Video captures Romney's thoughts on Obama voters

page: 2
12
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pillock



Already scrambling to steady a struggling campaign, Republican Mitt Romney confronted a new headache after a video surfaced showing him telling wealthy donors that almost half of all Americans "believe they are victims'' entitled to extensive government support. He added that as a candidate for the White House, "my job is not to worry about those people.'' The video threatens to derail Romney's bid to win the White House, as a recent Reuters/Ipsos poll shows President Obama leading the former Massachusetts governor by 48 percent to 43 percent with only 50 days remaining the campaign. According to a video, filmed covertly at a fundraising event and leaked to news website Mother Jones, Romney said he would never convince 47 percent of voters to vote for him.


More Here

This man just shot himself in the foot I think
Please read more in the link , Its a pretty good read

Sorry but I don't know much about American politics to comment more




Obviously, you don't know very much about American politics. You clearly have no idea just how stupid we really are here in the States. I mean...as asinine as this statement is we are talking about the political party which also claims there is no scientific evidence to support global warming and that Darwinian Evolution is just "crazy talk".

In fact...this year in 2012, Gallup records that 21% of Americans believe in the existence of witches. Witches for f^cks sake! And I'm not talking about believing that some people are Wiccans or practice some form of Druidism...I'm talking about broom-riding, spell-casting, green-skinned witches.

If you think Romney simply coming out and making a statement like this which contradicts all of the scientific and factual data which suggests that that average Obama voter is BOTH wealthier AND more educated than the average GOP supporter after adjusting for the outliers of the population...then you've got another thing coming.

Christ...it's sh^t like this that wins elections in this country. Basically if Obama wants to win now he's gonna have to come out make and state that after further review his national science advisor has informed him that earthquakes and volcanic eruptions are caused by gay marriage.

The dumbest candidate wins ALMOST every single f^cking time. In fact...it's a friggin' miracle that Sarah Palin didn't push McCain to victory last go-around...it was a true anomaly in American politics.




posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   


Half the country is living off of the other half and tough decisions have to be made...


You're right. The wealthiest half of the country is siphoning the wealth off of the one's who actually produce things and aren't paying nearly enough taxes.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
reply to post by furono
 


Tired tired tired old outdated worn out threadbare argument.

Why is it the redistributionists always go to the children, police and fire protection, streets and highways, and public parks well. I gotta tell you... it's all dried up. No one is talking about those things and the only time they ever come up is when someone tries to move the discussion into an "untouchable" area.


Because that's what your taxes go to fund and the GOP refuses to cut the massive amounts of money we piss away on our utterly incompetently performed military actions.

A lot of times I really stick up for the wealthy when the ONLY solutions presented are raising taxes...but when I meet people like you I must say it becomes pretty tough to that.

In fact...I think we ought to tax you at 100% of all your assets and simply seize everything you own so it can be redistributed to a "real American" who actually cares what happens to his fellow citizens.

You are a traitor to your own people, and disgrace to this country. I am ashamed to call you my countryman.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Originally posted by DarkSecret
OK this is it for me. I was all in for Ron Paul and I think the prez hasn't kept a lot of his promises (close Guantanamo, stop wars, and instead he signed NDAA) but with the current options I'm voting Obama. I really tried to like Romney but with all his blunders and picking rubber-stamp Ryan as a VP, the Akin rape comments, it's just too much for me. I'll mail my ballot in tomorrow and it will be all democrat.


Seriously, even when I was fresh out of college, working for a lousy 30+K I was paying taxes AND paying for my health insurance AND my car payment. I didn't get any help from the govt or tax cuts or whatever and now Romney openly insults half the country that he wants to be prez of? I respected Bush for trying to be an average guy and I liked Cheney for his diabolical leadership but I'm DONE with the republican party, especially with Ron Paul retired!


That doesn't sound very smart.

Voting Obama is actually, the least intelligent thing I could ever do. I'd rather not vote.

Obama wants to raise taxes, he is an absolute disaster and you want to vote for him because of what someone else said?


Don't vote.


What's wrong with raising taxes?



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret
OK this is it for me. I was all in for Ron Paul and I think the prez hasn't kept a lot of his promises (close Guantanamo, stop wars, and instead he signed NDAA) but with the current options I'm voting Obama. I really tried to like Romney but with all his blunders and picking rubber-stamp Ryan as a VP, the Akin rape comments, it's just too much for me. I'll mail my ballot in tomorrow and it will be all democrat.


Seriously, even when I was fresh out of college, working for a lousy 30+K I was paying taxes AND paying for my health insurance AND my car payment. I didn't get any help from the govt or tax cuts or whatever and now Romney openly insults half the country that he wants to be prez of? I respected Bush for trying to be an average guy and I liked Cheney for his diabolical leadership but I'm DONE with the republican party, especially with Ron Paul retired!


You can always vote for Gary Johnson. I voted for Obama in '08...but I just can't bring myself to do so after the NDAA, NDRA, and the drones. I look at it as though THIS election is a lost cause...but IF a third party can pull 5-15% of the vote in three CONSECUTIVE election cycles...we might have at least a snowball's chance in hell of taking the country back in the 2032 elections.

Plus...most of the Baby 'Boomers will be dead by then...so that will help.

I'm playing the long game.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by 11235813213455
reply to post by furono
 


Tired tired tired old outdated worn out threadbare argument.

Why is it the redistributionists always go to the children, police and fire protection, streets and highways, and public parks well. I gotta tell you... it's all dried up. No one is talking about those things and the only time they ever come up is when someone tries to move the discussion into an "untouchable" area.


Because that's what your taxes go to fund and the GOP refuses to cut the massive amounts of money we piss away on our utterly incompetently performed military actions.

A lot of times I really stick up for the wealthy when the ONLY solutions presented are raising taxes...but when I meet people like you I must say it becomes pretty tough to that.

In fact...I think we ought to tax you at 100% of all your assets and simply seize everything you own so it can be redistributed to a "real American" who actually cares what happens to his fellow citizens.

You are a traitor to your own people, and disgrace to this country. I am ashamed to call you my countryman.



This has to be the biggest clown car of d-bag statements I think I have read on ATS.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by 11235813213455
reply to post by furono
 


Tired tired tired old outdated worn out threadbare argument.

Why is it the redistributionists always go to the children, police and fire protection, streets and highways, and public parks well. I gotta tell you... it's all dried up. No one is talking about those things and the only time they ever come up is when someone tries to move the discussion into an "untouchable" area.


Because that's what your taxes go to fund and the GOP refuses to cut the massive amounts of money we piss away on our utterly incompetently performed military actions.

A lot of times I really stick up for the wealthy when the ONLY solutions presented are raising taxes...but when I meet people like you I must say it becomes pretty tough to that.

In fact...I think we ought to tax you at 100% of all your assets and simply seize everything you own so it can be redistributed to a "real American" who actually cares what happens to his fellow citizens.

You are a traitor to your own people, and disgrace to this country. I am ashamed to call you my countryman.



This has to be the biggest clown car of d-bag statements I think I have read on ATS.



Why's that? Because I have the balls to not whine about $60,000 per year of income taxes I pay in order to keep the United States at least an approximation of a First World country?

Much like Steven King and Warren Buffet, I am one of those in the higher tax brackets that wrote my Congressman and told them to raise my taxes. I love my country, and it is my patriotic duty to pay back the system which has rewarded me so well.

Unlike you...I don't expect to get something for nothing. I don't think my government owes me the infrastructure, stable poltical climate, and well educated public which I have utilized for my benefit. I'm not looking for a free lunch like you are.

Now pay your damn taxes and quit whining. You disgust me.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


How the eff did you ever get that impression of me? I strongly suggest you do some homework and read an informative number of my previous posts before you go on a slash and burn ace.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


How the eff did you ever get that impression of me? I strongly suggest you do some homework and read an informative number of my previous posts before you go on a slash and burn ace.



Hey..if I'm wrong I'll be the first to retract.

It sure does seem to me though that you see some sort of a problem with having a country that doesn't let it's hungry starve and it's sick die if they are poor.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Unlike you I'm not a redistributionists who nievely believes that it's my patriotic duty to overpay on his taxes. That has got to be one of the goofiest likes I think I have seen you parrot.

You wanna give more? Go ahead.. No skin off my sack.. Reading what you've been writing that is your measure of an American.

Trust me when I say that I pay plenty as it is. Is time for the federal government to start doing more with less like the rest of us.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Trust me when I say that I pay plenty as it is. Is time for the federal government to start doing more with less like the rest of us.


Sure...I'll go with that. There's certainly lots of waste in government spending...but that doesn't mean that the SOLUTION is to just take a big sh^t on 50% of our population.

There are ALL KINDS of things we can cut LONG BEFORE we cut ANY social programs. Like our ridiculous and poorly executed wars of imperial conquest which we are losing. Badly.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by 11235813213455
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Trust me when I say that I pay plenty as it is. Is time for the federal government to start doing more with less like the rest of us.


Sure...I'll go with that. There's certainly lots of waste in government spending...but that doesn't mean that the SOLUTION is to just take a big sh^t on 50% of our population.

There are ALL KINDS of things we can cut LONG BEFORE we cut ANY social programs. Like our ridiculous and poorly executed wars of imperial conquest which we are losing. Badly.


You are so duplicitous. In one sentence you bash government for not being the answer and then in the next you sat idiotic things like you want to give them more money because they are the answer.

Seems like you will take any position to copy and paste a good quote line.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by 11235813213455
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


Trust me when I say that I pay plenty as it is. Is time for the federal government to start doing more with less like the rest of us.


Sure...I'll go with that. There's certainly lots of waste in government spending...but that doesn't mean that the SOLUTION is to just take a big sh^t on 50% of our population.

There are ALL KINDS of things we can cut LONG BEFORE we cut ANY social programs. Like our ridiculous and poorly executed wars of imperial conquest which we are losing. Badly.


You are so duplicitous. In one sentence you bash government for not being the answer and then in the next you sat idiotic things like you want to give them more money because they are the answer.

Seems like you will take any position to copy and paste a good quote line.


Not at all. I agree that there is a HELL of a lot of room for improvement in how the government uses it's money. I ALSO think it's downright treasonous to turn my back on my fellow American citizens just so I can buy another house or a nicer car, or some goofy ass boat.

If we all put a TENTH of the effort into pressuring the government to publish ALL OF THEIR PURCHASING RECORDS online as we do in whining about how much we pay in taxes and quite literally taking food away from children we would be MILES ahead of where we are today.

Government IS a big part of the solution. Just not OUR GOVERNMENT AS IT IS STRUCTURED TODAY.

That being said...government waste or not...only the most despicable and loathsome of human beings sells out his countrymen and the nations infrastructure in exchange for a few lousy percent extra in their tax rate.

Now..grow a pair of balls and pay your fair share in the meantime.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder
 


You seem to have a testicle fixation tonight...Something bugging you?

While it pains me to tacitly agree with your last screed we part ways in regards to how much the government makes off of me.

The problem I see with you is I think you use this forum to be boastful (if it were true) about how much money you make. You also like to use your bank account as a bludgeon to try to prove in some assinine way that we are all a bunch of whiners and should be paying more because dang it!!... You just hate America and are a treasonous traitor of the lowest scum sucking kind if you want to keep your money!!!



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder


Now pay your damn taxes and quit whining. You disgust me.


I'm not sure how you've been brainwashed into thinking paying your taxes is patriotic or 'helps the poor'.

Best save your tax dollars and donate to a charity.

en.wikipedia.org...

You're money is going to the Federal Reserve; it's not helping anyone. Why do you think the national debt keeps skyrocketing?

I won't give these crooks a penny more than I have to. 40% of my income already goes to taxes, and it is disgusting.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Romney's telling it like it is pure and simple. As I always say, anyone who is still for Obama is either on the dole, or they are friends with those who are, they want others to be on the dole, or they would like it for themselves. There are a lot of hard working people out there who will not vote for Obama. In fact, many of those who are the very hardest working will not allow themselves to do so. This is not about class division or a division between those who are affluent and those who are not, it is an extremely basic and fundamental ideological division. Do you see government welfare as fostering dependence and poverty or do you see it is as a tool of independence? I would submit, as it is currently set up, it overwhelmingly fosters dependence and tends to make people wards of the state. I don't see what the big huff is about, I think if it were not hidden audio it would not be so much of an issue. This could have been said at the main convention as far as I am concerned; no, this will only upset those who are Obama supporters. Liberals won't understand that it makes no difference to conservatives, because they would say the same thing as Romney themselves.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
nothing gave me more pleasure than watching Romney's campaign self destruct with this video. laughed so hard, at the same time here in Australia one of the opposition party's idiots opened his big stupid mouth and had to resign by the end of the day. Hillarious



posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thank you for your comments Milo, and also your suggestion that we could vote for Gary Johnson.

It's appalling the way he's been sidelined by the MSM and in the debate forums, etc. He's a good man and deserves to have everyone know about him before they vote this November. We DO have another choice between a robot that doesn't even have a clue what 'middle class' is, and someone who has repeatedly lied to us about what he'll do and has signed anti-Constitutional laws into place.

Please everyone, check out Gary Johnson. And consider that if you haven't heard a word about a popular two term governor who will be on the ballot in all 50 states (no thanks to Romney, whose lawyers are trying their damnest to block him) then maybe you haven't heard about him because the two party system doesn't WANT you to hear...
this guy is the real deal, a fiscal conservative and a social liberal.

www.youtube.com...





top topics
 
12
<< 1   >>

log in

join