It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Life among You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The Presence of God is very real and can be felt and known. Many do not know the power of faith or even what it means.

Where many people go wrong with knowing God is believing themselves to be hated by Him. Got does not hate in the sense that you may imagine. His holy hatred is like the hatred of fire for water. But remember the Fire of God can always be re lit.

Another situation many find themselves in is they judge God by those who say they follow Him. Is man not imperfect? God has infinite mercy on man because man is finite, man injures himself and those around him, even God Who watches gets injured by man and his words of disobedience, pride, and a false sense of self righteous security.

Man needs to be forgiven, not blamed.
God is Mercy, not scorn.

To get to know God's Presence and Spirit, you must empty yourself and release hatred, misconceptions, and grudges against those who hurt rather than help.

Do you not know that every time a man kneels to pray, God sees and imputes grace to him? To every repentant heart forgiveness is granted before the task of repentance. Repentance makes God friendly, don't try to make excuses for why you sin because God already knows.

Every time you sit to meditate, offer it in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, offer it with your soul and desire to go towards God in His purity, denouncing all that hinders us from holiness.

Have faith that His Presence is with you, that Jesus is with you, and that you are being looked at with love.

Now receive God's Love without expectation, without malice, impatience, or anxiousness.

Receive the Peace God is giving you, and love and thank Him for all the sufferings and love He has given you, because you could be at no holier point in time, than to be humble and loving towards God.

Peace to you all on your journey towards truth, I pray that you make your journey the one of faith in the Love that is God

Peace to you and remember that the seed of Love can only take root in peace, so receive that peace, receive the Peace of Jesus Christ

edit on 17-9-2012 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Peace to you all on your journey towards truth, I pray that you make your journey the one of faith in the Love that is God

Peace to you and remember that the seed of Love can only take root in peace, so receive that peace, receive the Peace of Jesus Christ

Give me one good reason and I'll consider it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Since you posted your sermon in the Psychology section, I'll just assume you need counselling of some sorts, backcase. Let me recommend William James' excellent book: "The varieties of religious experience"

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Faith in Love is better than skepticism and uncertainty. Know that it benefits your soul and will do you no harm. But leave egos and sentiment aside

Peace to you

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

I think it's metaphysical as well as philosophical. Thank for the suggestion but no thanks. I have an ongoing spiritual experience.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Okay, but it's a really good book, backcase. I read the bible, but William James is much more interesting. You should give it a look-see

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Receive the Peace God is giving you

I'd prefer that god receives my peace first, as mental sodomy is a human invention, so bend over Yahweh Elohim..!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Amen !

Love is more powerfull then hate
souls cant progress with hate
people have way to much anger in themself these day .. they cant relax for a bit
because they are denying Love .. they are even scare of it
Love is never scare and that is a fact
edit on 9/17/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Faith in Love is better than skepticism and uncertainty. Know that it benefits your soul and will do you no harm. But leave egos and sentiment aside

Peace to you

I understand the correlation between love and a healthy soul, but I would disagree that God is love because I have seen nothing that proves that is the case.

Belief isn't love; obedience isn't love; submission isn't love—unless of course you're into that sort of thing.

By all means, adhere to your dogmas, but I would resist the temptation to push them on others.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Great post! Im already at that level as now I fully understand how everything works on the grander scale.
"There is no real sin but the guilt of sin"

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Peace to you again, but I must say to you that my title had the word "God" in it, yet you clicked it. It seems that you may want to justify your atheism and aggression towards God on believers. I forgive you because I know what life is without God, it is miserable and disorderly. I push my beliefs on no one, and I'm sorry that my love for God and others offends you, I wish only to give myself for you that God may be loved and appreciated for all that I have been given by Him. It is simple, ignore and love me for my ignorance to what you believe to be true. But I am not wrong because I feel myself emptying of hatred and being fill by love and light.

Peace to you

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Peace, I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

~ John 14:27

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Life is Seeking, nothing more.
What Seeking seeks is the end of Seeking.
The End of Seeking is Infinite Love/Bliss
or Divine Communion.
Adi Da

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Life is Seeking, nothing more.
What Seeking seeks is the end of Seeking.
The End of Seeking is Infinite Love/Bliss
or Divine Communion.
Adi Da

That's funny!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You wrote your proposition "God's Life among you" in the philosophy section of ATS, and proceeded to assert your entire belief system minus any argument. I'm your philosophical hurdle. I'm here to show you that you haven't shown any arguments, and thus, you are wrong. "Philosophically" present your case. Do it as literarily as you please; but if you don't expect a rebuttal, I should ask why you're writing your poetry here? If you wish to discuss religion with other religious people, or don't wish to have any opposition to your assertions, do so in the appropriate forum.

Now, about me "showing aggression towards God." The idea of me showing aggression towards nothing is a ridiculous concept. You don't need to forgive me for I've done nothing wrong. Nor am I promoting atheism or any other belief system. I'm here to philosophically oppose your dogmas as you spread them. You should philosophically fight back, and prove me wrong.

Don't worry, I forgive you too.

Here's a question: why should I follow your commandments?

To get to know God's Presence and Spirit, you must empty yourself and release hatred, misconceptions, and grudges against those who hurt rather than help.

Do you not know that every time a man kneels to pray, God sees and imputes grace to him? To every repentant heart forgiveness is granted before the task of repentance. Repentance makes God friendly, don't try to make excuses for why you sin because God already knows.

Every time you sit to meditate, offer it in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, offer it with your soul and desire to go towards God in His purity, denouncing all that hinders us from holiness.

Have faith that His Presence is with you, that Jesus is with you, and that you are being looked at with love.

Now receive God's Love without expectation, without malice, impatience, or anxiousness.

Receive the Peace God is giving you, and love and thank Him for all the sufferings and love He has given you, because you could be at no holier point in time, than to be humble and loving towards God.

edit on 18-9-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

To want to argue and to want to fight is the human condition.
God cannot be proven - God can only be known.

You have read something and you have somehow percieved it as a commandment.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

There is no need to argue where there is love. And I don't see an argument as simply stating that I am wrong, what I wrote speaks for itself and I am sorry that you get offended, but I don't need to argue because I know. As for the forum selection, the mods have not moved it, they seem to find no problem with it being here. The only people that seem to care are those who want to assert themselves right. I want know argument, because I believe virtue should speak for itself.

Peace to you, o pharisee, I need no more to do with you, as no seed may take root where there is arrogance.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

To want to argue and to want to fight is the human condition.
God cannot be proven - God can only be known.

You have read something and you have somehow percieved it as a commandment.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

God cannot be known. God can only be imagined.

What I read was a man telling people how they should live.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

There is no need to argue where there is love. And I don't see an argument as simply stating that I am wrong, what I wrote speaks for itself and I am sorry that you get offended, but I don't need to argue because I know. As for the forum selection, the mods have not moved it, they seem to find no problem with it being here. The only people that seem to care are those who want to assert themselves right. I want know argument, because I believe virtue should speak for itself.

Peace to you, o pharisee, I need no more to do with you, as no seed may take root where there is arrogance.

Either way, what you wrote was not philosophy. And if one doesn't want to address one's own assertions philosophically, and he only wishes to get high-fives and pats on the back from those in agreement, then they are not capable of philosophy. What you wrote does speak for itself: it's a man telling people how they should live with absolutely no credence or authority to do so. If you can't argue for your own beliefs yet feel the need to shower them on others, I'd ask what your real motives are.

Peace to you, o follower, I wish nothing more to do with you as well, no roots may give seed where there is ignorance.

edit on 19-9-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Actually there is a "Religion, Faith, and Theology" section, backcase. I don't know why your sermon hasn't been put there, but I do know that LesMisanthrope is not wrong in giving you an argument in the Philosophy section. It's not arrogance, rather it's the whole idea of a Philosophy section

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join