It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm stupid, share your stupid here.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
@ operation mindcrime: Did you have to drill it back out, or did you leave it for the hospital to remove?
If so how did the remove it???
edit on 20-9-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

Well It was a cable duct (is that a word?) in which I had to drill a hole. Trying to protect the cable already in there, I kept them aside with one hand and started drilling a hole from underneath.

The drill caught grip and shot through the metal...and my finger. Effectively drilling myself stuck.

Normally you'd remove the drill bit from the drill but since that takes two hands I really had no other option but to remove it myself. I really have no idea why but instead of putting the drill in reverse, I pulled it out. At the time it seemed like the best idea to get all the curly metal bits out the wound that had been pulled in.

It worked because according to the x-ray there was no metal in the wound. It did make the hole a bit bigger though.

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Yeah fairplay, I can only imagine if you drilled it back, well firstly it would hurt even more and may have mashed your finger up even more.

I bet that hurt pulling it off though too, kind of a lose lose situation.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
When I was about 6, I was bored at the time and was fooling about with a basement pedestal-type sump pump. I was turning it on and off constantly. Here I thought it would be a bright idea of sticking my index finger in one of the bottom intake vents which was about a cm or two deep. I turn the pump on at this moment, briefly, which sounded like a grinding noise. Needless to say, as I pull my finger out of the intake hole... with my skin loosely hanging onto it.

I went into shock so I don't remember feeling any pain. This accident of "stupid me", has left me a 1/2" permanent scar on my index finger.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join