It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by RealSpoke

Maybe people don't want to vote for you because your campaign is weak, you're creepy, you're at a disconnect with 99% of the country, and you're boring. Ever think about that? Just admit that you're unlikable...don't blame it on people "dependent" on the government. Maybe you helped those people come dependent, you outsourced their jobs did you not?

Trust me im not a Romney supporter, but I have to come to bat here........youre not being intellectually fair here...

He didnt outsource these jobs, he wasnt there for half of it because he wasnt with the company, and the other part was dicated by a PANEL of people, he was not a soul decision maker, thats how companies work....

he didnt walk in and say "lets outsource these jobs" and with a mighty wand do it, in fact it wasnt even something HE himself put into motion.......

Stop spewing more talking points, do research.....

2. Why is he creepy? Thats what you have? hes creepy? thats pretty weak........did you mean to say "hes mormon"

I often see you veil things in your posts like this........

3. Hes right, a very very very large portion of Obamas voting block does come from people who are gov dependent.........its been proven in his poling numbers and his turn outs......

it doesnt go for EVERYONE, but illegal immigrants, people who receive gov assistance, and people who are heavily gov invested in those areas ARE a part of his huge voting block......

Just because you dont like someone saying it, doesnt mean its not true.....

Please do some research......

That being said.........im still voting Ron Paul

It seems to me friend that you are the one who needs to do some research.

Firstly, illegal immigrants cannot vote. Nice try though.

Secondly the reddest states are the poorest states. Poor states have the highest population of people receiving assistance. So that would seem to nullify the notion that it is people on the government teat who voted for Obama, or the Dems in general.

You say you are not a Romney supporter. I find that statement highly suspect since your post seems taken word for word from the GOP playbook.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Mormons are not creepy? You have to have something wrong with you to feel comfortable around mormons. I would say the are about as creepy as you can get, supporting pedophilia and complete control over community members.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You nailed it Xtrozero. Obama's done nothing for me either. I work for a living and don't expect a handout.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by theconspirator

It is a fact that 47% of people in the US pay no income tax and I am sure a majority of them think Obama will keep it that way.

Like my grandparents?
Yep, SS recipients, Military bennies, all those freeloaders!

Shhh...you're going to ruin the newest "dupe the gullible Republucans talking point!" they've got a lot of these people (some of whom even graduated high school, believe it or not), believing that 47% is entirely made of people who choose to live off of welfare instead of working for a living. They don't want to think and research for themselves to find out the truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Its the White House.....see ya Obama.
edit on 18-9-2012 by lithographyman because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2012 by lithographyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lithographyman
Its called the "White House"....enough said...see ya Obama.

Are you kidding?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

For the record you do not pay my healthcare

Yeah I am really confused by the Republican/TEA party mindset on display here. The people that were trying to scare people with lies about death panels are not claiming that old people need to just die and go away. I see a lot of hate for Medicare, Medicaid, and SS in this thread. So when Republicans get too old to work, what exactly do they do?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

And I just got home from work, I worked 12 hours today and pay my fair share of taxes. Never been on Food stamps before in my life.

I guess I'm never taking responsibility for my life

So let me ask you a question....

What has Obama done that you can say has helped you these last four years? What do you think he might do that would be in your favor in the next four years.

I personally can't think of nothing...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atom12
reply to post by Xtrozero

You nailed it Xtrozero. Obama's done nothing for me either. I work for a living and don't expect a handout.

I work for a living as well but it is a lot easier now that there are actual jobs and still not paying as much for gas as I did before Obama took office. I am curious, what is he supposed to do for you? What is Mittens going to do for you?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
So let me ask you a question....

What has Obama done that you can say has helped you these last four years?

I personally can't think of nothing...
He took the Power away from the Neo-Cons.

After 8 years of Bush, this country would be a Fall Out Zone with a furthur 4 more with the GOP.

I answered yours, now answer mine please.

Why did Bush and Cheney not appear at the GOP Convention?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Here's some information you might find either handy, shocking, or both, courtesy of MoJo:

I think that since there are some of the top-most 'income earners' paying not one bit more than NOTHING, it wouldn't hurt (not for very long, that is) them to pitch in just a tad....'to take one for the team,' as they say.

For anyone who objects to 'info-graphics' and/or prefers to read documents...the source data for this chart is available at the irs.gov website in a 56 page pdf file.
edit on 9/18/2012 by queenannie38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

The federal limit you can stay on welfare is 5 years in your LIFETIME. Most states have a limit of 2-3 years that override the federal rule. So they don't have a choice to stay on.

No seeing as almost all assistance programs have time limits. And almost all poor people grow up wanting to be rich... Most people don't go "OH I want to be on foodstamps because my mom was on them". But sure it's possible.

Everyone grows up wanting to be rich, but many find other paths easier and get into a rut. They make just enough to live at a minimum level, but it becomes comfortable with not needing to put any effort to sustain that living.

Obama does dangle a carrot in front of the poor...doesn't mean he will help them though.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Mitt Romney Right: Dependency Subverts Democracy

news.investors.com... d&utm_campaign=Feed:%20EditorialRss%20(Editorial%20RSS)&utm_content=FaceBook

The Republican challenger speaks an uncomfortable truth — that it's hard enough to beat an incumbent president without almost half the electorate feeling dependent on him for some kind of government benefit.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by wantsome
Republicans have such content for people on entitlement programs. When you get power and I say when because it's only a matter of time cut them off. You better cling to your bibles and guns because when you end up with a nation of starving people they will cut your throats and eat your dogs.
edit on 18-9-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

Well, you had better get ready, because like it or not, those entitlements are unsustainable.....and go ahead and tax the rich all you want, there isn't enough money (and the states is broke already)

They are entitlements......people paid into them......there should be PLENTY of money to pay for today's retirees because more people are working today than the people retiring. Do you not believe the population expands somewhat over the years?

Tax the rich? What is rich; $300,000 or $3 million? Maybe we should tax the chineese since romney and his stupid ilk think it is ok to outsource jobs. Mitt won't release his tax forms much like obama can't release an honest birth certificate.

Problem is ss funds merged into the general fund and are used to fund the wars in the middle east.

Yeah obama sucks giving 3-5 trillion in quantative easing(bailouts). The companies took the money and ran for india.

They are all corporate sellouts. Right wingers both parties.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rodimuprime

But Bush was better than Obama. I use to eat out under Bush, with Obama I am stuck with instand noodles

But that was only 7 or 8 years into 2 wars that have been financed totally through borrowed funds...add three more years of more borrowing, zero payback on principal, and compound daily interest on the payback...and voilà!...you're eating ramen every night.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

I think that since there are some of the top-most 'income earners' paying not one bit more than NOTHING, it wouldn't hurt (not for very long, that is) them to pitch in just a tad....'to take one for the team,' as they say.

Well they do pay something and many times a lot of something...you need to check why they didn't pay? How did they beat the system? What other monies did they payout... and so on. You are suggesting they did wrong and you will find that they didn't, but you might also find that they still paid out a ton of cash, just not in federal taxes.

I do love how you bold red BIG numbers 7000, but the other 10s of MILLIONS don't count. 7000 out of what 200 million people that should be paying taxes, AND if some guy decides to dump 300k into charities and not pay federal taxes he is still do rather good things with his monies, but other 10s of millions are just soaking off the system.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Just had to re-post that.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by RealSpoke

The federal limit you can stay on welfare is 5 years in your LIFETIME. Most states have a limit of 2-3 years that override the federal rule. So they don't have a choice to stay on.

No seeing as almost all assistance programs have time limits. And almost all poor people grow up wanting to be rich... Most people don't go "OH I want to be on foodstamps because my mom was on them". But sure it's possible.

Everyone grows up wanting to be rich, but many find other paths easier and get into a rut. They make just enough to live at a minimum level, but it becomes comfortable with not needing to put any effort to sustain that living.

Obama does dangle a carrot in front of the poor...doesn't mean he will help them though.

The problem is the cost of living severly outpaces the rise in minimum wage jobs and people NEED welfare even if they have no disabilities. I am not talking about inflation, I am talking about expensive insurance policies, expensive gasoline, high interest mortgages, expensive rent, expensive supermarkets, etc.

Not everyone can be a high earning professional and trade school is becoming worthless in this global marketplace of continous outsourcing. That means menial jobs that pay a sub-par existance! The typical conservative says "I don't care its not my problem." which is indeed selfishness and short-sightedness.

The economy tanks and they blame the liberals. That is the only thing they are good at...the blame game!
edit on 18/9/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Since this thread has sunk to stereo-types and hyperbole, that's me on the left.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
He took the Power away from the Neo-Cons.

lol and so you think so...I don't see him taking power from anyone other than to boost his own...and not in a good way.

Obama has no answer to 16 trillion that he has added 1/3 of that to it in under four years... 1 trillion in cash alone he wasted and not stimulating a thing wasted trillions more...NO ANSWER HERE!! thast is a big point to all this.

Living expensive have DOUBLED in cost..gas food you name it, but the only "jobs" are underpay jobs, and he still does not have an answer to any of this.

I lived pretty good under Bush and though you can blame some of this on him, but holy crap 5 to 6 trillion? I think not...

Why did Bush and Cheney not appear at the GOP Convention?

Bush and Romney are not on the same page, I don't think Bush actually wanted to support Romney before or now.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join