It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sup ATS, and oh yeah... i need a lil advice on stopping my bro from joining the armed forces.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hello to all on this website, ive been coming to this place to get my daily fill of gasps, WTF'S and ????'s from the stoires of this crazy, f'd up world we live in, and form those who run it. I first created an account and posted two or three day sago ragardign the elite's not giving a single f*** about the consequences from God because of their evil actions.

I have a big problem. My little brother of 20 years old up and decided he wants to join the marines so they can pay for his college tuition; he suddenly wants to do flight engineering, Fine. Hers the dilemma; most of us on this site know the true nature of out government, their true intent, what they have done and what they plan to do. We know that through media and entertainment we are both numbed to reason and thought, and distracted from the worlds truly pertinent issues, issues created by the ones who govern us. So with that i tell the boy DO NOT BOTHER WITH THE DAMN MARINES. Armed forces are great, just not in the reality we live in today. But the problem is my bro DOES NOT CARE.

He already knows that t.v. is junk mainly used to distract your ass, but he cares not what it distracts you form. He knows that our government are up to no good a times at times, bu he cares not what that no good is. He knows the news is 100% bullsh**, he just doesn't care about what's not bull#. He has already asked "what do you care about a truth?, for what?" He has already told me "i purposefully keep myself in the dark", or something like that. I show him him video's and articles about the atrocities commited by TPTB, and offered him hard evidence behind these atrocities, nothing. He just does not care, at all. I tell him U.S. backed rebels and out of country mercs are the ones blasting civilian's away in Syria's when the media tells us it's Assad's troops , he gets annoyed and doesn't want to here that sh**. I say Libya, was never a damn problem until the moment Gaddafi worked on a plan to bolster the regions economy with gold currency, pushing E.U. and N.A. businesses out of the region, he shrugs and calls it conspiracy theories without bothering to look into it. Cases of very high level government officials, politician's and businessmen, people running the damn planet, accused of being members in a high class satanic child pedophile ring with anybody close to providing evidence about it ending up dead or barred by powerful bureaucratic layers's red tape doodoo. Nope, more conspiracy theories.

Any suggestions on how to get though to the boy? My parent's bought into the whole ADHD scam big pharma had and still have going when they would tell parents that there hyper, exuberant kids has ADHD, and prescribed them various buttfu** medications that resulted in negative effects over time. I dotn know what this doc prescribed him, but it stunted development in the region in his brain that is responsible for reason, rationality, and empathy. My parents had him on it from i think when he was 7 till he was 12. Boy did it cure all that ADHD; From the time he got off of it, he has become moody, temperamental, irrational, unreaosnable and at times quite selfish, all of these personality traits not present before he got off those stupid pills. So that's another factor in this issue; i feel he never really fully developed a sense of true thought and reasoning from the years he was taking these meds.

He's 20 now, smart young man, but a bit too reactive on his emotions without thinking about anything. He didn't apply for college after high school, and had a single job doing web design for about a half a year, but was fired from that because of some misunderstanding with his boss. He tired of doing nothing and chilling around, and what annoys me is that after doing absolutely nothing to alleviate that (wont get up and go try and find work, wont look into some schools for waht he's interested in doing) he say's he needs a change and is very intent on joining the marines in October so he can have college paid for. The boy even knows his staff sargent is only acting like he's cool, down with the young folk, and cares about them, but is really only trying to bolster his ratings for his superior's by netting in more recruits. He just isn't concerned.

If anyone has any advice on what i can tell, show him, please, it would be dearly appreciated. Peace and God bless to all.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
One does not simply interfere with destiny.

link   
Your brother is an adult, a grown-up. He doesn't need your advice on how to live his life and he need not buy off on your view of reality. Leave him alone.

link   
You can give him your opinion, but in the end he must and will follow his own path.

I gave you your first flag

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Welcome bigman88...

but he cares not

This seemed to be a common theme when describing your bro...

You could beat his ass until he gives in to your wishes, and if that doesn't work, try convincing him to not sign up for a combat MOS - though, support still sees a two way firing range at times as well.

If he continues to keep this mind set, let him get what he is asking for. 3 things may happen: he dies, he finds that war sucks, or he found his niche.

Cya on the boards...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Show him the documentary, "Hearts and Minds". Incredibly heart-wrenching film, with images that will never leave your life.
Here it is...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Hi. Well, you could download lots and lots of photographs of dead marines, marines who've returned from war with horrible injuries......or you could just let him do what he has decided is best for himself....and hope he survives this path he has chosen, intact.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
In the good old days when a kid was caught smoking the Dad would make that kid smoke an entire pack, in a row, to "cure" him. Most kids never wanted to see another cigarette.
Go to the nearest fireworks outlet and buy LOTS of firecrackers, lady fingers and bottle rockets. Follow your brother around and everywhere he goes toss ordinance at him, all the while yelling "INCOMING" at the top of your lungs.
Every so often you should also toss pop and beer cans at him, some full, some mostly full, to represent shrapnel.
If that doesn't work search the web for Improvised Explosive Device damage and injuries, the days of gunshot wounds and Purple Hearts are long gone, these kids are getting TORN UP.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
"My little brother of 20 years old up and decided he wants to join the marines so they can pay for his college tuition; he suddenly wants to do flight engineering"

" Up and decided" may suggest he hasn't given it much thought.
Assuming that is correct, I see nothing wrong with voicing your opinion.
He mentions paid college tuition, flight engineering and the Marines.
Perhaps you may suggest prioritizing those three desires.
All three can be accomplished through ROTC.com ( Air Force, Army, Navy )
Pretty much a free ride. Tuition, books and a monthly stipend.
He goes in as an Officer ( Way better then enlisted ) both in prestige and pay grade. College + 4 years and out at 28, with a Masters degree if he is smart.
Flight engineer is more likely in the Air Force.

I'd be curious, and ask WHY the Marines ? If that is the # 1 priority, then so be it, the other issues are moot.

I can't say the Military is all bad. Combat ( more likely in the Marines ) REALLY REALLY SUCKS. As you are probably aware the majority of all three branches never see combat.
I have very mixed feeling on my alleged service. I know the Military does the bidding of those worthless SOB's in Congress. Tough pill to swallow and I would NOT do it again.
I, Like you, would do every thing I could to talk him out of joining.
One thing is a certainty. After four years his proclamation of " I don't care " will dissipate. Unfortunately or fortunately he will more then likely feel very at home on ATS.
Good Luck.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

take him to your local VA hospital
that might do it

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
My brother has said a number of times before that he wanted to join... He hasn't yet. But if he does. I will support him. I don't think he should go. I don't want him to... But I will not try to stop him very much. There is only so much I can say to him...only so much you can say to anyone.. I've talked to him before. He is like your bro, he knows the deal...the real deal... But he will go if he really wants to... Sorry friend, such is life.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

take him to your local VA hospital
that might do it

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Also might want to look up the suicide epidemic in the military. It's far beyond anything than before.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Tell you 'bro to read Dalton Trumbo's book "Johnny got his gun" before he signs on the dotted line. If that book doesn't deter one from joining the military, especially today, then nothing will.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I can sympathize with you , my Sisters and I tried to coax my Nephew from his decision to join the Marines last year...well , he wouldn't listen , he hated boot camp , wished he never joined but then things got better , he got past all that and now is enjoying his 1st year , he hasn't been deployed yet but he is very enthusiastic about anything that could come up.
I will say this , he has become more responsible , he has more pride in himself and how he treats others , which he was sorely deficient in,lol. He has a future and if something were to happen , he's more than willing to face it.
He is 22 years old and I couldn't be more proud of him.
I feel the same about our government and he says that he's doing it for our Country not t he government. I chuckled , trying to convince him that line is so thin that he shouldn't bother. He's doing something he loves. We just didn't want him to leave , we have few beloved males in the family and were desperate.
All you can do is support him until the day he leaves then even more when he's at boot.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I must repeat that i support any kind of armed forces; to leave your warm comfy bed to get put through hell to become a trained mofo so you can end up going through even hotter hell to contend with angry enemy mofo's is something that demand's respect and admiration. Every soldier should have there very own red carpet. But in the world we live in, and the fact that these soldiers are only fighting at the behest of a government that simply starts # in for the sole purpose of conquest and world dominance, not one soldier should be fighting for this cause. To those that said he is a grown man and i should not be bending him to my views of things; i myself bought everything i was told up until a few years ago. They said Saddam Hussein was a psycho, i said ho sh** we gotta stop him. They said terrorists are evil and hate freedom, i said good lord them haters go hard, tossing planes into building's n' #. Screw it a few freedom's and privacy is a fair trade for safety and security. H1N1 was gonna kill everybody off and i said oh no we need the shots! you get the idea. That was until i discovered that i don'd mind asking a few question's about these inconsistencies and VERY important but thoroughly omitted details, thing's that our government was/ is unable to answer correctly. And then when you dig a lil more you find those crazy, silly things the conspiracy cooks were screaming about backed with some frigging evidence? Nah man, it goes way beyond my views buddy.
I don't want deter him joining by simulating warfare or the aftermath's of warfare; i myself wouldn't mind signing up if everything our government told us were actually the truth. If i die, i died doing something good. I want him to at least consider the possibility that everything told to us is a damn lie, and that every conflict started with a false flag. I want him to head into the marines with at least a care of what is happening in the world, and not the "paid to shoot not think" mentality.And i have to correct myself, he wants to do the air force. Even if it is a branch that doesn't see much combat, to align yourself with this government's armed forces for whatever reason is a detriment to one's worth as an individual who entrust's there time and sacrifice and life to this nation, and it's supposed ideal's. If he still insists on going, i just want him to be fully aware of who is joining and what they really do; he's not concerned or convinced about the intent of this governmental, but solely on what they offer.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
So your brother wants to be educated and can do so with little cost to himself.....way to go little brother! And you are no better than the "government" in trying to "control" your brother.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

If you read anything i said, you would be able to differentiate control from inform. I want him to know the true situation of affairs before going on to join the armed forces. Every soldier should be informed of what they are truly doing and for whom. The fact that you think this is control means you are perfectly used to and do nto mind being controlled.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Welcome. Make your brother watch the documentary "taxi to the dark side". Show him some of the darker sides of what he may be expected to do in the military.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I honestly think everyone has their lessons to learn. You can tell him what you think and why you think so, but usually we dont change another persons mind if they really want to do something.

Hopefully the experience opens his eyes, and if so, its valuable during the rest of his life.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Well you asked for opinions so I will give my "well respected" opinion as blunt as always.

Why stop your brother joining the armed forces. He seems to have absolutely sod all going for him and has a poor job record (being fired, for stealing no doubt but we will stick with your "misunderstanding" explanation). He has very little hope of securing a decent living apart from maybe being in charge of fries at Mcdonalds so life for him is expected to be a dry and monotonous adventure from here onwards.

Joining the armed forces can give him that sense of being lied to professionally you just cant get in other industries. The promise of brotherhood (overrated unless you are the needy kind or insecure), the promise of a healthy but megre pay check each week and some rather stylish clothes. You have the joy of possibly being deployed to some turd box you have no business being in for the extraction of that particular countries resource all under the guise of the current in word whatever it may be. Right now its Terrorism but tomorrow it could well be traitorism with the current plans the US has to retrieve all guns from its weak and tired population. IF your brother happens to be deployed to one of the many crap-spots around the world and he suffer the indignity of some form of maiming he will be welcomed back to home turf with the promise of rehabilitation and ongoing support - which happens to encompass basically fu** all but a punch in the face from the very country you lost your dignity for.

Oh and the cream on the cake - he will hear a lot about the "support our troops" crap when in fact 99% of the population are just fu**ing cowards and do not support the troops as they don't have a god damn clue what that really mean but they spout the same "I don't support the war(s) but I do support the troops" crap because they are so afraid of being outcasted by their fellow losers in society. Aks him to go round his neighbourhood and ask each family what exactly support the troops means!! I bet he gets a lot of BS answers. Then ask them to honestly tell him how much they have supported the troops and how have they supported the troops.

This will entail a lot of people pulling out bumper stickers and tie pins but not one will actually be able to say with any proof and certainty that they have in some way actively helped the troops with some show of support that invloved them sacrificing something of major value or importance. You see your bro should know that "support the troops" is mainly just a slogan for members of the public to throw about so they can be "in" with society.

I would rather have a honey enema and sit atop a ants nest than be as superficial as the 99% of people who claim to support the troops. (in the 1% it is mainly people who have actually served in the armed forces - those who have not are about as knowledgeable and clued up about what it encompasses as obama is about doing the correct thing by the people).

End

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join