It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I KNOW that Obama signed them. The whole point was to prove that BOTH parties are nanny state idiots.

I've called Obama on his bull#

About the kill lists
About Libya
About him signing # bills
About him going along with a republican privatized healthcare plan and not a public option bill

If you were impartial, you would not be rooting for Romney. And you wouldn't ignore the fact that republicans created the homeland of security, created the NDAA bill, and created the Patriot act. You're one of those people who pretend they are impartial so that they can act like they have the higher moral ground in the argument.

edit on 18-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by sonnny1

I KNOW that Obama signed them. The whole point was to prove that BOTH parties are nanny state idiots.

I've called Obama on his bull#

About the kill lists
About Libya
About him signing # bills
About him going along with a republican privatized healthcare plan and not a public option bill

If you were impartial, you would not be rooting for Romney.

Then you get a Star, and a earned one at that!

Hows this.

Obama saying he doesn't "know" if Egypt is an Enemy or an Ally.

But......

Lets STILL give them a Billion dollars in aid.

The White House flatly rejected calls from House conservatives to halt U.S. aid to Egypt after a slow response from Cairo in rebuking violent attacks on the U.S. Embassy there Tuesday night.

White House: Aid to Egypt will continue

See, these are the very reasons, I call Obama out for his stupidity, and failures.

Will Romney make the same mistakes? You bet. But HES not the President. Obama is, hence the magnifying glass on him, and rightfully so.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It's the same reason why we give Aid to Israel. It said it in your article.

Egypt has played a critical role in America’s strategic position in the Middle East for decades, but since last spring’s uprisings, the U.S. is grappling with an unpredictable relationship with Cairo.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Again.

Why?

Strategic?

I laugh. There was a regime change, and one that isn't kind to the US anymore. Obama has Polarized America, with the rest of the World, Spoke.

Continued policies, Debt, you name it.
edit on 18-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
A lot of ancient and biblical obsession in the region.

Maybe, aid=excuse to send investigators.

I usually think that involvement in ME has as much to do with religious/esoteric/ancient stuff as war profiteering and oil.
edit on 9/18/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I say no aid to anyone, but Americans.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Did you watch Jesse Ventura last night? He had an epic rant about that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Foreign aid is code for corporate welfare. We don't actually give them bundles of money to do with as they please, we give that to defense contractors. Contractors who in turn send them the weapons of war. Just imagine if we instead of weapons sent things like food and books what things would be like.
edit on 18-9-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

no.

You have a link?

would love to see it.

I have become very cynical lately........

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Its a giant shell game.

no doubt.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Yeah, don't know a whole lot about it. But strings attached is a general rule when it comes to money and American politics. I think US foreign aid will be my research project for the next hour.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

edited that post with link to thread with vids.

Highly entertaining, Jesse is talking about running for POTUS. Not sure if I'm for that but he says a lot of stuff that noone else is willing to.

He's just as over the top and sensationalist as everyone else in politics, though.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The AID to Egypt that you are speaking about doesn't directly go to them. It goes to US defense contractors. So corporate welfare is indeed an accurate term for it.

the money isn’t even going to Egypt, it’s going to U.S. defense contractors who have ongoing contracts to supply the Egyptian military.

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

As I said in this thread long ago www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

11 bil in aid to Afghanistan. Their GDP is 20 bil. That's absolute nonsense.www.census.gov...

That's more than all of Africa, far east and Europe get combined

Pretty sure that's an opium investment. Jesse Ventura also had a nice rant about the Taliban shutting down the opium trade and the US starting it back up.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by sonnny1

The AID to Egypt that you are speaking about doesn't directly go to them. It goes to US defense contractors. So corporate welfare is indeed an accurate term for it.

the money isn’t even going to Egypt, it’s going to U.S. defense contractors who have ongoing contracts to supply the Egyptian military.

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

You see Spoke?

Its all BS.

We need someone whos going to really change it, or at least stop it.

Thanks for the thread, BTW. Its been fun.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Not so much of a shell game, at least not in my view. But more of a reflection of how we have allowed the corporations to dictate policy. They have a vested interest in keeping as many people as they can hungry and uneducated to ensure an exploitable labor pool in the future. Defense contractors have a vested interest in keeping the hungry and uneducated armed to ensure there will be future conflicts which means more Government funding. Military spending is always a game of escalation.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

That's not what he said.

He said a certain percentage of the American public think they are entitled to the government handouts. And that those people will vote for Obama because Romneys plan isn't attractive for them. Thats VERY different from him saying a blanket statement that 'Obama voters are dependent on government'.

I think the 'percentage' he gave is probably way off .. but the fact is that he is correct. A certain percentage of people do use the government as their 'way of life' and those people won't vote for Romney.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
No matter who wins the big Race they want use dependent, or they wont have there
Enormous federal programs such as Social Security, Medicare and the recently pass Healthcare Reform. What happened to the enumerated powers?
How did these things possibly get by the Supreme Court? Not that aid to citizens is wrong but it was never intended to be the role of the federal government.
That's what the 10th amendment was for, reserving all other powers than those enumerated to the federal government for the states.
The states should be providing these programs if they so choose and if they work they will compete with other states for populace and hence power in the House. This is how it was meant to be.

the states are engaging in no competition other than that for federal funds.

Constitutional Revolution of 1936 the turmoil in society of the sixties and the programs of Lyndon Johnson exploding the role of the federal government....

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He was a bit harsher than that.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yup. And most of it goes to US corporations and money laundering, straight from a government source.

U.S. Government relies heavily on contractors in Afghanistan, but multiple reports and the recent crisis at Kabul Bank have raised alarms about the lack of robust oversight. Most U.S. aid bypasses the Afghan Government in favor of international firms.

Contractors run the gamut from companies who implement USAID programs to individual experts who serve as technical advisors within Afghan institutions and ministries, as Deloitte representatives did at the Afghan Central Bank

While there are many good reasons to use contractors in Afghanistan, there are also reasons for concern. The case of the Louis Berger Group Inc. (LBG) is instructive. A New Jersey-based engineering consulting firm that accounted for over a third of USAID’s total contract obligations in Afghanistan between FY 2007 and FY
2009, LBG recently admitted to submitting ‘‘false, fictitious, and fraudulent overhead rates for indirect costs . . . [resulting] in overpayments by the [U.S.] government in excess of $10 million’’ from 1999 to 2007.50 Such instances of fraud undermine our reconstruction..

foreign.senate.gov...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join