It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
RealSpokes information is based on a "study" that cites the number of welfare recipients rather than the percentage. These studies are frequently cited on so-called "black supremacy" websites to distort reality. The reality is that whites are the majority of people, so to get an accurate reflection of reality we mustnt use the number but the percentage. The percentage of blacks as well as democrats who are on welfare is significantly higher than the amount of republicans on welfare.

This is actually common knowledge - how disappointing that it has to be explained to internet-partisans.

RealSpoke has posted 3 other gross inaccuracies in this thread, lets see if you can find them.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
What ever happened to self-reliance and prosperity?

It got outsourced to China.

Yes, General Electric has outsourced a lot jobs to China.

Wait a minute. I thought Jeff Immelt was on the Obama Jobs Council ?

I guess - shovel ready - wasn't really shovel ready.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This is what I thought about Republicans for a long time. Tax cut for the rich and everyone else can drop dead for all they care. For someone who tries to paint himself as a moral upstanding pillar of society I found Romney's comments outrageous and offensive. Is he actually suggesting children should be allowed to starve if they have no food? If there is a famine in Africa we all say how terrible it is and try to help.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by okyouwin

No they do not do it out of the kindness of their hearts. They do it for profit the thing is that china and many other countries have such a huge population without any big industry like the usa to provide jobs or a way to make a living.

Even the "slave"wage given by corporations in those regions are enough to help those people. If there were better jobs in those countries they would not have to work for slave wages for the USA but they do not.

if you go in there paying people a wage comparable to the USA that would affect the economy there to the point where prices would need to be adjusted all accross the board because of so much money being put in.

It may seem like a slave wage for us by comparison but it is a godsend for them.

Also if you pay similar to the usa ...that would draw money away from here and it would affect our quality of life.

The few foreign people in asian countries I have had a conversation about this pretty much say I am selfish for complaining about companies taking jobs from teh USA and bringing them to their country. We may not be happy with the wages there but its better than what they had before which was no work at all.

the problem is not so much the wages they pay overseas but what they do with the profits they do make off of such business practices.

Everything business does today is not so bad, if it was for the benefit of the work force and the owners.

If that money they made was reinvested into the company infrastructure and work force (ie wages, benefits working conditions) in order to improve it I am okay with that.

The true problem is that these corporations make profits never to share it with the people who made it happen. That is teh true crime in all of this.
edit on 18-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stupe

Thank you for the reminder. I'm sure Romney has also forgotten that many of the people getting supplemental income from the government are those who served their country and were gravely injured in doing so (and many of which are conservative voters). Please know that you are appreciated and you deserve just as much consideration and help as anyone else.

reply to post by Fromabove

Originally posted by Fromabove
He's not talking about Vets, retirees, etc, but freeloaders, parasites, and those who just do not want to go to work for a living.

Where, in his speech, did he say that? He didn't. What he SAID was that 47% don't pay taxes and they will vote for Obama because they feel they are entitled. He didn't bother to talk about the conservative seniors, vets, students, poor and the wealthy who don't pay taxes... He's not concerned about them. It's only the rich he cares about. He's made that clear at every opportunity.

I personally know a person who got fired from his job, got 99 weeks of Obama unemployment benefits...

That's ONE PERSON. And there are people who abuse the system. But the majority don't. The majority WANT to work and support their families.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
RealSpokes information is based on a "study" that cites the number of welfare recipients rather than the percentage. These studies are frequently cited on so-called "black supremacy" websites to distort reality. The reality is that whites are the majority of people, so to get an accurate reflection of reality we mustnt use the number but the percentage. The percentage of blacks as well as democrats who are on welfare is significantly higher than the amount of republicans on welfare.

This is actually common knowledge - how disappointing that it has to be explained to internet-partisans.

RealSpoke has posted 3 other gross inaccuracies in this thread, lets see if you can find them.

Don't bother.

He obviously has an agenda full of half truths.

It's no secret that Obama wants us all - dependent - on the government.

The goal is to attack American Exceptionalism.

- American Exceptionalism - Wiki

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
Is he actually suggesting children should be allowed to starve if they have no food? If there is a famine in Africa we all say how terrible it is and try to help.

He'd probably call 'em "freeloading dumbasses", like the other supporter a minute ago in this thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Romney was right, Obamas supporters are dependent on government.

Obama = inexperienced

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Really? Dependent on the government? We're dependent on the government for building roads, holding elections, passing laws, attempting to keep us safe from foreign threats, listening to us in town halls, etc.

Yes. We are dependent and yes, I will gladly vote for Obama over the creep Romney any day. I sincerely hope this election causes the collapse of the Republican Party as it is time for a new Party with actual values that represent this country.

So long, Republicans. Your moronic asses will NOT be missed.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Yes, you and the 47% will be Obama's support. Romney has 53%. You lose! American Wins!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by theconspirator

It is a fact that 47% of people in the US pay no income tax and I am sure a majority of them think Obama will keep it that way.

47% of people don't pay income taxes because they A) Are military members who don't make enough to support themselves (another topic!) B) Senior Citizens who live off of Social Security THAT THEY PAID INTO C) People who take advantage of things like Child Tax Credit, Earned Income Credit, etc... ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE SUPPORTED BY BOTH PARTIES!

So you are going to tell me that disabled vets who live off disability are moochers who should not be taken care of or even a consideration of Romney? The man is a fraud and I cannot wait to cast my vote for Obama. I am not a low life mooch either ... I've worked for 18 of my 34 years on this planet, served in the military and I VOTED for Both Bushes .... (Hindsight is 20/20 I guess)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Did Romney himself specify what comprises 47%? LOL

Originally posted by DoubleDNH

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by theconspirator

It is a fact that 47% of people in the US pay no income tax and I am sure a majority of them think Obama will keep it that way.

47% of people don't pay income taxes because they A) Are military members who don't make enough to support themselves (another topic!) B) Senior Citizens who live off of Social Security THAT THEY PAID INTO C) People who take advantage of things like Child Tax Credit, Earned Income Credit, etc... ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE SUPPORTED BY BOTH PARTIES!

So you are going to tell me that disabled vets who live off disability are moochers who should not be taken care of or even a consideration of Romney? The man is a fraud and I cannot wait to cast my vote for Obama. I am not a low life mooch either ... I've worked for 18 of my 34 years on this planet, served in the military and I VOTED for Both Bushes .... (Hindsight is 20/20 I guess)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Whoop there it is!
P.E.R.C.E.N.T.A.G.E.

Sixteen percentage of the population collecting 37% of welfare benefits is indeed staggering.
Proving once and for all that Romney is correct with his "secret" statement.
But the again this is a non story.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Yes, you and the 47% will be Obama's support. Romney has 53%. You lose! American Wins!

I was waiting for someone to figure that out.

It's not just the U.S. economy and American dependence on government.

--------

The independents are also seeing that the Obama middle east foreign policies are in ruin.

We deserve better than this.

---------
Welcome to the White House President Mitt Romney!

Obama left you a big mess to clean up.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wow this website sure has a lot of armchair warriors who think they know the "best" way to run a country filled with hundreds of millions of people.

Romney just handed the election to Obama on a silver platter, between this and the RNC scam he's finished.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This doesn't surprises me one bit, it's easy to see that Romney is a phoney. He tries to say how he relates to the middle and poor class and how he'll help them, NEVER trust a banker, it's obvious he only cares about their vote, and after that he won't care one bit about them. Romney will be more interested in declaring war against Iran.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This will filter through the media news cycle soon. Don't worry, they'll get to Obama next week!
reply to post by zero1020

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
At least he is honest. Obama lies to get your vote!

Originally posted by Flow101
This doesn't surprises me one bit, it's easy to see that Romney is a phoney. He tries to say how he relates to the middle and poor class and how he'll help them, NEVER trust a banker, it's obvious he only cares about their vote, and after that he won't care one bit about them. Romney will be more interested in declaring war against Iran.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Whoop there it is!
P.E.R.C.E.N.T.A.G.E.

Sixteen percentage of the population collecting 37% of welfare benefits is indeed staggering.
Proving once and for all that Romney is correct with his "secret" statement.
But the again this is a non story.

This " secret " is not much of a secret.

I think it was Newt Gingrich who labeled Obama the - Food Stamp President - during the

primary.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join