page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Think Ronald Reagan 2.0.

Reagan brought us the largest stock market crash in history as well as the savings and loan crisis.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

Oh, the Savings & Loan scandal was a walk in the park compared to the Housing Bubble.

Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac are a financial - Black Hole -.

----------
BTW, it looks like the stock market has recovered.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by beezzer

Hahahaha. I am glad you liked that poster.

Somewhat reflective of the conservative agenda in the middle east?

Sadly, we have no agenda.

Obama helped arabs get rid of those 40 year dictators and is more balanced in regard to the israel-palestine issue. Actually he should tell israel to become a non-secular state or forget us as your ally. All this rattle sabbering about iran has to stop quickely.

When you replace dictators with dictators, does it really make a difference?

I think the USA should be neutral in the middle east. We can't afford to alienate everyone on behalf of israel!

I think we should be allys with countries who want a relationship and ignore the rest.

"sadly we have no agenda"
Please tell me you're joking right?
Republicans have no agenda?? hahahahahahahahahahahaha.........
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......oh wait ....hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
OK, now that I've peed my pants out of pure laughter I can move on

"Sadly", you're much further down the delusional fox hole then I thought.
Saying that Republicans have no agenda is like saying Hitler had no wrong intentions.
Republicans are full of agendas.
ALL politicians are full of agenda's and only a fool would think otherwise
You may want to go back and study politics a bit more before you make that assumption.
That's what politicians do, try and get their agenda passed

Let me ask you this, do you REALLY believe that statement?
Let's strip away the ego and the pride for a second and truly ask yourself that again.
If you conclude the same answer then all hope has withered away into a fart in the wind

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It certainly has since GWB left office.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

You can thank Helicopter Ben for that.

- Lets print free money ! -

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Hahahaha. I am glad you liked that poster.

Somewhat reflective of the conservative agenda in the middle east?

Sadly, we have no agenda.

Sorry but actions speak louder than words. The republicans have a 90% pro zionist bias in the middle east even if that includes sparking world war 3. Like I said 500 times already that just because I don't support a non-secular israel does not make me a #te fanatic. I despise ALL FORMS of religious governments and I even despise religion itself. Part of what makes me center-left is hating religion!

If israel wants to start making friends in the middle east they better become secular fast. Yes hamas and the plo share lots of responsibility for the conflict but they never had the upper hand to do anything about it. Israel can do something about it. Bring down the walls, forget the two state solution, disban and arrest hamas. Jews, christians and muslims should live together in that country.

Obama helped arabs get rid of those 40 year dictators and is more balanced in regard to the israel-palestine issue. Actually he should tell israel to become a non-secular state or forget us as your ally. All this rattle sabbering about iran has to stop quickely.

When you replace dictators with dictators, does it really make a difference?

The muslim brotherhood are no fanatics. Sunnis are usually much more tolerant than shiites. Besides it appears most people WANT them in power, which is the true definition of democracy. If the majority want to become another iran well then it is their perogative as well.

I find it amazing that russia and china do not like to interfere with middle eastern politics as long as they sell weapons and technology to them, while usa likes to interfere every chance it can.

I think the USA should be neutral in the middle east. We can't afford to alienate everyone on behalf of israel!

I think we should be allys with countries who want a relationship and ignore the rest.

Well unfortunately we do not have many friends in that region other than israel, saudi arabia and uae.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

And how did the stock market recover under Reagan? Massive deficit spending....even more deficit spending under GHWB. It was not until Clinton became president that we dug ourselves out of that mess.

Let us not forget the savings & loan bailout at the expense of the taxpayer.

Bailouts & deficit spending....when Obama does it...American villain...when Reagen does it....American hero.
edit on 19-9-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

And how did the stock market recover under Reagan? Massive deficit spending....even more deficit spending under GHWB. It was not until Clinton became president that we dug ourselves out of that mess.

Let us not forget the savings & loan bailout at the expense of the taxpayer.

Bailouts & deficit spending....when Obama does it...bad...when Reagen does it....hero.
edit on 19-9-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

Well, lets not rewrite history.

The Dot.com bubble made the stock market / economy soar.

BTW, Al Gore did not invent the World Wide Web.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

The problem is the cost of living severly outpaces the rise in minimum wage jobs and people NEED welfare even if they have no disabilities. I am not talking about inflation, I am talking about expensive insurance policies, expensive gasoline, high interest mortgages, expensive rent, expensive supermarkets, etc.

Well minimum wage should pace "normal" inflation...ask Obama why the cost of living has doubled in four years...and that is far from normal.

You are getting to the heart of the problem...what do you do when the cost of living doubles or triples again in the next four years under Obama...it will, trust me...He even said he wants to see gas at 10 dollar a gallon to change America's way of thinking.

Is the fix to raise minimum wage to 30 dollars per hour?

Is the blame still on Bush?

All this is the part I just do not get from many of you....Obama has failed to fix anything with the economy... failed... it's his watch that is almost over, he is carrying the ball, and look at America today, look at the world today and how they are reacting to us....look at inflation and the deficit... look at the 23 million and what is actually 14% and not 8% due to they have dropped. Look at the crappy jobs that are created...

One just needs to look...

Short of writing a book for people like you, just admit capitalism does not work, at least not the free market anything goes GLOBAL version. People used to protest the WTO summit all the time and they were labeled as tree hugging left wing anarchists, dope dealers, losers, etc. The same people who tried to stop the vietnam war while the government was trying to stop the spread of communism.

A right wing government is quite incompatible with a left wing government!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by PvtHudson

80+% of non-retired people pay income tax.
96% of people between 45-55 pay income tax.
The vast majority of people that don't pay tax are retired people.

Is it now the policy of the right to go after retired people?

I know the right loves to bash the poor, but am surprised at their great desire to bash retired people.

Not getting the black vote, or the Hispanic vote or the youth vote or the female vote isn't enough? They're now trying to lose the votes of older white people?

They SHOULDN'T get the vote of all those mentioned people. But I sure as hell AM SUPRISED they keep getting 40%++ each time. They are great liars for one and hypocrisy is in their blood it appears. They are completly out of touch with nature and reality....even worse than the diehard communists who after seeing russia and china fail they still want communism. Hardcore capitalists are the same thing; it is like a trait you are born with it seems.

Anyway people are pissed at Obama cause his words are left wing and his actions are right wing. He keeps saying one thing and does the opposite; much like the NDAA indefinite jailing of americans. This why people sway back and forth between the two parties. It is the definition of insanity to keep doing the same thing while hoping for a different result.

Try voting for a left wing "small party". They are small ONLY because the media portrays them as such and because they IGNORE THEM every election period. In some/many states they can't qualify to be on the ballots because of the unreasonable financial and legal obligations forced on them by the right wing status quo. The right wing agenda of evil keeps perpetuating itself in one form or the other; democrats and republicans, always fighting against each other FOR THE SAME THINGS!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by longlostbrother

The current system must go.

It's an absolute mess.

Nobody can understand it.

It may be confusing, but that doesn't mean the answer is shifting more of the burden onto the poor and middle classes...

Actually, yes, that is part of the answer. If everybody has skin in the game, even if it is a very small part, they are more likely to vote in a fiscal responsible manner. As it stands now, many people vote to get things paid for by "the other guy" or "the evil rich (rich being anyone who has more than them)" and this is in part the cause of our fiscal mess.

"The beginning of the end of a democracy is when the people discover they can vote themselves funds from the public pot."

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Someone's neglected your education, m'boy.

Oh, wait, teabaggers don't believe in edumacayshion. No wonder you don't know anything.

My bad.

I hope that the mods keep this post up. When the leftists resort to mindless insults, it obviously means that we are winning. Since you can't debate and discuss the issues without vomiting purile posts like this, I can imagine that you are a perfect example of someone who wishes that government does the thinking for you.

Good luck with that.

I'm glad the debate is front and center.

- Stop with the entitlement mentality. -

- The USA is starting to look like Greece. -

47 million Americans on Food Stamps is a disgrace. We deserve better than that.

Wrong. The economy does not have to keep growing infinitely, so that people work more and make less each year. This is pure insanity. The rule of capitalism is to sustain and grow profits at all costs. When they done milking asia they will probably go to africa, then the moon.

Go after the real rich. Go after there hidden bank accounts in offshore tax havens. Stop the money laundering rackets. This will never happen because the people at the top are the ones that put all the professional loopholes in place to save their sorry parastic ass. All you have to do is open up some trust fund, buy bonds or at worst open a shell company; taxable income goes down so the higher percentage they are supposed to pay means less and less. 39% on 5 million is definitely less than 39% on 20 million. The bulk of the taxes are paid by middle income earners.

And yes everyone is entitled what they put in. If the government takes the money and puts in the general fund, and then uses the general fund to finance the war effort in the middle east, then the government is the one ripping off the citizens. BTW if you make a certain amount after retirement, you should be disqualified from social security and medicare/medicaid. Save it for those that need it!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

reply to post by longlostbrother

The current system must go.

It's an absolute mess.

Nobody can understand it.

It may be confusing, but that doesn't mean the answer is shifting more of the burden onto the poor and middle classes...

Actually, yes, that is part of the answer. If everybody has skin in the game, even if it is a very small part, they are more likely to vote in a fiscal responsible manner. As it stands now, many people vote to get things paid for by "the other guy" or "the evil rich (rich being anyone who has more than them)" and this is in part the cause of our fiscal mess.

Ah, but you are wrong. Even if the tax rate were flat at whatever percent, my rich neighbor (let's assume I'm poor, which I'm not) would still pay more in absolute terms, so I would be better off when using social services at all levels. Hell, where I pay $20 for road repair, he would still pay $150.

So it depends how much skin you have in the game. Conversely, those on the top of the food pyramid may or may not have ANY interest in social services whatsoever, independent of what they pay. Romney paid less % tax than me anyhow.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Short of writing a book for people like you, just admit capitalism does not work, at least not the free market anything goes GLOBAL version. People used to protest the WTO summit all the time and they were labeled as tree hugging left wing anarchists, dope dealers, losers, etc. The same people who tried to stop the vietnam war while the government was trying to stop the spread of communism.

Well capitalism has worked very good for me...not sure what you are talking about....Romney is actually a little left of center, so once again what are you talking about with right wing government.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Wish people would stop comparing cronyism with capitalism.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Both romney and obama suck. The only difference is, if Obama wins, next election we will have a larger selection, and the issues wont consist of "Im not Obama/Im not Romney."

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well capitalism has worked very good for me...not sure what you are talking about....Romney is actually a little left of center, so once again what are you talking about with right wing government.

Hell no. The republicans are the farthest right you can possibly go from center. You have to be kidding to make a statement like that. The people who support ron paul on the other hand are center-right libertarians. They are fiscal conservatives and socially liberals.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Wish people would stop comparing cronyism with capitalism.

Cronyism will develop in any eco-political system when the media and people fall asleep.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Fox News Greg Gutfeld says Mitt Romney is running against Santa Claus.

Give them candy to get their vote.

Womb to the tomb groceries - The Food Stamp President - Obama

Foxnews would twist/pervert the truth like that. It's what they're good at. These days that have less credability than even WND & other tabloids.

I want to make it clear: We are not voting for money!!!

WE ARE VOTING FOR A PRESIDENT WHO GIVES A SH1T ABOUT THE SMALL GUY!!!!!!

Only the cynical self-righteous folks, who see the poor and struggling as lazy moochers, are the ones who are blind enough to think we're voting for money.

Being poor is hard work. It far more difficult than being rich. IF this were not true no one would have any need to aspire to riches.

No one wants to be poor. No one wants to forever scrape by on the bare minimum. People simply want to survive. They want to feed their families and make it just another day.

Working full time, attending school full time and taking care of a family of 4 simultaneously is very hard work indeed. There are many in my shoes. If we wanted to scrape by on the minimal handouts from the government then what need would we have for school? There are some who have to work 2 jobs that don’t have the time or resources to attend school. What of those people? Will they ever escape their rut?

Isn’t it sad we live in a society where someone can work 2 jobs and still be poor enough to qualify for social benefits? Any they are still called lazy moochers b/c they don't have any discernable outward reflections of success – as it is defined in our society.

And the people who have no qualifications. Think about the 50 year old guy who labored @ a factory for 30 years. He’s now laid off and has no skills in a society where a bachelor’s degree is the bare minimum. And he’s relying on “entitlements” to survive. Who’s going to hire him? Is he a lazy mooch? Sure he could go to school you say. But what if he does get a bachelors degree at such an old age?. He’s going to be entering the job market competing against young kids with the same base knowledge. It’s going to be harder for him to find a job and now he has 50K in debt from student loans.

Romney is a guy that promises to fix the problem by giving us jobs. Yet so far he has only shown us a roadmap to cut social benefits in the name of "fixing the deficit" while simotaneously beefing up the biggest military budget in the universe.

**If Romney truly thought he was going to fix our plight by giving us jobs, then he would have no need to cut social benefits for we would no longer need them b/c we'd have good jobs. **

So he plans to cut our lifelines and THEN give us jobs? If Romney is such a smart/moral God fearing guy wouldnt he solve the problem in the least draconic way possible? He give us good jobs then we would not need the "survival benefits" and his deficit problems are fixed? Or he is out of touch with poor people, see's them as a cancer on society as is apparent in his own words, plans to do nothing for 47% of the nation, etc etc. So who is he planning to give jobs to? the ones who already have jobs?

The truth is he's not planning to give anyone jobs. He's going to do whatever is in the best interest of people like him.
edit on 19-9-2012 by MuonSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuonSpin

Fox News Greg Gutfeld says Mitt Romney is running against Santa Claus.

Give them candy to get their vote.

Womb to the tomb groceries - The Food Stamp President - Obama

**If Romney truly thought he was going to fix our plight by giving us jobs, then he would have no need to cut social benefits... **

this should be the Obama campaign slogan...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Romney is actually a little left of center...

huh?
Did I read that right?
To early in the morning for me...

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join