It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Romney Unit writes off half the USA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Mittens?

how cute... and also, weird.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
REad the full context and it is quite clear that Romney is stating that he cannot rely on their vote. They have too much to lose if they let Obama go. Obama made sure of that. Our Community Organizer in Chief had many years to perfect the one thing he is good at.... The entitlement society has gotten way to comfortable and their numbers continue to grow to the point the our nation will be forever out of balance as the true middle class continues to labor and struggle just to support these people who give nothing and take everything. That model has failed throughout history and has failed in modern Europe and it will fail in the United States..... All according to plan...

Amazing!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Originally posted by desert
Will someone please explain to me how Romney equates "the 47% of Americans who pay no income tax" with the "47% of the people who will vote for Obama"? This makes no sense to me.

I actually think he has the idea that 47% of Americans (the same ones who vote for Obama) Are willingly leaching off the system. They are poor, lazy and feel "entitled" to be taken care of. You have to look at it from Romney's point of view. He was born into wealth. He has never known anything different. He has had it easy all his life. And he has NO CLUE how real people live.

He is also not that bright. He's not thinking of the millions of elderly who have worked their whole lives and are now living their retirement years, OR the wealthy 1% whose income is from capital gains... If you think about it, considering how many people don't vote, he has just mixed up all the numbers and come out with a nice "talking point" that will get the wealthy (but not bright) all worked up.

Who are the 47%?

Taxpayers, the poor, the elderly, students and the wealthiest... Many are also conservatives. (What does he think? There are no poor conservatives or elderly conservatives???)

Most are taxpayers…
The dangerous misconception of the 47 percent argument, according to Kevin Roose writing in New York magazine, Daily Kos’s Jed Lewison, and the Washington Post’s Brad Plummer, is that it is too often misinterpreted to mean that 47 percent of households pay no taxes at all, that they’re freeloaders. But the truth is that only 18.1 percent of households pay no tax—two thirds of the households that pay no income tax still pay payroll tax. (Many, says Plummer, actually pay it at higher rates than Romney.)

He just has NO CLUE and he's slimy. A toxic combination.

To be fair, I don't think he meant he doesn't care about these people. He doesn't care about their vote because he knows he can't get it. He "forgot" about all the conservatives who don't pay taxes... Neither does he consider the MILLIONS who vote for Obama who DO pay taxes - people like me. HOLLYWOOD, for Christ's sake! There are plenty of wealthy and middle class people who pay taxes AND vote for Obama... It was just the stupidest thing for him to say...
edit on 9/18/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Well, I don't see anything wrong with being entitled to food, shelter and healthcare. Doesn't that kind of sound like a good idea?

If your plan, as President, is to take this away from people, and replace it with a country where people work in factories with guard towers for $3.00 a day...

Wtf

edit on 18-9-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Well, Mittens just screwed up even more. He was caught on a recording writing off half the country - www.huffingtonpost.com...
Does anyone else have the feeling that The Romney Unit is suffering from severe software failure?

IS HE WRONG? If he's not wrong, than he is just telling the truth. do you want another leader who lies?

some people will never get any point of view or point you make

And I for one agree( 47%will support any "Democrat" no matter what..)..it is proven here daily( and you know who you are...)

edit on 18-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You're wrong. The 47% of people, only a minor portion were unemployed. Most were poverty level woking people and retired SS recipients.

Romney seems to be referring to the estimated 47 percent of Americans who did not owe federal income taxes in 2011 because their incomes were so low that they qualified for a tax credit, or because they didn't work at all. Last year, 22 percent of people who didn't owe income taxes were elderly people on Social Security, and an additional 17 percent were students, disabled people or the unemployed. More than 60 percent of the group were low-income workers, many of whom qualified for the child tax credit or the earned income tax credit. (These workers did pay payroll taxes for Social Security and other programs.

news.yahoo.com...

edit on 18-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm not surprised that something like this would happen. Obama was obviously chosen to get re-elected
edit on 18-9-2012 by Deedsy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm not interested in what Romney Robots have to say anymore. You are finished, and there is not a single thing you can do to stop Obama from winning anymore. The election is effectively over, regardless of what you think is right or wrong. Romney is a deluded psychopath who hates America from the bottom up. He could come out and declare himself Satan tomorrow and there would still be 40%+ voting for him because of some delusional hatred they have conjured for themselves about Obama. You guys have just proven to me once and for all that you are the liability and cancer destroying this country.

And when you finally do somehow reach the age of retirement, don't come banging on my door asking for a government handout. You should get zero, nada, zip for voting for this guy. You literally should have a condition attached to your ballot saying you get no federal assistance in any way by voting for him for the rest of your life.

If you can't do that, then I guess you are just hypocritical failures that didn't earn their fair share and part of the 47% he doesn't give a #### about.

When will people understand that unless you are rolling the big money that this man doesn't give a hoot about you or what you think. This is the end-game of money in politics. A person with such an immoral character as to sell out half the country for a tax cut for himself and his donators.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is what I thought about Republicans for a long time. Tax cut for the rich and everyone else can drop dead for all they care. For someone who tries to paint himself as a moral upstanding pillar of society I found Romney's comments outrageous and offensive. Is he actually suggesting children should be allowed to starve if they have no food? If there is a famine in Africa we all say how terrible it is and try to help.

In a rich country like America why should anyone starve? In Australia and most other western countries we have universal free healthcare. We believe every citizen should have access to health and education and not starve. It benefits the whole society.

Romney is a right-wing fascist piece of filth.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
He also made the comment that this 47% feels like they are victims. They are victims in a sense. Most Americans didn't cause the financial collapse, most Americans didn't cause jobs to be shipped overseas, most Americans didn't cause their wages to drop or their standard of living to collapse...

So yeah...many Americans DO feel like they are victims...and depending on what income line you are looking from...they are correct.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Whats really going to chap your butt is when Romney gets elected. There is absolutely NO reason to vote for Obama. In every way measurable he is a failure as President. I hope he likes building homes. I see a hammer and a "Habitat" shirt in his future.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
Whats really going to chap your butt is when Romney gets elected. There is absolutely NO reason to vote for Obama. In every way measurable he is a failure as President. I hope he likes building homes. I see a hammer and a "Habitat" shirt in his future.

www.pollheadlines.com...
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Then these poll should really chap your butt because Romney is falling way behind in the polls. Not suprising with the kind of halfassed campaign his people are running for him.

He has already pissoff most of the women and minorities with his misogynistic racism. That leaves old white men.
That's not enough for him to chap anyones butt....

Odds makers in Vegas have Obama ahead.

edit on 18-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I want a president that will represent and stand for ALL americans and not just the richest 50% of americans. Obviously romney is not capable of being that president.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So what is the issue here?
We know that these people have written off any conservative point of view or candidate who wants to put them to work. They sound like Maynard G. Krebbs...WORK?!?!?!?
These are the people Jefferson warned us about.
They vote themselves a paycheck.
Sometimes the truth stings a bit.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for that thoughtful reply.

I found out something else today that I wanted to share here. 4,000 millionaires in Romney's '47%'

4,000 households with incomes over $1 million ended up with zero federal income tax liability in 2011. Another 14,000 made between $500,000 and $1 million.

I know that some people take advantage of, game any system, or use outright fraud (in any economic level). But this crap about personal responsibility...I know some retirees who bought long term care insurance, so they wouldn't be a burden to anyone. The premiums have gone up so much that they either have had to give it up or they cannot afford another premium increase and will no longer afford it. It's easy to talk about personal responsibility when you have more than enough means (the have-mores) to cover anything that happens.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

LOL, excuse me but.........what?
Prove your post please.
I know many, many poor republicans but not a one who gets a goverment hand out.. Most will do any job they can whether it is cutting grass or picking up cans on the side of the road to keep from getting governmental help.
It is called Pride.
The pride that comes from supporting ones self and family.
I have known a few who had WIC while their children were infants and they were EXTREMELY embarrassed by that. I do not believe they should be though for they have put SO much more into the system than they will ever get out of it.
But of course some poor republicans probably do get assistance. The thing is that I do not believe they feel ENTITLED to it.
It is my job to support my family and I. I would not expect or want you or anyone else to do it for me.

Quad

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

But of course some poor republicans probably do get assistance. The thing is that I do not believe they feel ENTITLED to it.
It is my job to support my family and I. I would not expect or want you or anyone else to do it for me.

Quad

How do you feel about taxpayer subsidies to large corporations that show record profits? In other words corporate welfare.

thinkbynumbers.org...

Even WalMart gets taxpayer money in the form of subsudies.

www.progress.org...

You do realize that corps get more taxpayer money than social programs, right?
edit on 18-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
So what is the issue here?
We know that these people have written off any conservative point of view or candidate who wants to put them to work. They sound like Maynard G. Krebbs...WORK?!?!?!?
These are the people Jefferson warned us about.
They vote themselves a paycheck.
Sometimes the truth stings a bit.

You really haven't been paying attention to what's been going on have you? Every time Obama has tried to do something that will help create jobs in America the GOP blocks him. If the GOP has such a problem with people on benefits then why don't they try to do something about it? Romney has no jobs plan all he wants to do is give tax breaks to the wealthy and deregulate wall street. Sounds like he wants to try Reaganomics again and that was nothing but a failure. Trickle down economics is nothing but a pipe dream.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I never thought I'd say this, but he is right.

This is coming from a RP supporter. No matter how crappy it is to hear, he is absolutely correct.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Well, Mittens just screwed up even more. He was caught on a recording writing off half the country - www.huffingtonpost.com...
Does anyone else have the feeling that The Romney Unit is suffering from severe software failure?

Actually I have the feeling that Voters are just stupid and eat up the media spin.

I watched the video and I heard what Romney said. He is not "writing off half the country". He is not saying he does not want to help Obama voters or any other type of nonsense and spin that is being put to his statement.

If people would actually WATCH the video and listen to what he is saying- and most importantly THE CONTEXT in which it is said- you would know the same thing I know. He is talking about voters. He is saying that 47-48% of the voters have already decided to vote for Obama, so he is not going to worry about trying to convince or sway that 47-48% into voting for him. So he will focus on those independent and undecided voters. In other words- you can;t change a person's mind when they have already made up their mind, so focus on the votes he has a chance to actually get.

And for the record- before some idiot comes along with the accusation, I am not a Romney supporter. I am also NOT an Obama Supporter. I am not a Republican or a Democrat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join