It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm stupid, share your stupid here.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hahahahahahahahahahaha... I got so drunk that I thought that it would be really manly of me to push a 4" pocket knife through my forearm... Not so manly after I promptly passed out... After bleeding into my own drink... and all over the floor. In my drunkin stupor managed to miss all of the major veigns and arteries in my arm... All of the nerves... And both bones.
It didn't actually go all the way through but there was a 5mm lump on the back of my arm where the tip of the knife was trying to pop out!
In my defence... That day the missus and I had polised off... One and a half bottles of rum, Three bottles of wine, about one quarter of a bottle a vodka AND some coffee liquor stuff...
Hahahahahahhahahahahaha... It was pretty damn funny.... A week later.
The missus reckons that I should mention here that A week later I started a fight with 15 - 20 teenage gang members... AND WE BEAT THE PISS OUT OF THEM!!! But that is another story...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

Wow

That is a whole new level of drunken nuttery. It's actually impressive.

15-20 hoodlums? They must have been drunk or something too. Either way, I'm glad you made it. So you could share that utterly crazy story.

I have no room to give anyone advice, but you might want to tone down your shenanigans just tad.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

About a week after i first passed my driving test (long long ago in a galaxy.......well, you get the point) i decided to pull the handbrake on a hairpin bend whilst doing 80-90mph just to see what would happen.

I soon found out it isn't the best idea in the world. Somehow the car didn't flip but it did spin an awful lot and then thudded into the field next to the road, complete with one burst tyre (which was also incredibly lucky as you never have more than one spare do you?). After much cursing and blaming "Taxi Driver" (dodgy french film) rather than myself, i vowed never to do it again.

I have to say though, thinking about it now as a much more experienced driver, i think i may fare much better if i try it again.................

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

That's awesome

I only do that in rental cars. And definitely not while going 90mph, unless I'm being pursued by federal authorities.
I have found the safest thing while still having fun, is to do it on a dirt road doing 30-40mph.

But you get all the cool points for doing it at 90 on your 1st try.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I had only been legally driving a week (or possibly slightly less) at that time so i think, in fairness, i got all the stupid points rather than cool points. At least it was a quiet country road (perfect for rallying if only the Police would let you). Did rather a few extremely stupid things in those first few weeks of driving. I always thought the higher insurance costs for younger drivers were extremely unfair. Looking back now, i can see the insurers' point!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by Manhater

Yeah, that's never cool. I may have tried to drink an ashtray or two.

It was one of these..
knife

Cool knife. Gerbers are known to be razor sharp right out of the package.. Ive never seen that Gerber before, I have a few Benchmade and Microtech auto openers, but it looks like Gerber is kinda copying the design of Microtech's auto openers.

Hope you heal up fast, Since it was as a clean cut from a very sharp knife it should heal quick with minimal scaring.
edit on 2012/9/18 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I used to carry two Gerber, double edged boot knives. Haven't seen them for sale in years and figured they were banned for some reason. Black matted 440-J stainless - five inch blades- one piece tang construction - beautiful knives.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I used to carry two Gerber, double edged boot knives. Haven't seen them for sale in years and figured they were banned for some reason. Black matted 440-J stainless - five inch blades- one piece tang construction - beautiful knives.

~Heff

I never heard of 440-J Stainless steel. You sure it wasnt 440- A or 440-C. Those are the most common steels used for knives.

I agree that Gerber makes some beautiful knives and very good quality for the price. I have quite a few of them. I would trust a Gerber knife to bring to battle. With that being said Gerber uses a 440 steel that is on the softer side so it doesnt keep it edge for long but its easy to re-sharpen.

The reason I used my Benchmade and Microtech autos when I deploy is because my Benchmade is D2 steel which has a hardness of 60 and keeps it edge for a very long time, Ive had it for 4 years and Ive sharpened it once, but since it so hard its takes a while to sharpen it.

My Microtech auto opener is made with Damascus which is harder than D2 steel. Damascus has a hardness of 62, I dont even want to try to re-sharpen that. The only reason I got the Microtech is because it just looked so beautiful

heres the microtech. look closely at the blade you can see the folded steel that makes damascus steel

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

I love that knife. I've had it for about 5 yrs now. It has a little weight to it so you hammer something if you need to. The blade is good and stout so you can pry stuff or use the back side as a screwdriver without having the tip break like on benchmades. Overall it's an awesome knife. I don't go anywhere without it.

The actual cut was done by the serrations right by the handle. But yeah, the tendons look fine, strength and movement is good. A week to 10 days it'll be good as new.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Oh man...I'm gonna win this one hands down!!

Couple of weeks ago I was drilling a hole in a piece of iron mounted to a ceiling......you guessed it....I drilled myself stuck to the ceiling while standing on a ladder, nobody around and looking at my phone which I had placed on the table below me (out of reach)....

Straight through

The culprit

Had to hang my entire bodyweight on the drill to get that baby out.......

Yes, that is my index finger and it still hurts like h... Worst thing is......I am unable to comfortably pick my nose...ever!! (ever try to pick your nose with a different finger? It's impossible!!)

Peace
edit on 18-9-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Yup, you win the stupid activity title

We will now bask in the warm glow of your follies

I know a guy who chopped his big toe in half while trying to cut a stump out of his yard.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

He has a better chance at the title!! I'm not going to say "pics or it didn't happen" if you don't mind.

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I don't have any stupid left, I gave it all to my kids......And they ran with it!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

Thank you for the correction - It was, indeed, 440-C. I typo'd!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hahahahahahahahaha..............stupid..........................

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I think this thread is about to achieve Stupid Criticality from having so much in one place.

You might want to seek cover before you get some on you.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Come on people....out of +250.000 ATS members, don't tell me I'm the dumbest.

There has to be more stupid out there!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Learned my lesson not to use my soda as an astray. I put the soda in the fridge, went to get a drink, next thing that happened, let's just say it wasn't pretty.

Been there,done that.....more than once.

I can write a book about me being stupid.

We are in a bar drinking and with the beer they served us some pop corn.Someone put the pop corn next to the ashtray.It's a little dark and i was not looking while i try to grab some popcorn.So instead of popcorn i grab cigarette butts and i start chewing.My friends are on the floor laughing and i only make a comment:"damn the popcorn tastes funny."
I never swallowed them,coz a friend explained why they taste funny.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
My stupid:

Upon deploying to Afghanistan my unit were each given a custom gripped Smith and Wesson knife, Sort of like a hometown thank you. Our names were engraved in the blade along with unit etc etc. Left at home for four years. Upon arrival home I broke the knife trying to put together a computer chair. Yay me.

Boy we cant seem to handle knifes here ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
OP: that looks painful, that is a nasty stupid.

My stupid's: there's too many to list all.

I had my car on jacks with my Dad rotating the wheels, well my handbrake ain't great and as the car started to fall backwards I realised my dad was at the back of the car and grabbed under the wheel arch above a wheel already taken off and resting in the arch.
Well my hand got caught under the arch and ontop of the wheel, under the arch was very sharp and i'm lucky I didn't lose all my fingers, but when I was finally free'd my hand had a crease under the fingers that kept my hand in a claw shape and I couldn't open it up, I was stumped, then finally my dad who used to be mechanic told me to push the flesh under the skin back to it's original position, Yes it worked, I can move my hand again, I had a red line under my fingers for days.

Even younger back in my naughty days of underage smoking, I had a disposable lighter and I thought if I could get the bottom off I could refill it, I was using a very thin flat blade screwdriver, it slipped off the lighter and into the fleshy part between my thumb and index finger, about 2 inches deep.
Pulled it out straight away and never told my parents because I shouldn't have had a lighter, well the fleshy part was bruised for months and kept sweeling a little with infection, I still didn't tell and left it, luckily it healed and I was fine.

@ operation mindcrime: Did you have to drill it back out, or did you leave it for the hospital to remove?
If so how did the remove it???
edit on 20-9-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join