It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Well they do pay something and many times a lot of something...you need to check why they didn't pay? How did they beat the system? What other monies did they payout... and so on. You are suggesting they did wrong and you will find that they didn't, but you might also find that they still paid out a ton of cash, just not in federal taxes.

I do love how you bold red BIG numbers 7000, but the other 10s of MILLIONS don't count. 7000 out of what 200 million people that should be paying taxes, AND if some guy decides to dump 300k into charities and not pay federal taxes he is still do rather good things with his monies, but other 10s of millions are just soaking off the system.

I didn't bold any of that...I didn't make the graphic...I just posted it.

I know why they didn't pay. I've done my homework. Nor am I suggesting they did anything wrong or illegal.

Don't get so defensive. I'm just sharing some information as well as my personal opinion on that information....which is, in regard to the current topic being discussed in this thread, that the data strongly suggests that

the ratio of compassion:hypocrisy is inversely proportional to the ratio of income:federal income tax paid

in the general American population across all socioeconomic levels without factoring in political party preference.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hahahaha. I am glad you liked that poster.

Somewhat reflective of the conservative agenda in the middle east?

Obama helped arabs get rid of those 40 year dictators and is more balanced in regard to the israel-palestine issue. Actually he should tell israel to become a secular state or forget us as your ally. All this rattle sabbering about iran has to stop quickely.

I think the USA should be neutral in the middle east. We can't afford to alienate everyone on behalf of israel!
edit on 18/9/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Don't get so defensive. I'm just sharing some information as well as my personal opinion on that information....which is, in regard to the current topic being discussed in this thread, that the data strongly suggests that

the ratio of compassion:hypocrisy is inversely proportional to the ratio of income:federal income tax paid

in the general American population across all socioeconomic levels without factoring in political party preference.

It is funny that class warfare was really not a topic that long ago. I must tip my hat to Obama to be so successful at this concept.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

It is funny that class warfare was really not a topic that long ago. I must tip my hat to Obama to be so successful at this concept.

What is funny , is Romney writing off 47% of the US Pop, who are Poor, and you blaming Obama for class Warfare.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by beezzer

Hahahaha. I am glad you liked that poster.

Somewhat reflective of the conservative agenda in the middle east?

Sadly, we have no agenda.

Obama helped arabs get rid of those 40 year dictators and is more balanced in regard to the israel-palestine issue. Actually he should tell israel to become a non-secular state or forget us as your ally. All this rattle sabbering about iran has to stop quickely.

When you replace dictators with dictators, does it really make a difference?

I think the USA should be neutral in the middle east. We can't afford to alienate everyone on behalf of israel!

I think we should be allys with countries who want a relationship and ignore the rest.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Which reminds me...I watched the rest of that Mother Jones leaked video...pretty boring, actually.

But Romney did make some definite comments on the issue of peace between Israel and Palestine...basically saying that it can't be done and that he does not support any sort of compromise aka two state system or whatever...simply because he doesn't see how giving the Palestinians their own unobstructed domain bordering Israel (rather than holed up behind the fence) would work since the Palestinians would let Iran come and park on the border with Israel...and that they couldn't even have an airport because they couldn't let them have their own air space for the same reason.

And he also made a statement to the effect that Palestinians also are of the same mythological genocidal mindset as Iran's President and want to annihilate the whole Jewish race. Something like that.

Mother Jones is going to put out a transcript as soon as they get it ready, according to the site.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Mitt Romney Right: Dependency Subverts Democracy

news.investors.com... d&utm_campaign=Feed:%20EditorialRss%20(Editorial%20RSS)&utm_content=FaceBook

The Republican challenger speaks an uncomfortable truth — that it's hard enough to beat an incumbent president without almost half the electorate feeling dependent on him for some kind of government benefit.

Let me ask you a personal question or two.

Do you agree with him?
Would you be willing to tell the men and women overseas dying for us right now that they do not count?
How about your grandparents and retired parents?

47% includes a lot of republicans who worked long hard lives and/or fought for this country.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

The problem is the cost of living severly outpaces the rise in minimum wage jobs and people NEED welfare even if they have no disabilities. I am not talking about inflation, I am talking about expensive insurance policies, expensive gasoline, high interest mortgages, expensive rent, expensive supermarkets, etc.

Well minimum wage should pace "normal" inflation...ask Obama why the cost of living has doubled in four years...and that is far from normal.

You are getting to the heart of the problem...what do you do when the cost of living doubles or triples again in the next four years under Obama...it will, trust me...He even said he wants to see gas at 10 dollar a gallon to change America's way of thinking.

Is the fix to raise minimum wage to 30 dollars per hour?

Is the blame still on Bush?

All this is the part I just do not get from many of you....Obama has failed to fix anything with the economy... failed... it's his watch that is almost over, he is carrying the ball, and look at America today, look at the world today and how they are reacting to us....look at inflation and the deficit... look at the 23 million and what is actually 14% and not 8% due to they have dropped. Look at the crappy jobs that are created...

One just needs to look...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

It has always been a topic in human society.
Literature is just one place it has been discussed for centuries...such as the folklore/legend of Robin Hood, the Les Misérables novels, Charles Dicken's novels, To Kill a Mockingbird...just to name a scant few examples.

Going by a new name, maybe...*class warfare*...but not a new idea at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Its obvious all you put down in your post were talking points and points that even the Dems have given up on because there BS. What Romney said was straight up true and if there is anything a progressive liberal hates to hear its the truth.
The only people that took offense to this FACT are the people voting for Obama anyway. and there vote has been baught and payed for.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Let me ask you a personal question or two.

Do you agree with him?
Would you be willing to tell the men and women overseas dying for us right now that they do not count?

How about your grandparents and retired parents?

47% includes a lot of republicans who worked long hard lives and/or fought for this country.

Ya I agree he screwed up the percentage...ok so we know that. We also know it will be spun 360 directions to next Sunday.

His was fundamentally correct in that Obama is creating a Nanny state and so people will vote for him just on the idea they will get entitlements from it, AND Romney knows those are lost to him, and there is nothing he can do to win those votes because he is not offering a Nanny state too.

BTW do you really think in his spur of the moment statement he truly wanted to include the military and those who have retired from a long working career? Or is that your example of some spin too?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
What is funny , is Romney writing off 47% of the US Pop, who are Poor, and you blaming Obama for class Warfare.

Well we know he screwed up the numbers and that even millionaires are in that 47%. We also know that Obama is dangling a carrot to all who want entitlements. Ronmey is writing off those people and is correct to do so...now whether it is 40% 35% etc it is a large chunk of voters who just want something from the Government and that something will buy their vote, AND Obama has been rather painfully clear that is what he wants to do.

Now smart people know that is not sustainable and he will not do it, but hey he will get the vote....lol

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

BTW do you really think in his spur of the moment statement he truly wanted to include the military and those who have retired from a long working career? Or is that your example of some spin too?

So now your trying to say, that he didnt say , what he said.

Funny thing bout that, in his feeble attempt to deflect, he didnt mention Military or Retirees.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Spur of the moment statement? It's a republican talking point, I guess you never watch Fox news.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

It has always been a topic in human society.
Literature is just one place it has been discussed for centuries...such as the folklore/legend of Robin Hood, the Les Misérables novels, Charles Dicken's novels, To Kill a Mockingbird...just to name a scant few examples.

Going by a new name, maybe...*class warfare*...but not a new idea at all.

Well I understand that but it has not been a topic in America until Obama labeled the rich as evil, and suggests everyone deserves Government entitlements. Even look at the 99%ers they feel they are entitled a high paying job because they finished some crappy degree and have student loans. The key word here in "entitled".... That is Obama's doing...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Spur of the moment statement? It's a republican talking point, I guess you never watch Fox news.

Well I guess not as much as you do...

He was speaking off the cuff and he grabbed the wrong percentage...though it is a correct percentage for those who do not pay federal income tax, but the wrong one for his statement.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

That's great stuff, I was actually looking for this type of data and didn't find anything as good as those graphs.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Funny thing bout that, in his feeble attempt to deflect, he didnt mention Military or Retirees.

Well the military pay taxes...I did for 28 years.... I had a couple of years were I spent enough time in Iraq and Afghanistan and I didn't pay... and so do many retiree's or did pay the taxes up front on their retirements.

My question was DO YOU think he really wanted to include everyone that would have been a part of the 47% or DO YOU think he grab the wrong percentage out of his head for the statement he was trying to make.

Since the 47% doesn't even make sense for his statement I would think he grabbed the wrong one....or maybe he is suggesting that a million Americans who make over 200k that didn't also pay taxes want entitlements from Obama too.....lol

Obama and Romney talk like 50 times a day and they both get things mixed up...don't worry though Obama will say something without his teleprompter and we can talk about that next...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

It couldn't be that the banks robbed the nation of trillions of dollars could it???

It couldn't be that it is more profitable to be a corporate raider than a doctor
teacher or other real profession?

Nah...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wow, like this is a big secret? Give me one other reason people support liberals? I've said for years that liberal candidates attract those who want hand-outs and rely on government far more than the typical conservative. Case in point; the "Dreamers". They all loved Obama for his unconstitutional, Executive Ordered Dream Act and now they're *hitting themselves because it was just announced that they wouldn't be entitled to free healthcare under ObamaCare. It's no secret that those who seek the most hand-outs typically vote democrat.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join