It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's coming is #### !

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i can totally sympathise with your situation, and i was just talking about this with one of my best friends last night. Sick of working my arse off to just eat from week to week, cant save anything, and i have a pretty decent job, i dont get paid a great deal cause im essentially in a graduate position, but i take home just under $800 a week and im out of money 2 days before i get paid every week. i have a toddler and a wife to support, and the only reason i get by is because the Australian government supplements my income. My friend i was talking to lives in Sydney, probably the most expensive place to live in Australia, now he earns pretty good money, around $2,500 a week, but he does 60 hours between Monday to Friday and 6 hours on Saturday, and rent for his place in Sydney, a small well kept but old 2 bedroom apartment, is about $800 a week. We were talking about how we are forced into this system to go to work and be miserable and none of it just matters, we waste our lives in the rat race and forget to actually live, and its seemes almost impossible to escape this relentless cycle of bull# without removing yourself to the middle of the woods somewhere and disconnect from everyone you know and love.

Feels like being stuck in a re-run of the same series you've seen time and time again

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Come to Canada. Saskatoon Saskatchewan to be specific. Lots of jobs up here for someone with your skills. The economy is booming and there is construction going on everywhere. More work than there is skilled people to fill the demand. The province I live in has more natural resources than most countries do and TPTB want to start exploiting those resources. So life here will be good for a very long time. A family can actually have a promising future here. Go online to find a job here, become a citizen. I fear things will only get worse in the USA.

I'm sorry, I love the American people, but your country is going down the crapper. Your government is no longer looking out for the people. The USA peaked as an economic superpower and has nowhere to go but down. The American people were sold out by the corporations for cheaper labour in other countries. The manufacturing sector that made the USA an economic powerhouse has all but disappeared. The only thing the USA has going for it right now is its military. That scares the crap out of me and the rest of the world I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The way to win a class war is to kill off the other class.

These are increasingly the kinds of conditions that led to bloody revolutions in the past. The French Revolution and the Reign of Terror come to mind immediately. The political, financial and entertainment classes - fundamentally a monolithic elite class - are completely out of touch.

Let's hope somebody with some clout and vision wakes up before the whole thing implodes. A Second American Civil War is not going to be fun... We have much better weapons these days.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by ExPostFacto

excellent point and I could not agree more. However, I do think employers have a right to dig a bit deeper into previous employment. As an employer, you would not willingly hire someone who is a lazy waste of space and air who doesn't really want to work. If you work in retail, you wouldn't want to hire someone who stole from previous employers. So to some extent I can understand how a potential employer would want to ask some questions of a previous employer that extends beyond start date and length of employment.

There's a solution to that... You just lie!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I can't say much except we are in the same boat. I just went back to work in March after 3 years off at half the pay and my husband is still looking. I think like some else said, age has something to do with not getting jobs for him. We did have an issue of one employer giving him a bad reference until one of his former co-workers told us so we just don't use him anymore, we use the owner. He sends out at least 10-15 apps a week. Even got hired, but when he went to a work the first day a different manager said they had decided not to hire him - after he looked him up and down and said "you know this is a pretty vigorous job".

We are fighting to keep our house from being foreclosed. Used all our retirement and savings to keep the payments up until that ran out. Trying to sell it before they foreclose so we can at least get some of the equity but it seems, even when they are going to paid for it, no one wants to help. Talked to a realtor who said she could help, even had another client in the same situation. Was going to do some checking and call me back. Never heard from her again even after another message. Will now move on to another and see if someone can get it sold for us.

I don't know what's going to happen but I think it will get a lot worse before its better. I just wish it would get it over with already.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude
reply to post by randyvs

At the risk of sounding like Romney, why not get off your ass and make your own money? Why are you living with her parents? You talk about HER job history, but not your own.

I would like all the kids in school to see this post so they know what to expect when they drop out like you did. This is not a personal attack on you exactly, more of a public service to those people who think working at Mc Donalds is a career decision. For all those people who are lazy and think they DESERVE something for nothing I say put up or shut up. If you took the time to learn a SKILL that would support your family you would have a job.

There are lots of jobs out there for people willing to work. If your wife puts in enough apps she will get a job. I don't know if she was fired unjustly or not, but the real issue is why YOU are not providing for your family? It is hard right now, but like you eluded to things will get tougher. You should have a better hedge on your bets here. Learn a craft! Plant a garden! Sell your junk!

Then again, there is always Mc Donalds.

No wrong wait stop backup start over. You're making me sound like an ass and it's you who don't have it straight. We don't live with her parents. I said they own the place we live in. You rattle like a trash can. Seriously !

As far as you personally attacking me ? I laugh at you partner you don't know half the crap I know after 30 yrs in construction and I bet shaken your hand is like grabbin a hold of poppin fresh. You know the dough boy.
You don't even know me so don't make assumptions that are gonna take your fool head off .
edit on 18-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wow people or sheople like that make me wonder if they are to blame for the situation I am in or any of us? Meaning if they are that inconsiderate like that, they might be inconsiderate of many and actually cause the everyday problems instead of actually offering advice or help? But no they rather slander and breed a egg of contempt.
Shame on you and I do hope you re evailuate some of what you said. Why you ask? Cause it's shameful and you would never adressess a real human being in person this way. You are disgusting if you think you could.

Not at you Randy this was for "onecraftydude".
edit on 18-9-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by remmetlee
The way to win a class war is to kill off the other class.

Let's hope somebody with some clout and vision wakes up before the whole thing implodes. A Second American Civil War is not going to be fun... We have much better weapons these days.

Here's a great idea a bunch of morons running around shooting each other, and the elite laughing their collective asses off, because they are selling them the implements for war.

Oh wait that is already happening.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

That's what I see taking place soon. Keep your own as safe as possible.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
S&F

Great post. People NEED to be reading these as they continue to come up.

My wife and I were in the same boat. We got lucky, to get back into the system for now. That is, until there is no system to get back into.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monteriano
In West Texas an inexperienced person can get an entry level position at $130K per year. I started 8 months ago at the age of 52 and no previous oil field experience and will make about $150K this year. I just moved to the US 8 months ago and found a job here in 2 days. I also have wife and kids. Every radio station here has ads all day for employers seeking warm bodies. I work over 100 hours a week and rarely get any days off. Do I wish it were different? Yes but I must feed my family. It is hard work, both mentally and physically. I swing a 14lb sledge hammer two hours a day and operated equipment 16 to 24 hours in a day with a few cat naps. I have a BS degree but now use my body instead of my mind. I do what it takes. Check out the Odessa American classified ads for jobs and good luck. Do not give up. There is tons of work in ND, south and west Texas.

I'm so far from giving up I don't even know what it means. If jobs are that abundant in Texas ? I'm there tell me where to go. My last job was in El Paso, Texas six months ago. I'll go there in a heart beat.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Several years ago my husband and I spent a couple of years on the road because we had lost everything due to illness, the unethical company I had worked for and "the system". We heard your/our story repeated at every low rent campground from Maine to Texas. Almost everyone we came to know had been hard working citizens pursuing the American Dream until they became ill and lost their jobs. Sometimes it was just the loss of the job that started the spiral. Even with good health if there are no jobs it doesn't matter.

It is a blessing that you have your family to help you in these dark times. There are so many, usually people of middle age who no longer have a support system. Their parents are gone and their children have not yet reached a place of financial stability to lend a hand.

I like to think that at some point the pendulum will swing the other way, on it's own, without the impetus of violence or revolution, but I do not hold out much hope. And then we hear a man who wishes to lead our country saying that "we" don't count. That we are somehow "other". He doesn't even care enough about the people of this country to pay us lip service and instead openly disrespects us.

That there are those who do not see the problem with that does not bode well for us, any of us.

Last year thousands of people took to the streets to make a statement. They wanted to make people understand that there is a problem and the longer we ignore it or try to spin it in a more positive light it only gets worse. They may not have gone about things in the best manner, but when everything is so effed up it is hard to pick one message and stay on track. What did they get for their troubles? They were brutalized, arrested and called every disparaging name in the book. And the bulk of Americans went back to their reality TV and junk food.

So here we are, the 47% or the 99% depending on what charts, politicians or activists you listen to. What will we do? What can we do?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
A little music to set the tone.

K
This world has totally pushed

I'm just laying out what's been going on here as an example of what the hell this world is coming too.

No, that is a small example of what hell the world has already come to, actually it is a pathetic example, absolutely pathetic. I can think of 5 things of the top of my head that are much more.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey man here's hoping things get better for you and your family. Sounds like the Texas lead could be fruitful, but I digress.

I have read several posts that have mentioned the "American Dream." To be honest, I've awakened from the so called American Dream awhile ago and realized it for what it truly is.

The American Dream was conjured up by the people who owned all of the corporations and banks as a dangling carrot to keep people driven trying to pursue wealth, or for some just a nice living. Go to college. Most can't afford it and go into debt. Finish college get a career to pay off student loans and be a productive member of society. Find a wife and buy her a nice expensive diamond (thanks De Beers) ring. Go out sign a mortgage so you can have a nice house for you and your kids. Plan for retirement put your money into your 401k, and send your kids to school was rinse repeat. I know this is cookie cutter path, and there are many ways to achieve your own version of this dream be it a master tradesman, savvy entrepreneur, or whatever.

Look at the popular board games LIFE and Monopoly. Think of LIFE as a micro version of the dream, and Monopoly as a macro version. In the game of LIFE you pick to paths college, or vocational and go through life's ups and downs achieving the American Dream. In Monopoly you're a big time investor and your game is to control the board buy monopolizing all of the business until eventually none of your opponents can afford to operate. I believe this is the other side of the American Dream. I find it ironic how they mock this process and put it in a boards games to "condition" people.

Anyhow that was a crazy rant that I just strewn together and not sure how much sense it made; if any...

I just hope the economy gets better and most able bodied people looking for honest work can find gainful employment and provide for their families.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
it's 2012

hang in there brothers and sisters...

love is the key.

take care of your family/friends/community...

it's on and poppin

lol

ALL that is not in harmony with mother Earth and Humanity shall fall

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My friend, this is exactly what they want to happen, break our spirits. You are absolutely right, a war is being waged. Any effective general knows that in order to defeat an enemy, you must first demoralize them to the point where they no longer have the will to fight. What is key is to not let this happen. What will come will come. They know they vastly outnumbered and can never defeat a strong, unified populace. So stay there on the front line, do not waver one bit, keep standing up ,show your brothers that we do have a fighting chance, and others will join.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Man I'm lovin all the love and support for you Randy. You reap what you sow, and you my friend have planted many positive seeds. You can tell by the support that others are offering you. I love it. Props to Slayer and Facelift for being so human.

Ya those two really are something else aren't they ? I'm astonished at not only them and others that i know well but some have come from out of the blue and lifted me up big time. I'll say it again LTL.

This place is tremendous.

Saw the people stand'in
A thousand years in chains
Somebody said it's different now
Look it's just the same.

Pharaoh's spin the message
round and round the truth
They could have saved
a million people.
How can I save you ?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I hear you. My husband and I are up on some hard times too. I wish I had words of strength or comfort. All I can do in my situation is be thankful that today I have enough to eat, and that my health is holding on. Take care.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Bring it on I say, I'm sick of living this stupid charade day to day just to pay the bills.

And I never have enough to pay the bills. Choosing bills between food, or food between bills. Yeah, I got this way by working my butt off.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
As long as i've got shoes on my feet,access to education,i'm better off than a large percentage of the worlds population,i have a choice to succeed where most don't..
life isn't supposed to be easy,even on my worst days..iv'e got nothing to complain about..
www.youtube.com...
We are all mothers and fathers,brothers and sisters ..children of the sun.
edit on 18-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join