized noone was home, my right eye was swollen shut and my back was hurting. Thinking I got my ass handed to me by someone the night before I found the bathroom mirror to see how bad it was. And OMG was I surprised. I had not been in a fight at all. I had a big barbell piercing through my eyebrow, a tattoo of a skull on my back and BLUE hair. I went home and took out the piercing and shaved all of the stupid blue hair off of my head. Nothing I could do about the tat though. To this day I have absolutely no idea how it all happened or who's apt I was in. I must have had a blast though.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

HA! Love it. It reminds me of how I used to act in my 20s. One time I woke up on a sunday morning in a strange apartment and had NO idea who's it was or how I got there. I got up and realized noone was home, my right eye was swollen shut and my back was hurting. Thinking I got my ass handed to me by someone the night before I found the bathroom mirror to see how bad it was. And OMG was I surprised. I had not been in a fight at all. I had a big barbell piercing through my eyebrow, a tattoo of a skull on my back and BLUE hair. I went home and took out the piercing and shaved all of the stupid blue hair off of my head. Nothing I could do about the tat though. To this day I have absolutely no idea how it all happened or who's apt I was in. I must have had a blast though.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Ooops, I double clicked the post button.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Glad you enjoyed it. How shocked you must have been. Must have been quite the sight in the mirror! A barbell?

When I first heard it, I could just imagine the shock and total disbelief someone would go through, then the searching through the heavy cobwebs to remember, but nothing comes.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Went to a club, totally wasted and proceeded to lose my friends many years ago in my early 20s. In my haste to message them as to their whereabouts I spied a rather fine looking lady sitting across from me.
"I've lost my friends!" (At least that's what I think I said...)
"Me too! You wanna come back to my place?"

I awoke a number of hours later, still drunk, sandwiched between the girl and another. Oh the regret, I was still focused on my friends, and left hurriedly. I somehow managed to walk the 9 kilometres back to my friend's house, whereupon I had to spend the night in my car.

Next morning on the drive home, we are passing a bunch of roadworkers cleaning up a pile of witches hats, flashing hazard lights and other higway related material. It would seem someone had a bit of fun and kicked and threw them everywhere.

It wasn't until later that night I recalled that part of the evening....

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Oh the foolishness of youth, huh?

So um, were you more concerned about the missed opportunity or the need to call out a road crew?

top topics

join