It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney has no plan to fix the economy. He says if he wins it will boost itself. But he says he may b

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Face it maties... Romney is a bilge-sucking son of a biscuit eater.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by thepresident

Haha, want to know why unemployment LOOKS so low? Because people quit looking!!!

'Discouraged' is not just a state of mind. It's an official term the Labor Department uses to describe the 844,000 people who last month had given up on trying to find a job because they didn't think there was anything out there for them.

www.npr.org...
That is more than DOUBLE the number from 2008.

The point is... If Obama remains in office and economy picks up, the GOP and friends are gonna
be in one hell of political situation.

You keep telling yourself that the economy is recessing, you guys are gonna be owned by your
own pessimistic rhetoric.

Well they do intend to eat the rich......and this is never good. But, I see the extent of your economic understanding is like rolling dice or something.

As someone said.....the POTUS has little effect on the economy but some will lead you to understand they do. At least Mitt isnt talking a bunch of trash about Him saving the economy. Obama has just promised that he will amintain the gray train, eat the rich, and drive around town tossing gold coin to the unwashed masses.

While it is Romney who have never been part of the masses in the first place...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So when Romney says he will do nothing and the economy will fix itself is he referring to not extending tax cuts as the this post is about?www.abovetopsecret.com... If you follow the story back to its source it is a 2011 story that says don't extend tax cuts for the rich and the economy will be better in just a few years. But since the tax cuts got extended and the credit of the US was down graded because of the Tea Party games the whole story of do nothing no longer works. And Romney would only make it worse with bigger tax cuts for the rich.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Puppets don't have plans, they react to the movements of the puppeteer. Romney has no magic underwear solutions to fix the economy because he comes from the very mindset that destroyed it in the first place. Furthermore, he really has no plans to improve anything, other than his own wealth & stature. Just look at what he said about mid-east peace;

www.theaustralian.com.au...

"I look at the Palestinians not wanting to see peace anyway, for political purposes, committed to the destruction and elimination of Israel, and these thorny issues, and I say there's just no way," Mr Romney said.

"You move things along the best way you can. You hope for some degree of stability, but you recognise that this is going to remain an unsolved problem -- and we kick the ball down the field and hope that ultimately, somehow, something will happen and resolve it."

Just punt the ball down-field and hope that someone on your team picks it up. Now that's what I call a plan.

The guy is a mindless idiot, just like the party he represents and that's why it's imploding upon itself as we speak.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

WOW. Do you actually know anything about the 2008 housing collapse? Government interference? Are you kidding me? That is directly what so many influential people fought against leading up to the collapse. Alan Greenspan, Bob Rubin, Larry Summers... Ever heard of Brooksley Born? As head of the CFTC she was making waves trying to implement regulation. She knew there was a systemic problem in the works and wanted to help regulate derivatives before it was too late. She was practically forced out for doing so. Problem was, she turned out to be right. The only government interference led to risky lending and it was deliberate.

Did you watch Greenspan on Capital Hill when he admitted that his fundamental view on the world had been drastically and dangerously wrong for his more than 40 years of government service? Greenspan comes from the Ayn Rand ideological realm in which they believe government should stay out of the market and the market will take care of itself. He admitted he was wrong. If you know anything at all about derivatives, CDO's, sub-prime mortgage backed securities, you know that it creates a literal minefield with toxic assets hidden throughout the market.

That is actually one of the funniest things I have ever read on ATS. The housing collapse was a direct result of NO government interference. Stop listening to what the media tells you and go and do some research, please.

You are right that Obama has helped create uncertain economic climates, mostly by continuing past policies that have already failed before. He cannot be solely blamed for what is happening. Washington refuses to invest in the middle class. If they actually wanted to fix the problems that are symptoms of our economic system in and of itself, such as jobs being continually lost, they would pump money into the middle class. The Federal Reserve has just taken action to do the opposite. They are putting vast amounts of money in the hands of investors and people who are already rich. They will not create jobs, only destabilize the market even more with their risky lending. This problem goes way deeper than 'Obama is to blame'. There is a reason that companies have records amount of cash but jobs are not being created, if you actually take the time to do some research, you will find out why. Obama is continuing the failed policies of past President's and economic 'gurus' and the system is cyclical. It will get worse and it will repeat.
edit on 19-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Well said Patriot Games.
The destruction of the country continues on because of the people in the government setting policy who come from the Multi National Corporations and Wall Street Banks

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The best thing a President can do for the economy is get out of the way. Want to know what spurred the housing collapse? Government interference.

Talk about not knowing how the economy works....

The housing market collapsed because of greed by the banks.

www.stockpickssystem.com...
wiki.answers.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

All true. But to really be fair about it...it is Congress who votes for, or refuses to vote for (filibuster), or votes against the bills that let this go on. That's why we have it that way...so one man can't make all the rules...funny how when complaints are raised, all the fingers point to one man and everyone is satisfied to blame that one. On the other hand, I hear a lot about how Obama has 'too much power.' We can't have it both ways. So we have it THEIR way.

They (Congress) could have easily fixed it by passing the bill that the Senate sent to the House, that revamped Bush's catastrophic tax cuts by keeping the ones for the people under $250,000 but not those above...and taking out all the corporate loopholes. But all the House Republicans except one voted against it...and 9 Democrats (I think it was 9) voted against it, too. The Senate passed in in a bipartisan vote but it didn't get past the House.

So now they are blaming it on Obama...but Boehner and Ryan and everyone else knows exactly what happened and why and how.

They insisted that it was either the whole thing extended or none at all. If it had been none at all, then the people under

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
Why would I create more jobs when it not only cuts into my profits, but also there is no increased demand?
The company I work for will not hire anyone unless it is busy enough and warrants it.

Originally posted by jacobe001
It is all based on supply and demand.
If demand does not go up, neither will supply, and consequently jobs either.

Demand needs to be supported with people that have money to spend.

reply to post by wascurious

Romney did not say it was magic nor did he say it would happen overnight. I love how you twist things and do not respong to hard facts and numbers.
FACT: Companies have record amounts of cash
FACT: They are not creating jobs.

Obama creates uncertain economic climates, remove the uncertainty and businesses will START the process of healing the economy. No faeries. No Magic. No instant gratification.

It will take time, but right now we are trending in the wrong direction. 384,000 people stopped looking for work last month. More obama business as usual.

Last I checked more jobs means more money to spend which means more demand, which becomes a self perpetuating cycle. As I already posted, businesses have a HUGE hoard of cash on hand to create jobs. They have not done so because they have no idea what Obama is going to do and need cash to shield themselves. Get rid of that fear, and the money can start flowing.

Because holding money does nothing? Businesses understand putting money to work makes more money. As they put the money to work demand will be created, creating jobs, creating more demand, creating more jobs. It does not happen overnight, it takes time for the gears to get oiled. Holding money will ALWAYS cause stagnation, which is what we have today.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I can't see videos. I have seen a lot of gaffe and flip flop claims, I have yet to see muchin the way of actual flip flopping.

Then I suggest you go to the library (You know one of those things taxes pay for) and watch the videos.

When you go there watch this video it completely destroys your argument that government can’t create jobs.

edit on 19-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

So a video on youtube proves it? Sweet I guess Niburu is real too, Youtube says so.

Even with all the attention on hiring, the government’s ability to create jobs is pretty dispiriting, no matter who is in charge.

Can Politicians Really Create Jobs?

"One way of answering the question is that the economy is the job creator,"

Who creates jobs? How economists see the Obama-Romney debate.

But hey, if you prefer Youtube go for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

You say you have never seen Romney flip flop and try to deflect from it with a off the wall comment.

I give you proof that he has from You Tube video's

You bash YouTube and try to deflect again.

I doubt you watched any of them because you said you couldn’t.

I don’t think I will waste any more time on you.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You say you have never seen Romney flip flop and try to deflect from it with a off the wall comment.

I give you proof that he has from You Tube video's

You bash YouTube and try to deflect again.

I doubt you watched any of them because you said you couldn’t.

I don’t think I will waste any more time on you.

I cited actual reputable sources saying that Government can't create jobs, the economy creates jobs. Exactly what Romney said.

Your quote:

When you go there watch this video it completely destroys your argument that government can’t create jobs.

Sorry, I destroyed your stance with actual sources. I don't doubt you will stop replying to me, hard to win a debate when you have zero facts.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The GOP stance.

Sorry Occam I know you can’t watch video’s.

You just made it to easy.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

What does Santorum have to do with Romney? Nothing? Ok thought so.

Edit: You keep making this mistake in thinking I am some GOP lover. I am not a Republican. I do not like Republicans. Democrats tend to be slightly worse, but both disgust me.
edit on 20-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
kind of wondering if it's not like how the hostages were finally freed in iran....after reagan took office...

I would be very, very suspicious if it did just magically get better upon romney's election.

we are all just hostages to the political nutcases battling for power??

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Classic film plot line.

Mitt is supposed to take a dive in round 4 of the fight...

but he is taking dive in the first.

LOL. As opposed to having 4 years in the white house to prove he couldnt! What a gas! Hows that "trickle down" stimulus working out for everybody? Now they want more....taxes likem a drug fix. At lest Mitts not saying he as pres can just wave a majic wand.

When Obama has 4 more and the economy revs up, it is going to explode many heads.

Watch your head

Yep, and we dont even know how hes going to do it......just believe.......just believe......its a sort of mystic mountain economic recovery......cant tell you about it now......just wait untill that head explodes

yup, things stay exactly the same for 1,400 days. Plus there has been no improvement in the
last 1,400 days, we are still losing 750,000 jobs a month and the DOW is at 7,300

the entire US economy is dependent upon Obama

edit on 19-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

How can anyone come to this site and learn about:

Global banking and fiat currency
TPTB/The Elite
The lies in war
The propaganda of religion
etc;

And still fall prey to political rhythm of business. Neither Obama nor Romney have any intent to fix anything. The POTUS has been handed a script ever since freedom died on the back seat of a convertible in Dallas.

Either get smart or stay trapped but stop acting like you are denying ignorance and then arguing over:

Blue/Red
Black/White
Democrat/Republican

This system is not meant to be fixed .It is the distraction while the bank vault is emptied before moving back to Russia or on to Brazil.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by JBA2848

That is a pretty overinflated ego. He thinks markets will come back for no other reason than he would be president.

Corporations have a higher share of cash on their balance sheets than at any time in nearly half a century, as businesses build up buffers rather than invest in new plants or hiring.

online.wsj.com...
www.cnbc.com...
No, it's a fact. Obama creates an air of uncertainty. In uncertain times people and companies hoard cash. As soon as Obama is gone Romney can allay corporate fears and get the money moving. THAT will spur the economy most likely. As Romney said, there are no guarantees, only good plans and bad plans. His is a good one.

President Mitt Romney has a great plan.

-- Undo everything Obama has done. --

-- Lower the price of gas to $2 a gallon --

Here's the Electoral Map for November 7, 2012:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Awesome.
That sounds great.
It is impossible though.
Too bad Mitt is lying to you.

Feel free to prove me wrong. I would be happy to be wrong about Mitt being able to decide the price of gas for Americans.

I will be waiting with baited breath.
I do not expect anything other than this in return

"Romney will win and make everything awesome and Palin will help him do it."
No details, facts, or anything of substance ever comes from your posts.

I would LOVE for you to explain how Mitt is gonna do this.
I know you are already realizing you can never do this. Luckily someone starred your post. They can help you out.
edit on 22-9-2012 by wascurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
How can anyone come to this site and learn about:

Global banking and fiat currency
TPTB/The Elite
The lies in war
The propaganda of religion
etc;

And still fall prey to political rhythm of business. Neither Obama nor Romney have any intent to fix anything. The POTUS has been handed a script ever since freedom died on the back seat of a convertible in Dallas.

Either get smart or stay trapped but stop acting like you are denying ignorance and then arguing over:

Blue/Red
Black/White
Democrat/Republican

This system is not meant to be fixed .It is the distraction while the bank vault is emptied before moving back to Russia or on to Brazil.

Because you just making things up and saying they are true do not make it so.
ATS is so full of empty, baseless claims that NEVER get backed up.

Suppose you have the "script?" Know where it comes from exactly? Have anything resembling a factual statement you can offer?

This place is nothing like the reputation it carries. There is just as much just saying things you hope are true without even trying to back them up in reality as on GLP.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Awesome.
That sounds great.
It is impossible though.
Too bad Mitt is lying to you.

Feel free to prove me wrong. I would be happy to be wrong about Mitt being able to decide the price of gas for Americans.

I will be waiting with baited breath.
I do not expect anything other than this in return

"Romney will win and make everything awesome and Palin will help him do it."
No details, facts, or anything of substance ever comes from your posts.

I would LOVE for you to explain how Mitt is gonna do this.
I know you are already realizing you can never do this. Luckily someone starred your post. They can help you out.
edit on 22-9-2012 by wascurious because: (no reason given)

Mitt Romney is going to make gas cheaper by invading Iran!

Once he destabilizes the middle East, Romney issue an executive order renaming 8oz of liquid
measurement "Gallon" - These "Gallons" will sell for $2.00, bada boom

Let freedom ram! (our whatever that saying is)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join