It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone confirm this? skitzofrenia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Is this really what it's like to have skitzofrenia?

That is creepy as hell!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
No, that is totally what it's not like, stupid video was giving me schizophrenia.

Guys, I would skip this if I were you.

I want my 2 minutes back.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My uncle is extreme paranormal schizophrenic and he has moments of lucidity .. he describes his experiences as dream like .. he doesn't hear voices so the whispering has nothing to do with him.. his is mostly paranoia .. he has delusions.. he thinks the government is spying on him through lightbulbs.. or that he is communicating with other planets through the radio .. as crazy as that sounds ( and it is ) .. it's not as the video portrays.. at least not as he explains it in his lucid moments..

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
At least in my experience ... this video is not accurate... others may chime in....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I'm sorry I'm just curious

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It could be, depending on how you experience schizophrenia, not everyone is same. I think this is a very extreme example.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I can confirm that the video is similar to what some people experience. I had a good friend who became schizo in her twenties after living on ramen noodles and methamphetamine for months (drug induced schizophrenia). She had severe delusions that there was an old woman in her backyard who kept yelling insulting things at her, night and day. So my friend put foil on all the windows and then taped them up so tightly no light could get through, but she said she could still hear the old woman cursing her.

I took her to the psych ward for some help, and on the way she was saying, "Did you hear what that woman just said to me in that car over there?? She said I was a bitch!" I looked at the woman, and she was staring blankly ahead, just stuck in traffic like everybody else.

In essence, my friend would think she would hear voices from strangers talking mean things about her, and also see people and hear their insults when there was nobody there.

It is a type of hell in which the senses go haywire and one cannot count on their eyes, ears, sense of touch and taste, ect. Too much imput from sources that originate from inside the mind. It is a terrible illness, it isn't fun and cute like they make it out to be in the movies.

The two typical types are the one like my friend, sorta paranoid and assumes people are talking smack to her, and the other kind, less common, are the ones who think they hear God and he tells them to do all kinds of things.

In any case, the video is somewhat correct. There is the "real world" that we all recognize, and then there is the extra input, which the schizophrenic cannot determine whether it is real or fake, but because it sounds so real, they assume that it is.

This illness destroys lives and is painful and scary to deal with. I know I was pretty freaked out when I saw how my friend went from a lucid, sane person to a rambling, freaked-out crazy who was seeing and hearing things, and she was running around all hours of the night to try and block it all out without success. Thank God for modern medicine in these cases.

Long story short, she did eventually get back to normal, but the damage done from the meth will linger in her brain forever, sadly to say. She may have a relapse someday.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Wow I can only imagine how frightening it can be living in these conditions...I really hoped that this was false, thanks for the info everyone.

top topics

join