It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Romney Unit writes off half the USA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I agree with you my friend. In today's politics, you can't even argue facts without race being an issue.

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by James1982

I could provide numerous links, you won't get it.

America owes you something.

It used to be the other way around...

A famous JFK quote comes to mind.

This thread reminds me why I hate the politics forums on ATS, I really should stay away from this.

edit on 17-9-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

It must be disconcerting to see your messiah step in a big pile of BS during one of the worst GOP campaigns I have ever seen. Actually he may eventually win the POTUS but he will have to live with the dumbass statments he has made along the way and he will not be given any slack just like Obama wasn't from the moment he took office.

Mitts presidency will be characterized by his dumbass remarks because he certainly has a talent for making them.

edit on 17-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SignalsPlease leave my family out of it. My Grandfather was a tail gunner in a B-17 in WWII, he busted his butt all of his life to leave something behind for his family, he didn't need handouts. My other Grandfather was a train engineer, and lived the same way, working hard, saving money, preparing for the future....They were real Americans,

"The Times they are a changing" Bob Dylan

Send my best 2 both of your Gramps, they sound like Salt of the Earth Men, BUT

This is not 1940, We now live in a world with Global Banking, Global Military Forces, and the one that hurt us the Most...Global WorkForce.

Our Jobs are being done in India, China and Mexico.

Blame Obama if you think that will help you sleep, But this started long before him, regardless of What Admin is in Power....

"Foreman says these jobs are going boys, and they ain`t coming back, to your Hometown" Bruce Springsteen

So call the 47% whatever stirs your loins, the majority in that number dont want to be there.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You're the one that's not getting it.

Do you deny that 47% figure includes retired people?

Retired people already worked their whole lives, hence the reason they are retired. So why are you picking on them? What makes them lazy or entitled just because they don't pay income tax? Retired means no income, most of the time, hence no income tax.

I get the sentiment you are expressing, but what you're not getting is that you cannot in good faith apply that to 47% of people. Not all of those 47% of people are just lazy do-nothings. Some are retired, some are stay at home moms (and dads) some are students, etc.

Am I wrong in anything I've said here?

Because mittens thinks 47% of people just collect free money and sit around all day. He is wrong. You are wrong if you agree. The 47% figure he talks about is made up of MANY different groups. Are some lazy do-nothings? Yep. But not all of them.

Mittens is just lying to himself about that 47% because he doesn't want to think that the reason people don't like him is because he's a bad guy, he wants to think it's because they are all on welfare.

You know that 47% he talks about? Most likely many of them are republicans, conservatives, right wing christians, voted for Bush, voted for Regan, and will vote for Romney.

So why exactly do you support what mittens is saying? I don't get why it's so hard for you to understand that out of the 47% figure, some are students, hell some are even HIGH SCHOOL, some are retired, and some are stay at home moms and days. They are regular people that are bettering themselves, contribute to society, or have ALREADY contributed to society and are now retired. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

But by all means, keep up your delusion that everyone in America except for you and yours are a bunch of lazy do-nothings, if it helps you somehow.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Please leave my family out of it. My Grandfather was a tail gunner in a B-17 in WWII, he busted his butt all of his life to leave something behind for his family, he didn't need handouts. My other Grandfather was a train engineer, and lived the same way, working hard, saving money, preparing for the future....They were real Americans,not spoiled brats whining and complaining, living in Mom's basement, smoking dope, watching Jersey Shore, etc..

This quote PROVES that YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ROMNEY IS TALKING ABOUT

Romney is talking crap about the 47%. That 47% INCLUDES RETIRED PEOPLE

What are you not understanding about this? This is simple. If you are retired and not paying income tax, then you ARE part of the 47% Romney is talking about.

You SHOULD be upset that Romney is talking crap about retired people. Why aren't you?

Seriously how dense can you get....

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
My mouth dropped open when I head this!

The best part of this clip is that it comes from a video that is about an hour long. I can't wait to see how much of it gets released between now and the election. From what I understand the rest of it is pretty damning.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
As a 'Brit' I'm not really qualified to comment too deeply on your election but it does seem like Mr. Romney has pretty much given up and has just decided to troll your country.

"Half of you are poor, and its your fault."

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Yeah, let's all jump on Mitt, instead of being aghast at the true picture. That there ARE 47% of the people dependant on the government is the true disgrace. But way to play it off.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Yeah, let's all jump on Mitt, instead of being aghast at the true picture. That there ARE 47% of the people dependant on the government is the true disgrace. But way to play it off.

What would you have done with those lazy pensioners who make up some of that figure. Put them back to work to pay their way?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

How much of the figure do they make up? Was he including seniors in his 47 percent?
Not a big mitt fan but he is telling the truth when he said he will not be able to reach those who depend on the government. He knows, like all Americans who will admit it, that the democrat partys' base is made up from those who seek government handouts. It would seem that they would have come to understand over the last 50 years, that they are just tools and their votes are cheaply bought.
If the government REALLY wanted to help those down and out they would introduce educational tools to help them and teach them.
Not buy their vote with monthly entitlements, they simply do not work and cause more problems than they solve for everyone concerned.
I have stated this MANY times on Ats......."the ONLY PEOPLE WHO SHOULD RECEIVE GOVERNMENTAL HELP ARE THOSE WHO ARE DISABLED AND OUR SENIORS".

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

What would you have done with those lazy pensioners who make up some of that figure. Put them back to work to pay their way?

www.washingtonpost.com...

10 percent are elderly, the rest are not. And no, retired deserve to be retired. It's a disgrace that there are that many poor people and more are being added daily. You took my comment wrong.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Still, I can't believe the 47% of poorest americans are all democrat voters. Surely there are poor republicans and tea party members who receive some government entitlements and don't pay income tax?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
the mean income......meaning that half the families are earning more, half are earning less..is $45,018...
we don't make that much money, we don't get any gov't handouts, matter of fact, I have it arranged so that they take more out of my paycheck every week that they would normally, so we don't owe the gov't money at the end of the year....

as far as our income goes, I think we rank within the lower 47% or whatever.....
we pay taxes!!!
we don't get any assistance...
and well, I have voted for both democratic and republican candidates in my life....

so who is it that aren't paying any taxes?? obviously there's quite a few out there who are earning more than me and getting out of paying scott free!!!

so, I say Romney needs to have his head examined!!! if what he says is true, then
I would have to say that the 47% that support him are all big business men and bankers who are depending on the gov't for their next bailout and tax break!!!

they can preach individual responsibiity till the cows come home!! without jobs that are paying enough to support a family, it's not gonna do a danged bit of good. and it's not like the bankers and wall street are being that responsible when they rig libor for their own profit, ignore the traditional avenue for recording land ownership and invent the mers system to bypass the traditional system, causing choas in the housing market, leave the homes that they foreclosed on to rot from neglect, and come to the US taxpayer for bailout after bailout after they find out that those not so AAA securities were really not worth the paper they were printed on, were filled with fraud from beginning to end, and well....there is no one to blame buy themselves, since they knew the things were crap to begin with!!! and guess who ended up holding alot of those not so AAA securities, why they are in your pensions funds, your local school system, heck even they hospital in my city is suing the banks for one of their scams!!!

so, well, just keep knocking the ones who invested in IRA's, pension funds, their homes, hoping to have a little nest egg to retire on....keep your eyes closed as to the fraud and crimes the banks were involved in....
guess who is gonna take care of mommy and daddy when they get old!!! THEIR KIDS!!! which if their kids are at the present time turning a blind eye to the fact th at mommy and daddy have been and are continuing to be ripped off by the wall street fatcats and taking every opportunity to gripe about social security, well, I will not feel the least bit sorry for them as they are working from the time they get up to the time they drop into bed each night just to come up with the money to replace that which their own parents worked hard to earn, had the smarts to put away, and then got robbed by the gov't and their wall street buddies!!!

good leaders lead by example. what kind of example are our leaders presenting to us when they lie constantly, protect the fraudsters and take money from us to prop them up??
they seem to be doing everything in their power to make sure they and their buddies have plenty of cash in their pockets with the least amount of work involved.... don't blame the people for doing the same.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

food stamps is one of the easiest programs to get on, and I don't believe that there is 25% participation in the program. and if they are on any other of the wefare programs, well, I imagine they'd be on food stamps also...
the only exception to that would be the child health program which will subsidize the health insurance of children and has a pretty high income guideline!!
so, I would guess that most of that 47% are seniors, who have paid into social security their entire working lives, but well, have additional income which puts them over the income limit for food stamps..
ya know, I am sorry, but most of those who are on social security at the present time, (not disability) at least worked the majority of their lives!! they didn't have all these programs to fall on if they didn't work, like we have today. they put into the system, they deserve to get something out of the system.

so, well, take them out of the 47% and come back and let me know what the true number is!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I'm sure there are...........
Not a big fan of the current republicans either. When the tea party came along I was hoping for a huge shift in the party back to right of center..... Hasn't happened. They got a few people in but not enough for the push I was hoping for.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Hes gonna have a hard time getting elected if he just doesnt care about 47% of Americans.

That's not what he said. Look at the entire statement IN CONTEXT.
He's not going to worry about them .. as in ... not going to worry about getting their vote.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
It must be disconcerting to see your messiah step in a big pile of BS

I think you are confusing Obama and Romney. It's the 2008 Obama campaign that turned Obama into a 'messiah'. Those who want to vote for Romney are doing so while holding their noses. They can't stand him but think he's 'less bad' then Obama.

If you want to see what a 'messiah' hyped politician looks like ... you need to look at the Obama followers of 2008 .. and Obama himself when he used self-messianic language.

Take a good look here

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
His point is that this will be a very close battle and he needs to concentrate on that %5 or so who can swing it one way or the other. He's a being realist in those remarks he made. Stop whining and complaining DemoTards!

Romney will surely win the election with hardly a vote to spare - the return of the Neo-Cons - who ever woulda thought that ..........

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

The truth hurts....he's right.

Sad that liberals don't even understand what he's talking about.

The thing is that he could be describing many of the Republican voters. Go visit the social services in the deep south and see how many poor Republicans are in the waiting room. Plenty. Republicans that don't pay taxes, Republicans that are on welfare and food stamps. Republicans that couldn't survive without government help.

The fact that he thinks only Democrats are that way is ignorance. Perhaps, he has been too isolated from the poor to know what's a myth and what's the reality.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join