It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists, still support Obama? Obama’s DOJ Can’t Say Criticizing Religion Will Remain Legal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Nope, never was in the first place - I'll be supporting Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson ... for what its worth.

When asked "You're on the torture rack, they're going to kill you, who are you going to vote for? Mitt Romney, or Barack Obama?"

"Look, I've climbed Mount Everest. I know how to do what it takes. Take this to the bank: I would rather die.'" - Gary Johnson

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I just posted in another thread covering a similar argument, but when I saw this I decided I must reply. What's next, we can't criticize a movie because the director's feelings may get hurt? Criticism may seem impracticable, but it does have it's uses. Criticizing religion, movies, artwork, Employee (Or coworker's) job performance allows for deeper conversation on whatever subject is being spoke of to be brought up, possibly changing someone's mind on something in their life, allowing for positive change in the workplace through constructive criticism, helping a potential movie goer choose a film that may better suite them, etc.

Come on, how can our very own Department of Justice not be able to ensure with 100% support that Freedom of Speech will be protected under our constitution, no matter who's panties get in a bunch. Would this not, if not even in a loophole, fall under the "Separation of Church and State"?

When it come's to a man's (or woman's of course) choice to follow (or not follow) a certain religion, the government needs to stay out of it.... COMPLETELY. I mean, how hard is it guys, if the topic includes anything religious, it should be dropped from the court completely. Leave it alone.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas

When it come's to a man's (or woman's of course) choice to follow (or not follow) a certain religion, the government needs to stay out of it.... COMPLETELY.

And they (followers of a certain religion) need to stay out of government.

COMPLETELY.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

When it come's to a man's (or woman's of course) choice to follow (or not follow) a certain religion, the government needs to stay out of it.... COMPLETELY.

COMPLETELY.

While that would be ideal, unfortunately we (As American's) cannot discriminate against anyone based on their religion, sex, race, or sexual orientation. So that wouldn't work, however, they do need to quit trying to sneak in their religious ideologies into government.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

COMPLETELY.

While that would be ideal, unfortunately we (As American's) cannot discriminate against anyone based on their religion, sex, race, or sexual orientation. So that wouldn't work, however, they do need to quit trying to sneak in their religious ideologies into government.

Religion is a chosen belief.

Gender - - race - - sexual orientation are not.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join