It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by RealSpoke

Oh my god....how do you look at yourself in the mirror.

He was saying we are spreading the American way of life to China...you are just being an arse now.

You are really embarassing yourself...just stop.

I am trying to be fair but I do not see your point of view. To me he is supporting deplorable conditions by outsourcing to those factories.

Putting my opinion aside on that please explain what part of that audio was he describing spreading our way of life. It didn’t even sound like he disproved of their working conditions.

He said if you live in America you have it great basically and he is right I will give him that. It is thousands of times better than China.

Just explain where he was talking about spreading the American way of life.

I would like to understand your point of view.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

I gotta say Mittens didn't sound like he was talking bad about the Chinese factory. He sounded like he was praising their ability to cram low wage girls in rooms for a year in a building surrounded by barbed wire just to (supposedly) keep all the girls out who want to be crammed into a room for a year, too.

"Because people want so badly to come work in this factory that we have to keep them out. Or they will just come in here and start working and, and try and get compensated. So we, this is to keep people out. "

He was probably seeing some serious outsourcing dollar signs. Why treat an American girl like a human being when you can get a pretty little disadvantaged Chinese girl to kiss your boots for under a buck?

I don't see him going there to spread the "American Way". I see him going there to take advantage of getting away with what amounts to slave labor.
edit on 9/20/2012 by TempleCat because: Afterthought

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Romney is actually a little left of center.

That's just way too bizarre to pass as a joke, as tempting as it is to consider it as such.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Amazinhg how this thread still continues to roll.

I'm still waiting for Obama's gotcha video that the LA times has been sitting on since 2008. Back then a $50,000 reward was offered for the video and the LA times is still holding it. Must be quite damning for Obama.

The reward is now up to $100,000... certainly more damning than Romney's fact filled conservative statement

Breitbart.com Reward: $100,000 for Khalidi Tape
Joel Pollack, editor in chief of Breitbart.com, joined Sean with an exclusive story Thursday afternoon. Breitbart News is doubling its reward--to $100,000--for one of the missing pieces of Barack Obama's past, the key to understanding his Middle East policy that is now in flames: the "Khalidi tape," a video kept under wraps by the Los Angeles Times since April 2008. Only one person has seen these tapes, Peter Wallsten, a reporter, who has been frightened into silence. He will not discuss the tapes or story. Pollack explained that there has never been a tape or source completely hidden from the American people. The reason this video has never seen the light of day according to the editor-in-chief is to lead America away from the truth of Obama's true beliefs towards the American people and the people of Israel

www.hannity.com...

This seems far more important and newsworthy to me

The Khalidi tape shows Obama at a 2003 farewell party for radical Palestinian academic and activist Rashid Khalidi, and reportedly features vitriolic anti-Israel rhetoric.

Reporter Peter Wallsten--now with the Wall Street Journal--revealed the existence of the tape in an article on Obama’s pro-Palestinian background. Obama’s participation in the Khalidi event, Wallsten wrote, had led Palestinian-Americans to believe "that Obama is more receptive to their viewpoint than he is willing to say."

The article was not aimed at vetting Obama’s past; rather, the tape was likely shared with the Times as a means of pressuring Obama by reminding him of his past commitment to the Palestinian cause as he courted pro-Israel voters and donors.

Accordingly, Wallsten seems to have revealed only enough of what was on the video to achieve that aim. While noting that some speakers accused the Israeli government of terrorism and likened Jewish settlers to Osama bin Laden, Wallsten added that Obama "adopted a different tone...and called for finding common ground."

Wallsten refused to release the Khalidi tape itself, or a transcript thereof, for readers to examine and judge for themselves.

The ties between Obama and Khalidi are deep, going back to the days when Obama served on the board of the Woods Fund with former terrorist Bill Ayers, and provided funds for Khalidi’s Arab American Action Network.

The Obama and Khalidi families also developed close personal friendships, which--by Obama’s own admission--affected the way he approached the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the Middle East as a whole.

Notably, Obama's reluctance to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel could reflect Khalidi's influence.

Khalidi told Israel's Ha'aretz newspaper in 2008 that his family roots in Jerusalem date back more than 500 years, and that his uncle was the mayor of Jerusalem from 1935-7, a key period in the history of the conflict.

Obama broke his 2008 campaign promise to support Jerusalem as Israel's undivided capital. His new position was reflected in the platform fight at the 2012 Democratic National Convention over changes that were likely urged and approved by Obama before controversy erupted and he intervened to restore language supporting Israeli claims.

Given Obama’s muted response to the attacks on U.S. embassies and troops throughout the Middle East today; his refusal to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu next week; his eagerness to sacrifice Americans’ free speech rights in fruitless gestures of appeasement; and his belated but effusive support for the now-radicalized Arab Spring, it is worth examining the roots of his misguided foreign policy.

The Khalidi tape may provide the key.

It certainly could...

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This seems far more important and newsworthy to me

Seems pretty made up to me.
Since the source is known for putting out blatant lies, I feel pretty good about what it seems to me.
As for Romney's "fact filled" little rant. So you believe active duty military, the retired, and the working poor are moochers and Romney does not need to care about them?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Funny how:

a) there's no proof the reporter was in any way intimidated
b) for a tape that no one, except one guy, has seen, everyone in the right-wing seems to know what's in it... huh?
c) the reporter in question is easy enough to reach on twitter and email. Why not just ask him yourself...?

BTW., this horrible radical, not really so much a horrible radical after all:

en.wikipedia.org...

Should we bust out the long list of prominent Israelis that call for the murder of Palestinians?

It's quite interesting that the right carries water for the Israeli lobby, and that when Obama doesn't immediately invade whatever country the STATE of Israel wants, the right-wing media attacks him for being anti-Israel... .guess what, the Israeli PEOPLE are divided on Iran... yeah, they're more gung ho on bombing Iran than Americans, or pretty much anyone else, but they're not as radical as their governement.

I'm not a huge Obama fan, but I AM glad he hasn't started a war with Iran; very glad.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

I have spent the last nine months in a state hospital. (Malpractice suit waiting) 1/3 of the employees might be diligent hard workers (though after careful review I opt for 20% of them working to capacity) The rest sit on their asses and really collect welfare. Having mastered the arts of paper shoveling and clipboard running all that's left is counting down til those last 28 years of assittng passes and retirement to social security comes along.
BOOO HOOOO

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FishHerder
reply to post by longlostbrother

I have spent the last nine months in a state hospital. (Malpractice suit waiting) 1/3 of the employees might be diligent hard workers (though after careful review I opt for 20% of them working to capacity) The rest sit on their asses and really collect welfare. Having mastered the arts of paper shoveling and clipboard running all that's left is counting down til those last 28 years of assittng passes and retirement to social security comes along.
BOOO HOOOO

Shocking amount of evidence you present.

At any rate, have you ever worked in a record shop? I have. If 20% of record shop employees work to full capacity I'll eat my hat. Same for McDonalds staff. How about cable tv installation guys..?

the fact is most people work as little as possible... very few people have drive to work at full capacity all the time.

Another fact is this, if the employees of a business suck, does the business as a concept suck? OR should it just be managed better?

There's a LOT of people that have a bad experience with a business/organisation and want the whole thing to be destroyed after that... what you hear a LOT less of is people that rant and rave about competence or good experiences...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Not that Hannity and Breitbart are "news sources"... But we'll have to wait to see the "Obama tapes". So far it's in the same status as the Bigfoot. Hannity is told that Bigfoot exists, but the tape is hidden.

But, if any of that is true, it would add depth to Obama's character. If the President thinks that the US should stop bending backwards for Israel, and support any of its policies, however unjust, at any costs to American people, he has my vote.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Romney believes that half of all Americans are lazy. Now we find out that he thinks we are slaves (to him and his fellow elite) even when not at work!
www.dailykos.com...
Romney knowingly let his friend force miners to go to an event (without being paid for it) and show their support for Romney. For those anti-Obama people, what would you think if Obama made everyone at your work place attend a pro-Obama event? I’m sorry, this is pure evil! Just look at the miner’s faces in the ad! They know that their freedom and dignity has been stolen from them!
I love the Romnyesque ( like en.wikipedia.org... ) words of Romny’s friend and Chief Operating Officer Robert Moore , "Attendance was mandatory but no one was forced to attend the event."

What do you expect from a person that starts his career with a death squad’s money?
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 21-9-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
Romney believes that half of all Americans are lazy. Now we find out that he thinks we are slaves (to him and his fellow elite) even when not at work!
www.dailykos.com...
Romney knowingly let his friend force miners to go to an event (without being paid for it) and show their support for Romney. For those anti-Obama people, what would you think if Obama made everyone at your work place attend a pro-Obama event? I’m sorry, this is pure evil! Just look at the miner’s faces in the ad! They know that their freedom and dignity has been stolen from them!
I love the Romnyesque ( like en.wikipedia.org... ) words of Romny’s friend and Chief Operating Officer Robert Moore , "Attendance was mandatory but no one was forced to attend the event."

What do you expect from a person that starts his career with a death squad’s money?
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 21-9-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

If that death squads thing isn't already posted you should make a post about that... that should be on the front page of ATS... and every newspaper.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am a landlord of a large apartment complex. I see first hand what people are doing to use the system. If you are in denial, then you don't want to see the abuse. Because it is there....I would guess about 70 percent. Try to prove me wrong!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
I am a landlord of a large apartment complex. I see first hand what people are doing to use the system. If you are in denial, then you don't want to see the abuse. Because it is there....I would guess about 70 percent. Try to prove me wrong!

70% of what?

And where's your evidence?

And why not fix the system instead of throwing it away?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

70% of what?

Why is Romney wrong???? He is definitely stating a fact. And I said...I would GUESS about 70%. I'm not an idiot. I am telling you what I see. Solid abuse of the system....no if's and's or but's about it. The people are lining up to take advantage.

So, giving someone a fish instead of teaching them how to fish is a bad thing???
edit on 21-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think all Obama supporters are dependent on government or want to be. I think half of all college students can't tell you who the Vice President is. I think half of the population of the United States thinks Congress is one body. America is just plain dumbed down to the point of collapse. I think teachers unions are to blame for indoctrinating instead of educating. I think the media and Hollywood elite will flee America when it collapses and live the good life on some far away beach in the lap of luxury.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

70% of what?

Why is Romney wrong???? He is definitely stating a fact. And I said...I would GUESS about 70%. I'm not an idiot. I am telling you what I see. Solid abuse of the system....no if's and's or but's about it. The people are lining up to take advantage.

So, giving someone a fish instead of teaching them how to fish is a bad thing???

Again, 70% of what are what?

And no, he IS wrong.

It turns out that just 6.9 percent of people who are non-elderly don't pay income tax. That is a far cry from 47 percent. We are not, in fact, a nation of moochers, as Romney seems to suggest.

blog.syracuse.com...

So you're claiming Romney's beef was with retired people?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

70% of what?

How do you fix people who want to take advantage???? It's not the system....it's the people. The system should be readily available. The usurpers should not. Take responsibility already.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I think all Obama supporters are dependent on government or want to be. I think half of all college students can't tell you who the Vice President is. I think half of the population of the United States thinks Congress is one body. America is just plain dumbed down to the point of collapse. I think teachers unions are to blame for indoctrinating instead of educating. I think the media and Hollywood elite will flee America when it collapses and live the good life on some far away beach in the lap of luxury.

You think a lot of crap you have no evidence for huh?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

70% of what?

How do you fix people who want to take advantage???? It's not the system....it's the people. The system should be readily available. The usurpers should not. Take responsibility already.

You have no evidence for your beliefs.

You're just basing your beliefs on your guts, but they don't have the facts.

Only 6.9% of the 47 are non-retired people.

Read that slowly and let it sink in.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

70% of what?

Let this sink in......I H A V E S E E N I T W I T H M Y O W N E Y E S how the abuse has continued year after year, generation after generation after generation. Can I prove all of it......maybe not. But I CAN prove some of it.

Let this sink in......I H A V E S E E N I T W I T H M Y O W N E Y E S how the abuse has continued year after year, generation after generation after generation. Can I prove all of it......maybe not. But I CAN prove some of it.
And by the way, your facts are wrong. It might be 6.9% ARE retired.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

70% of what?

And by the way, your facts are wrong. It might be 6.9% ARE retired.

Riiiiight so a little anecdotal evidence and we're supposed to ignore all the actual facts and figures....

I have seen massively corrupt wealthy people... what percentage? Oh I don't know, based on what I've seen... 92%.

Can I prove it..? No. but I can prove some of it...

Stop thinking with your guts and your emotions...

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join