It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
It starts with the people. Buy Chinese = Chinese Jobs, Buy American = American Jobs

STOP BLAMING!

No blaming, resolute.
Tariffs need to be imposed.

The reason we have government is to protect our country from enemies, and to regulate and protect the integrity of commerce.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 3:

[The Congress shall have Power] To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes;

Government is -required- to stop this chinese takeover through proper legislation..

Know the country you proclaim to love. Read the bloody constitution and the amendments..understand them. Stop being a corporate tool and become aware already!

link   

Exactly, Independents that have not yet decided in this election will NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA. If you are still undecided about the POTUS at this late in the game. You will not vote for him.
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Not exactly accurate. Like I stated before, it's highly unlikely Independent voters will support Romney in November. Romney's votes will come mainly from those who voted for him in the primaries.

That's it!!!

link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

I was looking at Gary Johnson but now my vote goes to the Dems. No matter what I will not vote for Romney he has completely alienated me.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Ummm yeah it does..Romney goes on about how Obama supporters are dependent on the government and crave entitlements. That is the reason they are voting for him...when a HUGE portion of Romneys voting base is dependent on the government. I PROVED this through showing that the majority of people on welfare are white rural dwelling people who tend to vote republican. It had absolutely nothing to do with race, it had to do with the VOTING BASE. The fact that you think I said it to bring up race shows where YOUR mind is.

And ps. None of my threads turn up about race unless someone says something to me, or it was with the topic at hand.

edit on 17-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Romney had better pray that he is wrong about that 47% or he is in real trouble come November. Once you take that 47% and add all of the liberal and moderate voters who are not on assistance, it adds up to a landslide victory for Obama.

Honestly, I don't think it matters anymore. Romney alienates himself from one voter to the next on a weekly basis now. The GOP should have taken their primaries a bit more seriously.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Best quote I've seen all week. THE TRUTH WILL HURT THOSE HIDING BEHIND THEM.

Originally posted by jimmiec
The truth always causes an uproar on the left. America needs to hear more truths. They are apparently to stupid to see it when it is glaring right in front of them.

So basically, there are no working, financially stable people voting for Obama? I hope that isn't what Romney or you are saying.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Lots of sheep will vote for him. Sheep can be rich too.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Best quote I've seen all week. THE TRUTH WILL HURT THOSE HIDING BEHIND THEM.

The truth always causes an uproar on the left. America needs to hear more truths. They are apparently to stupid to see it when it is glaring right in front of them.

So basically, there are no working, financially stable people voting for Obama? I hope that isn't what Romney or you are saying.

That's exactly what they are saying, which makes them look mighty stupid.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
How many more times will Romney stuff up before the election? Based on his track record it doesn't look great. Maybe the Republicans should've gone with Sarah Palin. Or Dirty Harry.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The truth is often ugly. Politicians who actually say what they think are rare. Like it or not he's telling you what he thinks. I personally don't think he is saying anything i don't hear all the time by people i know. I understand why the left doesn't like it, but I am not sure it really hurts Romney. Almost half the US doesn't pay any Federal Income tax. That is true. But all you hear from the left wing media is the rich don't pay their fair share. Well then who the hell is paying the taxes?

V

link   

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

It starts with the people. Buy Chinese = Chinese Jobs, Buy American = American Jobs

STOP BLAMING!

No blaming, resolute.
Tariffs need to be imposed.

The reason we have government is to protect our country from enemies, and to regulate and protect the integrity of commerce.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 3:

[The Congress shall have Power] To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes;

Government is -required- to stop this chinese takeover through proper legislation..

Know the country you proclaim to love. Read the bloody constitution and the amendments..understand them. Stop being a corporate tool and become aware already!

The Obama Regulation Nation has put just another burden on our small businesses.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I can not fathom why any American would vote for Obama. He has wrought nothing but economic ruin and turmoil on the American people and his foreign policies will bring WWIII. America has never been so divided. Hate runs rampant on all sides. How could anyone want more of him?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Romney was never going going to get obama voters to change their vote so he was telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Romney is a scum bag why he only hand over two years of tax returns himself. He is a liar and shameful person and says something about America millions of Americans will vote for this douchebag.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I can not fathom why any American would vote for Obama. He has wrought nothing but economic ruin and turmoil on the American people and his foreign policies will bring WWIII. America has never been so divided. Hate runs rampant on all sides. How could anyone want more of him?

No, Bush brought the ruin

Obamas first month in office was marked with 750,000 disappearing -

Romney wants to bomb Iran and Syria outright

Obama is a much more even hand, America is still here

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Some data:

Entitlements:

According to the Census Bureau, 49% of Americans in the second quarter of 2011 lived in a household where at least one member received a government benefit. (The total population at the time was 305 million).

That’s up from 30% in the 1980s and 44.4% in the third quarter of 2008, a recent growth in part attributable to the bad economy of President Obama’s first term.

The Census Bureau broke the data down like this:

26.4% of U.S. households had someone enrolled in Medicaid (the health-care program for low-income Americans)
16.2% of households had at least one member receiving Social Security.
15.8% lived in a household receiving food stamps
14.9% had a member with Medicare benefits
4.5% of households received assistance with their rent
1.7% had a member receiving unemployment benefits.

The large majority of Medicare and Social Security recipients have paid payroll taxes in many cases for decades to qualify for those benefits.

Taxes:

Mr. Romney correctly noted that nearly half of Americans pay no federal income tax. Who are all these people? And how did we get here?

Here’s a quick answer. Roughly half of U.S. households that pay no federal income tax are exempted because of basic provisions such as limitations on tax for low-income earners, according to a 2011 study by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. The other half benefit from targeted breaks (known to tax geeks as “tax expenditures”), such as assistance for the working poor and for children in moderate-income families. Seniors also benefit from some of these targeted breaks.

To analyze which breaks are most important in moving people off the income-tax rolls, the TPC study arranged these tax expenditures into eight categories:

Elderly tax benefits (the extra standard deduction for the elderly, the exclusion of a portion of Social Security benefits, and the credit for the elderly);
Credits for children and the working poor (the child tax credit, the child and dependent care tax credit, and the Earned Income Tax Credit);
Exclusion of other cash transfers (such as welfare and disability payments);
Tax-exempt interest and some other deductions, such as for retirement savings;
Itemized deductions;
Education credits;
Other credits; and
Reduced rates on capital gains and dividends (zero rate on gains and dividends that would otherwise be taxed at 10% or 15%, 15% rate combined with credits).

The TPC found that of the 38 million households that are made nontaxable by tax expenditures, “44% are moved off the tax rolls by elderly tax benefits and another 30% by credits for children and the working poor.”

So how did we get to the point where almost half of American households pay no income tax? Since the 1970s, Congress and successive presidents have begun creating more and more tax breaks to benefit broad swaths of the population (and some very narrow gauges too). Democrats generally have been more supportive of the particular breaks that push people off the income-tax rolls, but Republicans have supported a few too, and they also have pushed breaks that benefit higher-income people.

Source.

edit on 18-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
Romney was never going going to get obama voters to change their vote so he was telling the truth.

Now he is not gonna get the voters that were on the side lines either because he was so disparaging

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The full Story in complete context. MOther Jones caves to pressure to release all of it

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Of course, no one will read your link.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by jibeho

Of course, no one will read your link.

Well I did, and a few more on the same subject. Romney didn't say anything at all about how to end Israeli occupation of the West Bank. Did I miss it or is he really clueless?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join