It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Romney Unit writes off half the USA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well, Mittens just screwed up even more. He was caught on a recording writing off half the country - www.huffingtonpost.com...
Does anyone else have the feeling that The Romney Unit is suffering from severe software failure?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hes gonna have a hard time getting elected if he just doesnt care about 47% of Americans.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Mitt Romney is done. This just proves from his own mouth what people have been saying all along. Election chances now for him a big fat zero. Way to shoot yourself in the foot Mitt.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
My mouth dropped open when I head this!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Well, Mittens just screwed up even more. He was caught on a recording writing off half the country - www.huffingtonpost.com...
Does anyone else have the feeling that The Romney Unit is suffering from severe software failure?

IS HE WRONG? If he's not wrong, than he is just telling the truth. do you want another leader who lies?

some people will never get any point of view or point you make

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps

IS HE WRONG? If he's not wrong, than he is just telling the truth. do you want another leader who lies?
No , hes not lieing.

He truly has no interest in Representing 47% of the US Pop at all.

Just a side note to you, that 47 includes Military Benefits, Old age Recipients, Medical benifits, you see , regardless of what the Usual Rombots will tell you, there are more than just Welfare Benefits in that 47.

You gonna tell your Mom you want her Supplement taken away...

I thought so.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The truth hurts....he's right.

Sad that liberals don't even understand what he's talking about.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Will someone please explain to me how Romney equates "the 47% of Americans who pay no income tax" with the "47% of the people who will vote for Obama"? This makes no sense to me. What he says makes no sense to me. The part of the speech I heard makes no sense to me.

It makes sense if one is making up a narrative. He's making things up, to make up a story....ok, now I think I understand it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

some people will never get any point of view or point you make

If he's not wrong then Romney voters are all spoon fed, country club livin ,yacht sailin , never worked for a dime in their life because they where born rich, yuppies..... I'd rather be poor n have a purpose in life...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'll ask it again. Who is running Romneys campaign? That kind of talk might satisfy the hard core Rush failthful but the independents he is trying to appeal to have long since bailed on that train wreck.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

We understand Signals, let me spell it out for you.

"The GOP is a Big Club, and you ain`t in it"

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

EIther YT is giving me and me only a hard time today, or the video really has been removed. That's the second time in an hour that this has happened. The other was the interview with Dr. Pieczniki (sp?) Can someone verify and let me know please?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Wrong....

The "Club" is all of the American people sitting at home, receiving entitlements, instead of getting their lazy butts off of the couch and working for a living.

I make 1/3 of what I was making 3 years ago, without a doubt the most physical, "hard" job I've ever had, but I'm doing it, because I have to.

Nobody owes me anything, I have to work for it.

I'm tired of paying for all of these people to sit at home. Jobs are out there, but they require real work, and sometimes relocation.

The 47% he is referring to would never vote for someone who won't continue their free paycheck, he's right.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The 47% he is referring to would never vote for someone who won't continue their free paycheck, he's right.

OK
Perhaps you can enlighten me as who is in that group of 47%.

Who is recieving your money that you work so hard for.

Surely you dont think 47% are receiving Welfare.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yep, Romney pretty much shot him self in the foot. He didn't have much of a chance to start with, but to come out and tell the truth that way.............. WOW!
Doesn't he know that the only way to get elected is to lie and tell people what they think they want to hear? Sheesh! What a loser.
He needs to follow Mr. Obamas' lead.
He needs a catchy slogan like "hope and change" , though hope and change has turned into "complain and blame" over the last 4 years.
All Mr. Obama needs to do now is give a couple of feel good speeches that run shivers up some peoples legs, tell a few more falsehoods and he has it in the bag.

May God help this country........Amen.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

No, he isn't right. At all.

He thinks 47% of Americans are useless eaters who have never contributed anything to the country, and only take.

He forgets that that 47% includes RETIRED people. You know, the ones who have worked and added value to the economy, and paid income tax for decades.

So if you think he is right, go up to your grandma, grandpa, or any older retired people in your family and tell them how they are useless eaters who have never contributed to the country and think they are entitled.

There are SOME people in this country who DO feel the way mittens says. But it's not 47%. That's why he's wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

In August 1967, 74,767,000 Americans were working (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics) and 1,152,861 were taking federal disability insurance (according to the Social Security Administration). That means that at that time there were about 65 Americans working for each worker collecting disability.

In August 2012, 142,101,000 Americans were working and 8,767,941 were on disability--meaning there were only 16.2 people working for each person collecting disability.

cnsnews.com...

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), a record 88,921,000 Americans were “not in the labor force” in August. These were Americans who were at least 16 years old, who were not in the military or in an institution such as a prison or a nursing home, and who did not have a job and had not actively sought one in the last four weeks.

Also in August, according to the BLS, only 63.5 percent of the civilian population (those over 16, who were not in the military or in an institution) participated in the labor force. That was the lowest level of labor force participation in 31 years. To participate in the labor force a person must either have a job or at least be actively trying to find one.

The numbers don't lie.

America has become lazy.

Don't get me wrong, we haven't created any new jobs for these people either, but America used to be about getting out there and making a way for yourself, not relying on big government to pay our bills.

The current administration has furthered this welfare state on purpose.....FOR VOTES!

Please leave my family out of it. My Grandfather was a tail gunner in a B-17 in WWII, he busted his butt all of his life to leave something behind for his family, he didn't need handouts. My other Grandfather was a train engineer, and lived the same way, working hard, saving money, preparing for the future....They were real Americans,not spoiled brats whining and complaining, living in Mom's basement, smoking dope, watching Jersey Shore, etc...
edit on 17-9-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I thought more about this. Romney is saying that Obama's voters don't pay income taxes. The same 47% in the polls who say they would vote for Obama are THE SAME 47% who pay no income taxes.
This has got to be the worst lazy thinking I have ever heard!

Only a ds would say those two groups are the same. Romney knows better...he's not stupid... right? ... please, tell me he's not stupid, or lacks common sense ...please tell me that the POTUS candidate is just being an arrogant ass.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

???

Did you provide any evidence to prove me wrong? No?

Your links about disabled people is irrelevant to this thread.

Mittens said 47% of Americans don't pay income tax. He implies, and you seem to agree, that they are just lazy useless eaters.

That 47% INCLUDES people who are RETIRED.

They have ALREADY worked longer than YOU ever have, and you have the nerve to call them lazy?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I could provide numerous links, you won't get it.

America owes you something.

It used to be the other way around...

A famous JFK quote comes to mind.

This thread reminds me why I hate the politics forums on ATS, I really should stay away from this.

edit on 17-9-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join