It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by LastProphet527

A multitude of programs... Its all federal spending, but at the end of the day, Obama has the power to push changes or let the spending to continue... To tally up everything he spent the money on in 4 years of office would be exhausting, and I honestly dont have the time to do that right now... But you are free to run your own google searches...

20% is military. Republicans aren't going to touch that, ever.
20% is social security. I don't know about you, but pensions are an important thing that nearly every civilization since the egyptians has had. Want to starve when you turn 65? Want to work until the day you die just to survive?
23% is medicaid. "While children comprise nearly half of all Medicaid recipients, only 20 percent of the costs are attributed to them. By contrast, people with disabilities and the elderly account for about 18 percent of the enrollees but comprise almost 66 percent of the cost." source
Cut this you're cutting aid to children, or the elderly, depending on how you look at it.
6% is interest.
and 13% is other mandatory spending, like schools and stuff.

18% is discretionary spending. 18% of the budget that has any possibility of being cut. Unless you want to cut aid to children, disabled people and the elderly? Yeah, let's screw over the people who can't help themselves. That'll make America a better place to live in.

But raising taxes on the corporations who pay 8% of the taxes is out of the question?

source

Don't let the facts hit you on the way out.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here is something to think about this Romney video has been available sense May. Now when we have had what looks like a planned terrorist attack on a US Consulate in Libya. 4 Americans killed including the US Ambassador ON 9-11 FBI sent to an Americans home for practicing his First Amendment rights and now more evidence we have had some advance warning The timing of the release of this video of Romney is Interesting Coincidence.
edit on 18-9-2012 by knightrider078 because: Just posted to soon.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

You're right, so we should just keep everything the way it is, because it seems to be working so well... What part of stop spending money you don't have don't you understand? What I stated earlier was Romney cant be any worse than Obama. Obama already proved that he is the worst to when it comes to federal spending... How many times has he raised the debt ceiling??

And with your whole pension shpeel, I'm not concerned about the Govt. taking care of me when I retire. When that day comes and I do retire i will have the necessary money saved so I can live a life without any concerns or worries (I started saving for retirement at a very young age and ive continued)... I'm also not expecting to collect Social Security, knowing that it will be dried up by 2040... I don't need ANY help from the Govt. I can do everything on my own. I don't need or expect handouts like so many people today do...

edit on 18-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Darkrunner

The more you get tangled up with the government, the more control they have over you. I don't want sh#t from the government. If I ever found myself out of work for an extended period of time, I would rely on family before I went with my hand out to the government.

You are already "entangled" with the government the second you get your paycheck and 40% of your income is gone because you PAY TAXES. You are entangled with the government because each and any time you buy something, you pay tax as well.

From that point of view, you would have ANY RIGHT to want sh#t from the government, since you pay to them from the second you are born.

HOWEVER - you only come out of the woodworks and start complaining when "your money" is going to people who might really need it, unemployed, medicare, disabled, vets....but don't give a # if your tax money is otherwise going to trillions of spending for military? Why is that?

Furthermore, i think that the often stated opinion by reps that those "47% percent" are all lazy freeloaders is appalling, it just shows how out-of-touch you guys are with reality. For someone who has no work, no money, no insurance etc. a foot stamp might be the last straw to even fricking SURVIVE. It's nothing but Rep-simpleton thinking to say about all those 47% it's their own fault and they just "need to work harder". Ridiculous out-of-touch, like your Romney crook.

Yes, I pay taxes. That's about all the involvement with the government that I want.

I think my original point was the Democrats loving to keep people reliant on them, because they know the longer they are, the longer they can rely on their vote. Keep those checks going out, and keep those votes coming in.

The Democrats nor Republicans give a # about the people. I know the Dems put on a good show and wring their hands, and say "We're here for you!". Trust me, if there were no votes on the line from that particular voting block, they couldn't give a f#ck less.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I don't need ANY help from the Govt. I can do everything on my own. I don't need or expect handouts like so many people today do...

But there are ALOT of people who DO need help from the Government, and it's not because they're lazy. The majority goes to people who are children, disabled, or elderly. People who can't help themselves. You could break your back tomorrow, and guess what....you'd need help from them.

I'm not saying nothing should be done....I think people need to start talking about what can be done, not blaming Obama for everything. He's actually proposed some cuts to medicare, military, as well as raising taxes on the super rich. A BALANCED approach.
It's the republicans who won't touch military spending, want to lower taxes for the super rich even more, and completely gut programs that assist those who need it.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by imjustcurious242

U guys (majority) keep accusing Obama of secretly helping banks, big government, agent of banking cabal etc etc
and somehow and this is really amazing u guys (again ...majority) keep justifying Romney's actions, even though he is ur conspiracy theory type of banker/1%/super rich/unlimited super pac cash cobbler/........ PERSONIFIED.

We already know that both options are lousy, thanks! Now it's just a matter of making an argument for who we think will be the LEAST lousy over the next four years. LOL!

Do u seriously believe that America can prosper without those 47 % so called moochers and what is more unbelievable is these guys do not contribute anything to America!!.Here is a clip from dailyshow (u can watch it just for the laughs):

www.thedailyshow.com...

"The government could raise $700 billion by either taking half of everything earned by the bottom 50% or by raising the marginal tax rate on the top two percent"

I checked on this and it adds up.(Please do inform if is wrong!!)

What doesn't add up is that this $700 billion is over a period of 10 years. As it's been said before, we can take away the ENTIRE income of anyone making over $1 million per year and we'd still be in the hole $300 - $500 Billion dollars EACH YEAR.

This is why we need for the one most likely to cut spending and not increase it to take office.

There is no short term dig out of this hole by raising taxes, period.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Lots of people today are not responsible. Example, they are having children while on welfare
Even when they cant afford to pay for that baby, should the responsibility then fall on the citizens who are paying taxes to take care of this kid because the mother and father weren't responsible??? Too often today we have people taking advantage of these entitlement programs and as a citizen who pays all his taxes and does all the right things, it pisses me off... I know it may sound harsh, but EVERYONE cant be helped today... It's not realistic to think we can save and help everyone... If we try to help everyone, we are only going to dig ourselves into a deeper hole...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Lots of people today are not responsible. Example, they are having children while on welfare
Even when they cant afford to pay for that baby, should the responsibility then fall on the citizens who are paying taxes??? Too often today we have people taking advantage of these entitlement programs and as a citizen who pays all his taxes and does all the right things, it pisses me off... I know it may sound harsh, but EVERYONE cant be helped today... It's not realistic to think we can save and help everyone...

We're not talking about EVERYONE. We're talking about aid to kids, disabled people, and the elderly. I showed you the facts, that's where most of the federal spending is going.
Good people don't let kids starve, no matter the case.

republican politicians encourage people to have more kids by blocking the widespread distribution of birth control, trying to outlaw abortions, and also bragging about how they have 5 kids.
The same people who are encouraging people to have kids, are the same ones who won't help parents who can't support their kids.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stupe
Reading some of these comments really saddens me. It seems that many people think that anyone who recieves government assistance is a lazy freeloader and deserves to be poor and desperate.

I receive food stamps from the government. I don't get them because I want to, I get them because I have to. I'm married and have 3 kids. My wife works very hard at a low paying job. She supports our family the best she can right now. I don't work. I'm a stay at home dad because I'm a disabled veteran. I was injured back when I was in the Army. My injury wasn't so bad at the time and I was able to continue on with my enlistment term and work after I got out. But over the years my injury has gotten worse. It's now at the point that I have to walk with a cane everywhere I go, if it's a day I CAN walk. There are many days I can't even stand up without the use of my forearm crutches because the pain is just too much. I WANT to work, but who's going to hire a guy like me? Where could I possibly work that would be OK with a guy who would have to miss work days at time without notice? I don't get SSI disability. I probably could, but I don't. I do however get VA compensation. They rate me at 20%. That's $251 a month I get for the injury I sustained in the Army. I get hat and $200 a month in food stamps.

I'm sorry that I'm a drain on your perfect vision of society. I'm sorry I'm not rich. I wish I were, but that's not the cards I was dealt in life. I wish I could make it better, but from where I'm laying at this moment, I don't see how it's possible. For all of those that think everyone on government assistance is a lazy and worthless human, I'll be open to any ideas you may have to help me get rich so I am no longer a burden for you...

Sad thing is after reading that, they'll still think you're a leech. These people have really sick mindsets.

edit on 18-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You would be hard pressed to find any conservative that does not say the same thing on or off the record. I mean really whats the big deal here? Anything to get a vote for obama? How is he better than romney?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Ok, Ill give you children and disabled (even though they need to find a cheaper solution to taking care of them), and to the elderly who depend on SS, they should have planned better, and the Govt. should have acted sooner when life expectancy started to rise from when SS was first created..

But to go in another direction for a quick second, I don't necessarily agree with the amount of money that goes to welfare and unemployment recipients... Curious (even though I think i know how you'll respond), how do you feel about those programs? Do you consider them more broken or do you believe they are set up and working out great?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is why when Obama has a fundraiser with the mega rich no recording devices/cameras or cell phones are allowed. I am sure the conversation gets outrageous. Romney hit the nail on the head. I hope he runs with it. America wants to hear the truth for once. Truth might just win. Who woulda thunk it.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A bunch of job destroyers ( unregulated speculation and outsourcing caused our current economic crisis) get together and Romney tells them that they earned their money ( by taking money from government programs, the mega rich are by far the greatest recipients of welfare, and by raiding employee pension funds) and then Romney insults the American worker that supports him and his fellow welfare bums? Unbelievable!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Obviously Romney was lying. Do the math! If 47% of Americans hate work and are lazy, then we should have at least a 47% unemployment rate!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What part of stop spending money you don't have don't you understand?

The part about money should not belong to the semi-private federal reserve rothschild scumbags.

And the part that the military IS THE LAST thing 99% of americans not only do not care about, but actually want it shrunken by at least 50%. The part that tells israel to go for a hike, puts moderate importation tariffs on foreign goods, restricts the inflow of illegal immigrants, etc.

I could not give a rats ass about growing the economy. I would rather it all be nationalised and workers having their own government.

I will vote for socialst party of america from now on and support stewart alexander for 2012!

Too bad the media shills fail to give him the reasonable airtime. Can't have him expose the zionist bankers too much, heh?!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

But to go in another direction for a quick second, I don't necessarily agree with the amount of money that goes to welfare and unemployment recipients... Curious (even though I think i know how you'll respond), how do you feel about those programs? Do you consider them more broken or do you believe they are set up and working out great?

Why ask while you know the answer? You'll need to look for someone who's been brain dead for a while to state that all is well in the world of entitlement programs.

But this has zero, zelch, nada to do with the topic of this thread.

First, 47% of people in the US are not on welfare. Second, even those with no federal income tax liability are still paying some taxes. Third, Romney did make it look like the 47% are all freeloaders and that's just mean. There are many people who don't make lots of money but are still self-dependent.

Are the entitlements broken? Hell yes they are. Should we cancel all of that and let kids starve? Yep, that's the kind of the question you were actually asking, and you also know the answer.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
Obviously Romney was lying. Do the math! If 47% of Americans hate work and are lazy, then we should have at least a 47% unemployment rate!

You're right, we should stick with Capt. Honesty, President Obama... He's never told a lie... He's always followed through on promises... He will definitely help us turn this economy around. He just needed 4 years to get his plan into action...

Actually, lets get rid of 2-term Presidents and lets just keep Obama as President till the day he leaves this Earth...Hallelujah

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Using the "for the children" argument is a conversation stopper, it is used to argue for and against literally every issue on the planet. How can we continue to fund all these welfare children?, we're perpetuating a lifestyle that reenforces peoples decision to have children depsite their inability to pay for them. Similarly, how can't we continue to fund all these welfare children?, they need to eat. We need to stop it with the' "what about the children" argument. I hear everyone using it to oppose and support just about everything. Here's one for you. If we don't fix our country and make the right decisions now our children will inherit a very unstable and poor country. If we must sacrifice a few elderly, disabled and children to guarantee the future of our country and the overall well being of the world, then I guess somebody will just have to be the man to make that tough decision.

This is the USA, people are dying of obesity and from a sedentary lifestyle, starvation is not a real risk and we all know it. The children will be fine, they always are. We need to do the right thing and make the tough decisions. If you don't work, you don't get paid. Let charities fill in the gaps.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein

You're right, we should stick with Capt. Honesty, President Obama... He's never told a lie... He's always followed through on promises... He will definitely help us turn this economy around. He just needed 4 years to get his plan into action...

Actually, lets get rid of 2-term Presidents and lets just keep Obama as President till the day he leaves this Earth...Hallelujah
e
Emotional gibberish. Your lack of logic is hilarious! I am on a tablet so cannot post the site. But google logical fallicies and have fun finding your fallacies, think of it as a wordsearch or crossword puzzle!
edit on 18-9-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Third, Romney did make it look like the 47% are all freeloaders and that's just mean.

Not only did he imply that 47% are freeloaders, he also suggested that they are all Democrats. I would wager that the 47% are closer to 50:50 Democrat:Republican than it is to 100:0.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join