It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cane rat meat 'sold to public' in Ridley Road Market

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kolya

Here's your star.

Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by 12voltz

Rat Milk seriously is gross

Give me rat meat over rat milk anyday.

If I had no choice that is

Which I do.

SAY NO TO RAT MILK !!!!

No ones business you want to suck that things nipples
Would I? If I was really plastered maybe

This guy has had his share

edit on 18-9-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Also, to clarify the story: If people would bother to read into a story rather than just watching a video or (worse) using the OP as their sole basis of information (I don't mean literally this thread's OP, I mean any thread's OP that sets out the topic) then it would be obvious that this isn't some moronic "corporations making the UK eat rats" rubbish...

Long story short: A lot of money to be made in catering (pardon the pun) to the 'bush meat' market in the UK, mostly consisting of African or Middle Eastern migrants. In this case, Cane Rat, but others include 'normal' meat prepared in certain ways (for example 'smokies' - blowtorched goat). Bush meat is against the law either because of import law (think endangered species) or on health grounds - the latter most of the time, since particular cuts or types of meat involve how they're kept/prepared as well as simply what they are. The rules in this area are all to do with keeping out of the food chain any nasty s**t someone can catch from the meat to begin with (if applicable) and also because if you allow meat to be sold, in some cases, putrefying right there in the shop window then where do you draw the line with regard to what's "fit for consumption"?

EDIT: Pssst, wanna buy some dog milk?
edit on 18/9/2012 by Kolya because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I saw this on the News yesterday, was going to thread it myself but decided not to bother...

I find it kind of disgusting... the thought of eating 'rats' but this isn't really about the rat.... its more about the way its bought into the Country... that and other Bushmeat! It's not being tested for any dangerous bacteria which could have bad health effects!!

I was actually wondering if the blood of one of these animals is carrying 'E-Bola' or 'AIDS' could this survive during travel?

And wouldn't this be a very bad start to a very bad Pandemic??

And there has been an outbreak of E-Bola in Uganda I think so who knows what could be carried in the blood of an Animal! yes, I know the Animal is dead but what about a Virus?
edit on 18-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
why are so many people getting hung up over the word " rat " - despite 4 ATS members explaining that the " cane rat " is not actually a rat - but a small african herbivore

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Not a rat? Do you mean in a "It's not Rat like we think Rat" way? Because that's true, but it IS still a wild rodent. I know that you know, but for the benefit of the people who never check out links or do their own reading, "not a rat" will get them thinking it's actually a fish or something silly...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join