It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by luccadeo
I can't believe that I actually agree with Romney on something.

Romney is running against Santa Clause.

He will still win.

Unfortunately, Obama has left him a big mess to clean up.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The Tea Party will NOT turn out in force for Romney, they support Ron Paul.

You're dreaming if you think the TP likes Romney.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by P12SOLD

The housing bubble was brought to you Barney Frank and his cohorts.

Not the republicans.

Yes, and isn't it odd that the firms guilty of - FRAUD - ( Countrywide Financial)

are - NOT - being prosecuted by the Justice Dept.

I think we are finally recovering from the real estate bubble.

Ok, now I know you're dreaming.

I own a plumbing and heating shop.

I'm running with half the employee's I had 4 years ago, and may have to sit a few of them down if things don't pick up soon.

The housing market is far from a recovery.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Meaning your trying to "regulate" foreign business how neoconish of the left.

How Neoconish? Seriously?

How about "How Constitutional".

Article I, Section 8, Clause 3: [The Congress shall have Power] To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes;

If a foreign corporation wants to do business with the United States, do business within the United States or ship their products to the shores of the United States, then they must play by our rules. We regulate it and they can either (1) play along as the rules are written, or (2) get lost.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
If Romney wins this election it will be proof positive that the system is rigged.

A lot or Republicans don't like him, and you know how the Democrats feel. And the middle is wavering on both of them.

Bad tasting medicine always is better when you're ailing.

The likeability factor is what got us in this mess because voters are voting based in popularity rather than qualifications.
Romney wasnt my first choice either but he is certainly much more qualified than Obama.
I mean, come on, how can Obama even begin to criticize Romney's business experience?
Doesn't even make sense.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The Tea Party will NOT turn out in force for Romney, they support Ron Paul.

You're dreaming if you think the TP likes Romney.

Time will tell.

I still have my eye on this incredible prediction model.

- President Mitt Romney -

------------
Question: Will the flags still be burning in the middle east during the 1st Presidential Debate ?
edit on 18-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

If Romney wins this election it will be proof positive that the system is rigged.

A lot or Republicans don't like him, and you know how the Democrats feel. And the middle is wavering on both of them.

The likeability factor is what got us in this mess because voters are voting based in popularity rather than qualifications.
Romney wasnt my first choice either but he is certainly much more qualified than Obama.
I mean, come on, how can Obama even begin to criticize Romney's business experience?
Doesn't even make sense.

If Romney had been a traditional businessman yes, but he was Gordon Gecko.

His job was breaking up companies and selling them off, moving divisions overseas to get tax breaks, etc...

Romney knows how to protect his own wealth, I don't trust him with mine.

They both suck, so I'm not voting for either.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Doesn't even make sense.

Romney is qualified to outsource all of America's jobs to China.

Most business produce something, Romney has never produced a single useful item in
his life. His business model is to sweep in with money, take over, accumulate debt and
extract equity. He sounds like the Government and the Banks.

Enjoy that

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

The've done such as great job with all those sanctions/regulations with over 88 million Americans out of work under employed, and over 47 million on welfare,

Golf clap for a job well done.

www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 18-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Originally posted by xEphon
How exactly is Romney telling it like it is?
Unless you believe that the 47% of people who pay not taxes are all scumbag Obama supporters.

But the funny thing is, that's exactly what he implied when he said that.

The not so funny part, is that half of that 47% are Republicans just like him.

But good for Romney for "telling it like it is."
Oh, we see how it is Romney. You're a piece of trash who can care less about 47% of the American public, even if they make up your own party.

But that is exactly it, this is the way the right sees it. I knew that as soon as I saw the clip last night that ATS would be full hi5ing, amens and attaboy's for Ole Mitt. Because that is what the right wing members here tell you day in and day out. This doesn't hurt Romney with his base, this is what they already believe. This will kill him with middle however.

At least Romney doesn't wear his monocle in public.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by P12SOLD

The housing bubble was brought to you Barney Frank and his cohorts.

Not the republicans.

Yes, and isn't it odd that the firms guilty of - FRAUD - ( Countrywide Financial)

are - NOT - being prosecuted by the Justice Dept.

I think we are finally recovering from the real estate bubble.

Ok, now I know you're dreaming.

I own a plumbing and heating shop.

I'm running with half the employee's I had 4 years ago, and may have to sit a few of them down if things don't pick up soon.

The housing market is far from a recovery.

Yes, but i think it has bottomed out.

I think it will take off in 2013.

First we need to put Americans back to work.

We need them jumping in the workforce not jumping out of the workforce.

It's easier to qualify for a 30 year mortgage if you have a good paying job.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by jibeho

Of course, no one will read your link.

I'll just keep reposting it

paste
paste
paste
paste

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

What does that have to do with Romneys comments about voters dependent on government?

WhaT?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by sensible1
Mitt Romney forgot that retirees and vets make up at LEAST 40% of that 47% (By that I mean 60% of the 47% are not retirees or vets) But these are folks who have worked their whole lives and now get SSI, or are living on a 401k. Or are super - wealthy and have dividend payments... A lot of them are Romney voters.... Including poor white voters who are voting principally for the GOP or more accurately, against Obama... What a gaffe.. He just insulted all of them, and many of them may not vote at all, out of shame or disinterest..

He's not talking about Vets, retirees, etc, but freeloaders, parasites, and those who just do not want to go to work for a living. I personally know a person who got fired from his job, got 99 weeks of Obama unemployment benefits, never looked for a job the whole time, then when they ran out, he ran down and got a phoney SSI benefit to replace it. He gets food stamps, fuel assistance, etc, the whole nine yards. I get up at 4:30 every single day and work all day long and have to look at this and realize that he hasn't worked a day in almost four years straight. He goes fishing, visits friends and family, spends time up in the lakes for his numerous vacations while I work.

What I think this Romney leak will do is to finally wake up the rest of the working people and small business owners, or the 51% who will finally close the chapter on cradle to grave government nanny state life as we see it today.

Why do you hang out with lowlifes like that? And how do you know so much about how he spends his time?. Not to say these people don't exist, but I kinda doubt the existence of this particular individual. Look at it this way. At least he's not trying to get your job.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sorry Neo...I was replying to who you were replying to: oops

The republicans didn't write it with the detention clause in it......your leader insisted it go in.....and that is the bad part of the bill............soooooo, still comes back to O.

edit on 18-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by thepresident

What does that have to do with Romneys comments about voters dependent on government?

WhaT?

Romney is wrong, most people enjoy working and being independent, that is about the
worst thing you can say to people.

Romney is gonna motivate the hell out of people -

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It will not improve in 2013.

For that to happen we would need job growth unseen since post WW2 days.

We have lost 5 million manufacturing jobs since 1995.

Add on all the ancillary jobs lost as a result of the manufacturing job losses you have 12 million jobs lost.

In the mean time small businesses are struggling to pay bills on time so their credit rating goes down. Then when they do want to hire they can't borrow to do it.

link   
Saw John Sununu on air trying to justify/defend/explain these Romney statements. He was coming positively unglued. It was a fascinating look into how, quite possibly, the Romney campaign is imploding.

link   
reply to post by GreatOwl

Romney purposely made himself equal to everyone by giving his entire inheritance away and starting on his own.

People just don't want to admit that maybe he has business smarts and knows what he is doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join