It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's coming is #### !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Nothing special to add.

However, OP, if things get sticky at some point with like a phone bill or something like that, U2U me and I'll try to get a few ATS members to put a few dollars together.

There's enough of us on here, to help out all those who need help, just by donating a dollar a piece via paypal.

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm here in that regard! I was in your situation 6-8 months ago and have experienced a 180. I want the same for you.

You 2 stay strong.
peace

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I hear you man, personally I have been un-employed or under-employed for five years.
This too shall pass.
This song has helped me

Hang in it will get better eventually.
edit on 18-9-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: Video problems

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Very nice!
Jobs are hard to come by these days.

But Randy, I do appreciate your threads and this one especially hits me.
You need to outline your situation accordingly and find a better solution.
Relocate if need be! Find a job and move to a better location.
I know it's easier said than done, but it may be what is needed.
In this day and age, we must do what we have to in order to survive.

There are ways to recover from most situations, the only thing needed is a strong mind.
You can overcome any obstacle in your path, no questions asked.
Just put all worries aside and take care of you! (and those you love of course)

We are human beings.
And humans are resilient...able to bounce back from the hardest hits.

I know you and yours are especially so.
Keep your head up.
Better things will come your way.

I'm with My.mind. too...anything you need man I'll help with.
Be it a bill, late payment, etc...I can paypal anything to help.

DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK. I'm serious.
U2U me if need be.
No problem at all.

edit on 18-9-2012 by havok because:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
very thought provoking article i read last night and it really ties in with what you wrote OP.

for anyone interested it can be found here. www.zerohedge.com...

Are You Seeing What I'm Seeing?

Is it just me, or are the signs of consumer collapse as clear as a Lowes parking lot on a Saturday afternoon? Sometimes I wonder if I’m just seeing the world through my pessimistic lens, skewing my point of view. My daily commute through West Philadelphia is not very enlightening, as the squalor, filth and lack of legal commerce remain consistent from year to year. This community is sustained by taxpayer subsidized low income housing, taxpayer subsidized food stamps, welfare payments, and illegal drug dealing. The dependency attitude, lifestyles of slothfulness and total lack of commerce has remained constant for decades in West Philly. It is on the weekends, cruising around a once thriving suburbia, where you perceive the persistent deterioration and decay of our debt fixated consumer spending based society.

that is just a snippet of the beginning so give it a read because although it's sobering at least it's real and true.

The powers that be are desperately attempting to keep this unsustainable, dysfunctional debt choked scheme from disintegrating by doling out more subprime auto debt, subprime student loan debt, low down payment mortgages, and good old credit card debt. It won’t work. The consumer is tapped out. Last week’s horrific retail sales report for August confirmed this fact. Declining household income and rising costs for energy, food, clothing, tuition, taxes, health insurance, and the other things needed to survive in the real world, have broken the spirit of Middle America. The protracted implosion of our consumer society has only just begun. There are thousands of retail outlets to be closed, hundreds of thousands of jobs to be eliminated, thousands of malls to be demolished, and billions of loan losses to be incurred by the criminal Wall Street banks.

that part hit home the most for me and i can honestly say i have seen and felt the very same thing the author of this article has so well put into words and facts no one can deny, just look around and you will see the truth in your neighborhood as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
The American dream got looted by the wealthy elite.

And they don't give a damned about us guys.

Nor should they.

Not the "filthy elite" but the crony capitalists and corporatists, both Democrat and Republican are in on the take, establishing the legal groundwork for its execution. It's who the 1960's Democrats railed against when I was on their side. Then they joined the ranks and pulled the wool over it by shouting all the "social issues" as their cornerstone.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Move to Texas.

We still got jobs here.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
Move to Texas.

We still got jobs here.

You know, it's not that simple, especially not when you have a family. Picking up and resettling somewhere happens when you're well off, or lucky...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Many employers will terminate someone to protect themselves from a potential liability or any other reasons. However, the employee themselves may be entirely innocent, but may have done something wrong without really knowing it. I'll give you one example I had:

As a manager I told an employee not to go to his lunch break until the other employee had come back from lunch. Before the other employee had returned from lunch, this particular employee went to the lunch room and waited for the exact moment the other employee was about to clock back in and was getting up to leave the lunch room. The time clock was right outside the lunch room. During this time I had no coverage for customers, as both employees were now at lunch or transitioning back from lunch. Later I reviewed the camera footage and saw both employees at the lunch room together. This employee that I told not to go to lunch until the other returned, advised me he did exactly as I instructed and did not clock out for lunch until the other employee had clocked in. Technically, he did as I asked. He did not go to lunch until the other employee returned from lunch. However, I decided that my instructions were pretty straight forward and this employee directly disobeyed. I sent that employee home for a suspension lasting the remainder of the day. I had no intention to fire this person. I felt like he was just a kid pushing the boundaries of his boss and I intended to set him straight. However, the boss above me wasn't so nice and altered his suspension to an immediate termination for insubordination.

Right off this kid now has a record of being insubordinate, all because some A-hole boss had a directive from corporate to scale back payroll. My boss above me saw an opportunity to slash expenses. The problem of course, is that this kid will probably have a very hard time finding jobs in the future.

Just because one company fires you for any reason does not mean that what you have done was all that bad. Hell I was fired once because I "wasn't a good fit" and now finding a job after that is extremely hard. Even though my firing was through no fault of my own and was a business decision.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Move to Texas.

We still got jobs here.

You know, it's not that simple, especially not when you have a family. Picking up and resettling somewhere happens when you're well off, or lucky...

You simply have to find a way. Sell whatever possessions you have left. If the local economy is dead, it's just a slow death for you if you stay.

Hell, I'll loan Randy a bill or two to help him with the transition, and we don't even get along on ATS! I still know he's a good guy.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Move to Texas.

We still got jobs here.

You simply have to find a way. Sell whatever possessions you have left. If the local economy is dead, it's just a slow death for you if you stay.

Hell, I'll loan Randy a bill or two to help him with the transition, and we don't even get along on ATS! I still know he's a good guy.

When I was rock bottom in Houston, a friend loaned me enough money for gas to drive up to Baltimore where I lived with my sister for 3 months. Now my life is totally different..

People looking out for each other is what makes the difference.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

A quick google search found a job for you in arkansas.

jonesboro.craigslist.org...

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

edit on 18-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The american dream is just that... a dream...

You not having a job at the minute is a right Shi**er, guess you'll have to bite the bullet and move away from jobs in construction and get any old job you can for the time being.

When you say fight back, what do you mean? Phyical violence?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
What happened to the Amierican dream?

I am sorry your stuck in your position. I truly hate how it seems like the honest and hard working families are the first to get shafted.

I am sure everyone feels the strain from time to time, but when you work your butts off only to come home to find you are still at financial risk, makes you wonder why things are the way they are...

Why try at fix pointless situations abroad, when domestic issues are becoming ever more grave

Thanks for sharing. S+F

The American dream was sold to China so we all could get cheaper merchandise. Honestly, who could blame the corporate community for moving to where people are paid pennies on the dollar for the same work your factory workers were doing. While we were all chomping at the bit for better wages, our greed fueled their need for lower overhead. We litterally sold our jobs to the lowest bidders. The unions that helped us get the rightfully safer and fairer workplaces, are now just self serving entities that would rather shut down a plant than accept pay reductions. They are killing your once great nation and mine too.

But in the end we vote in our unions so in reality it is our own damned fault. We as a whole were just to greedy. If your old enough try to remember the days when our parents struggled for 375 dollars a month to feed a large family. Everyone worked hard and nobody really cried over a lack of a TV (I remember). We just played outside instead. Today our greed has made it a necessity to own a 52" Blueray everything and a Kindle to go with our Blackberries. Where is the day of simple pleasures we enjoyed then. This means we need more money which means we are willing to bankrupt the companies we work for to get it. How dare they want to make a profit!

We need to reflect on what we realy need to get along today. But no one I speak to is willing to give up their toys for more simple pleasure. Certainly not the spoiled children we endure then placate with new games every week. Time to say maybe we don't need to make 65 thousand a year to get by. Maybe we should all live within our means and not borrow so much that we need to be bailed out buy a bankrupt governement. Do I really need a 300thousand house whenwe know we can only aford the 100thousand dollar one 9 blocks away. Lets plant a community garden with your neibours, buy a used car, recycle as much as possible before throwing stuff away. Let's go back to the basics and rebuild a democratic, free market society where it's not about what you can get but about what we need.

But I digress. My gream of simpler times is but that. No one wants to here that they should give up anything to make it all work. (ironic isn't it)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry to hear that man! I am a single dad of three beautiful girls, the oldest is ten. I only have them half time, and though I am no angel, I would let mom be a weekend mom in a heartbeat. This would be a far better place for them to spend the majority of their time, the less mom to rub off on them the better. I am up in Canada here, am a struggling subcontractor. we just had a seven cent gas increase on a litre. thats about 30 cents on a gallon, about a five % increase in a day. milk is 4.50 a gallon and food seems to jump a bit every time i hit walmart. I wouldn't shop there if I didn't have to but I get the most bang for my buck there. Hang in there man, I feel for the working class in the states, you have definitely been done wrong by rampant corporatism. I see this happenoing in Canada sooner than later too. Hopefully there is a golden age around the corner, 2012, and there will be a global reset, and all the starving and sufferring and bloodshed will stop. Keep the peace and hold strong my brother, I will say a prayer of abundance for you and yours right now

Hang in there Randy, things will change soon. They have to.

Ken in Canada. - Save on Foods, first tuesday of the month. Thats when you NEED to buy your months worth of basic foods supply. ONLY augment with wall mart when you need milk or the off thing. SObeys has the best bread prices, get the four loaf bag for 5$

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well Unless you are the 5-10% Romney doesn't give a crap what you think is coming he is just here to make sure it does!

edit on 18-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

K I refuse to jump through the whoops down at the county welfare office.

Why not you have put more into that system than most Americans. You have worked for 50 or so years between you and your wife. I'd say you earned a good chunk of that welfare money. If it means your lively hood and well being... all the better. Stop being so egotistic and take back some of the taxes that you've been feeding the government for the last 50years!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
"For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled" Revelation 17

Randy, don't fight for the world and any of it's systems, but rather fight to bring the gospel of salvation. It's only going to get a whole lot worse in the times ahead and we must persevere to the end. Persecution hasn't really started here yet except verbally. I'm with the others, if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. It would be a pleasure. Peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
We experience struggle to make ourselves stronger. And yes, I agree that we our seeing a lot more struggle in the world during these hard times, but I also think that everything happens for a reason. For example, a few months ago I went through a really difficult time in my life. I was thinking about the situation this morning and realized if I hadn't of had those experiences, I wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you for sharing your story and keep in mind that no matter where you are, you're right where you're supposed to be. The universe works in mysterious ways.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My corp just fired 53 and 30 six months ago. then our ceo buys a vineyard....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join