It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If Romney wins this election it will be proof positive that the system is rigged.

A lot or Republicans don't like him, and you know how the Democrats feel. And the middle is wavering on both of them.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well, this kind of thing doesn't help matters any. There is some truth to what Romney said:

And a lot more people obviously felt the same way she did, or there wouldn't have been so many votes for him.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by queenannie38

Because he is not just going to lower the tax rate, he is going to fight to get rid of all the loopholes....so in the end all corporations will actually pay more than they have been.

I'm waiting to hear how he's going to close the loophole that allows him to pay less % tax than me. While we are at it, I want him to use his own tax returns for the past 10 years as a case study to show people what's wrong with our tax code and how he intends to "fight" for fixing it, so he finally pays 40% and not 10%. I'm all ears.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by miniatus

There are loopholes int he tax code that let them get away with nonsense... they can pay the minimum .. and donate and get a break for doing so .. I don't even report my donations! .. I just do it..

I can't stand the greed that is built into some people.. it's sickening... AND THIS .. coming from an atheist .. IMAGINE

Well fix the loopholes...the funny part is raising taxes doesn't do squat to the super rich because they still have the LOOPHOLES!!!

Are you saying that Romney is powerless to change that? We may have something we can agree upon.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There are two things that are troubling when the wealthy start talking about the people who don't pay taxes. First, it's not true. Everybody pays taxes. You got your sales taxes. You got your gas tax. You got your social security tax. You got you medicare tax. Everybody who gets a paycheck pays all these taxes. and even those who don't get a paycheck pay the first two and probably some I missed. Plenty of taxes to be paid. Let's don't get focused on just the income tax. The second thing the job creators don't want to talk about, is why the working folks who don't pay taxes, don't pay taxes. They are not paid enough to pay taxes. Pay them a living wage, then they can pay taxes.

They say, the job creators that is, that these dependent parasitic leeches should do something for them selves. I'm with them. That's what labor unions are all about. The working man doing something for himself. But the job creators don't want that kind of initiative in the way of self help. No they want you to just keep struggling, alone, and someday your time will come and they will take care of you as they see fit. It's just the free market working. What they don't want you to notice is how well the free market is working out for them and not so much for you.

Get the pixie dust out of your eyes. Romney just told you what the rich thinks of 47% of you. The next 50% on the income scale, those above that 47%, that are working and paying taxes, They would love to push you into that 47% and swell those ranks of hard working people who don't make enough to pay taxes.

Wake up, stop fighting among yourselves

The lessons learned during and after the depression and WWII have been lost on this generation. Capitalism works best when the benefits of our collective efforts are fairly shared between the owners of companies, and the labor that makes these companies work.

The greedy have always considered labor to be expendable, but now after listening to the super rich talk in private. we know they believe we have some nerve thinking we have a right to food and health care. The indignities of having to give up some of that stupid wealth accumulated at the top so all that unwashed stupid (and we give them no reason to think otherwise.) mass don't go hungry. What a waste of good resources.

Don't tax them just make them pay a living wage, and the United States could once again be the shining light everyone keeps talking about. An economic powerhouse that is an example to the world.

This can only come from the bottom up. I can assure you it will never come from the top down. Stop thinking of your downtrodden brother as shiftless and lazy. Realize he is just one of the first to have his share of the pie shuffled on up to the top, and that you are, just as surely, next in line.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How Jimmy Carter’s Grandson Helped Leak the Secret Romney Fund-raiser Video By Joe Coscarelli
nymag.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

“There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what.

All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.

“And I mean the President starts off with 49, 49…he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. 47% of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect.

“So he’ll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that’s what they sell every 4 years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

So who are these 47% who pay no income taxes?...who behave like "victims"? who take no personal responsibility for thier lives?

Well ...first off...while they pay no Income tax ...That 47% pay Payroll taxes, Social Security and Medicare taxes, State taxes, Sales taxes, Property taxes, Gasoline taxes ad infinium.

Secondly...

About HALF of those paying no "federal income" taxes...are the Elderly on social security or living off of retirement benefits.

This 47% also includes US Soldiers...

It includes Half of all households making between 30k-40k

A Quarter of households making making between 50k-70k

Only 14% recieve food stamps etc.

Those folks in the lower middle class benefit from the Reagan era Earned Income Tax Credit.

Otherwise...Romney just told HIS BASE...the average working man with kids...and the older retired voter...to go ef themselves....The don't take responsibility for thier lives...they are moochers...
edit on 18-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Otherwise...Romney just told HIS BASE...the average working man with kids...and the older retired voter...to go ef themselves....The don't take responsibility for thier lives...they are moochers...

Yeah... And yet some people in this thread objected to him being called "creepy" in the OP...
Quite.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
It's had to have a good conversation with the intellectually deficient left. You can't reason with hypocrisy.

You posted this just yesterday:

I don't mind the debates. I just wish they were productive back and forth posts and replies, where people actually LISTEN AND DEBATE TOPICS WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF THE PREVIOUS POST.

I'm wondering...what constitutes a 'productive' debate in your opinion, RELDDIR?

Voicing your own opinion with questionable limited sources while ridiculing the opinion of other people, scoffing at their sources...without even reading them?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Kudos and a standing ovation for James Carter IV!

He didn't give Romney the rope...he didn't hang Romney...he didn't even film the hanging...he just made sure it was available for anyone to view who might be interested in how that works...meaning the old adage 'give him enough rope and he will hang himself.'

Textbook example.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Are you lefties pissed that this video turned out to be a dud?

Are you righties that in denial that you rely on corporate owned media to feed you lies?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Romney in China

"When I was back in my private equity days, we went to China to buy a factory there," Romney is heard saying. "It employed about 20,000 people. And they were almost all young women between the ages of about 18 and 22 or 23. They were saving for potentially becoming married."

The GOP nominee goes on to detail the conditions he saw, including workers squeezed into dormitory-style housing, and a fence topped by barbed wire circling the factory.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
If Romney wins this election it will be proof positive that the system is rigged.

A lot or Republicans don't like him, and you know how the Democrats feel. And the middle is wavering on both of them.

WHEN President Mitt Romney wins it will prove that - voter turnout - works!

Just look at what happened during the Gov. Scott Walker recall election.

Just look at what happened during the November 2010 election.

Obama called it a shellacking.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What is with the Republican party, Fox news, Dick Cheney and Haliburton corporation. Disturbing.
This is the O'Reilly factor, if you're not a Republican you're a hippy commie terrorist. Shut up.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Hiya Kids!
Welcome to

Beezzers Bottom Line Time

People now vote for the candidate who will give them the most stuff. I call it the "Greedy-pants" Syndrome.

If you are currently getting entitlements or think you will, then you will vote for the canddate who endorses handing out entitlements.

If you are not getting entitlements and/or think that the nanny-state is a bad thing, you'll vote for the candidate who feels akin to you.

The candidates will focus on the folks who think along their lines as well. Hence the focus NOT on people who wouldn't vote for him, but on the most likely who will.

Easy-peasy, lemon squeasy.

Now go outside and play. It's nice out.

Fox News Greg Gutfeld says Mitt Romney is running against - Santa Clause -.

President Mitt Romney will pick up the independents on November 6, 2012.

The next Job Growth Report will send them running away from Obama.

- First Friday of October -

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by thepresident

I believe in America

The economy will do that and more.

Did you know that a man that is shot 18 times can take several years to recover?

It wont under Obama.

Period.

And people wake up, when they have been in Comas for years.

Fortunately, I don't subscribe to Obama or Romney, or rich Politicians, like the both of them.

I hope you wake up one day, Mr President.

Right now, I feel like Clint Eastwood, talking to that empty chair.

Oh the Irony......

President
Chair

Im out........

Peace.

You are out of touch to believe that Obama has that much power.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Whats so wrong with the video? im not a romney supporter or an obama its the dang truth the only reason people will vote for obama is because of big government and they love being taken care of by the government and they are the reasons govt is spending the way it does!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by beezzer
Hiya Kids!
Welcome to

Beezzers Bottom Line Time

People now vote for the candidate who will give them the most stuff. I call it the "Greedy-pants" Syndrome.

If you are currently getting entitlements or think you will, then you will vote for the canddate who endorses handing out entitlements.

If you are not getting entitlements and/or think that the nanny-state is a bad thing, you'll vote for the candidate who feels akin to you.

The candidates will focus on the folks who think along their lines as well. Hence the focus NOT on people who wouldn't vote for him, but on the most likely who will.

Easy-peasy, lemon squeasy.

Now go outside and play. It's nice out.

Fox News Greg Gutfeld says Mitt Romney is running against - Santa Clause -.

President Mitt Romney will pick up the independents on November 6, 2012.

Not this Independent, he won't.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Exactly, Independents that have not yet decided in this election will NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA. If you are still undecided about the POTUS at this late in the game. You will not vote for him.
reply to post by Eurisko2012

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join