It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cane rat meat 'sold to public' in Ridley Road Market

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Cane rat meat 'sold to public' in Ridley Road Market

www.bbc.co.uk

Cane rats and "shocking" quantities of illegal and "potentially unsafe" meat have been sold to the public in east London, a BBC London undercover investigation has found.

Secret filming in one of the capital's busiest food markets has revealed butchers and food stores prepared to sell large quantities of meat that break food safety laws.

West African and environmental health officer sources told the BBC the Ridley Road Market, in Dalston, was a known hotbed of illicit meat activity, including
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-9-2012 by CaptainBeno because: pics

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Whoa! Okaaay? Um, I have not been to the UK for quite a while but it looks like things are really on the fringe of insanity?

Why the hell would you eat Rat meat? Are things that bad in the UK economy that people have to turn to eating this stuff? Or are they being sold the meat as "something else" ? Mmmmm delicious lamb?? This is crazy.

"This is shocking, I am just so shocked to see so much of it," said Paul Povey, one of the UK's leading experts in meat hygiene and inspections and a member of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, who examined the meat for the BBC.

Yuk! Not for me thanks.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
it is shocking. Think I am going to vomit.

next it will be rat milk.

excuse me....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
in some places rat is considered a delicacy ... not bad either when cooked proper ...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Rat Milk?..................Now that gives me an idea.......

edit on 17-9-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Edit: That's doesn't look like your sterotypical rat to me. I was picturing a normal "New York City rat".
Not too bad.

-SAP-
edit on 17-9-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
in some places rat is considered a delicacy ... not bad either when cooked proper ...

Not your every day table fare for sure, but this article should clarify what rat they are talking about..

www.theworld.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

awwww, they are too cute to eat......

humans are so mean...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That is a seriously sized rat!!!!?? Holy S..............................

Ok, now I can see why they might eat these things.

Still, it's preparation looks disgusting, plus the way it's stored....not good.

Whoa!!! still can't get over the size of that sucker!!!!!!!
edit on 17-9-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2012 by CaptainBeno because: picture

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I do not see any problem with this. if you have ever ate squirrel , you have ate rat. is eating rat less "romantic" than eating beef? I dont know if any one has ever been to a slaughter house, or a mega cattle farm, not only are they absolutely disgusting, they are an ecological disaster. if these rats are properly harvested from the cane fields, and are not some nasty urban sewer rat being passed off as a cane rat, then this is a double bonus. protecting the cane , or is this about some government agency not "authorizing" these for consumption? I smell a rat tax.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't see any problem with Cane Rat meat eating. I remember going to Fort Sherman in Panama in the early 80s. We took the train to Panama City where I saw this cart vendor with little deep fried monkeys on a stick ..... on an open air cart! A few were greenish looking ..... no, I didn't try it!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Prepare the bucket

www.dailysquib.co.uk...
Heather Mills to Open Giant Rat Milk Farm in UK
'She was brimming with excitement at the prospect of bringing back the giant rats to the UK for the purposes of breeding and milking them for mass human consumption.'

ETA source quality not verified could and most probably is BS

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Hell, you can eat earthworms. The really nasty food people are eating is coming out of sterile little bags and drive through windows, not a rat's ribcage.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Rat Milk?? LOL....Reminds me of Meet the Fockers milking the Cat Scene.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

"YOU SOLD ME RAT MEAT YOU DIRTY B-TARD!"

Gross!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by magma

Prepare the bucket

www.dailysquib.co.uk...
Heather Mills to Open Giant Rat Milk Farm in UK
'She was brimming with excitement at the prospect of bringing back the giant rats to the UK for the purposes of breeding and milking them for mass human consumption.'

ETA source quality not verified could and most probably is BS

That website appears like the British equivalent of the Onion.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Ohhh nooooo....I hope Chuck 'E' Cheese gets a proper burial!!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well it doesnt surprise me one bit.
Quite a few tv shows have been promoting the idea that rotten fish is actualy ok provided you cook it properly.

With corporations running our countries NOTHING that could turn a profit will be wasted, whether its rotten stinking fish or the rats that infest the slaughter houses.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

shish-kabobs anyone????

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Btw, here is a news video regarding this rat meat market...very interesting! You should see the look on the seller's faces when the news reporter confronts them on their underground rat sale

edit on 17-9-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join