The Black Knight Satellite - more questions than answers

page: 5
47
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Sure. Why not talk about it again.
www.abovetopsecret.com...



Some of us don't get to spend hour after hour on ats.
I for one am glad that this story has been re-raised as I would maybe have never heard it at all.

Its an interesting one for sure, but like most of these stories from that era, a difficult one to provide validity to.




posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


Have you ever heard a story going around a large group of people? By the time the story gets back to the person that told it, most facts are misconstrued usually leaving a few things within the story that are true. I wasn't there in 1953, so this could be the case with this too. How do we know? It could be fake, it may not be. How can any of us know? I just think it is an interesting story and was speculating.


Don't be so passively pessimistic. as posts above show, digging closer and closer to original sources can provide progressively more reliable information.

Being wrong once and awhile, or even often, about trusting unknown sources is no reason to give up studying these kinds of stories.

I pity all the people out there who are NOT fascinated by the possibilities inherent in these stories.

Break time -- taking my grandsons to Ellington to view the shuttle Endeavour this morning.

I'll be back.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
pictures from nasa which are supposed to show the satellite
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
pictures from nasa which are supposed to show the satellite
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...


As Phage has correctly pointed out, these are routine images during a spacewalk on STS-88 [note the ID numbers] of packing and wrapping material tossed overboard. The people who told you different are not being truthful. What were their names so we can tease and shame them, and taunt them a la Monty-Python-Holy-Grail.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13
 


I found this stuff, fake? I don't know. just thought I'd share it. Site seems to have alot of info and a few pics. Enjoy and make of it what you will.


i74.photobucket.com...
This is a gif image so you'll have to click the link to see it.





Source

See source for more images.






edit on 19-9-2012 by dthwraith because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-9-2012 by dthwraith because: Added more images and source.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith
 

The images are from STS-88 and have nothing to do with the Black Knight. For one thing, the space shuttles did not have polar orbits.
www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by dthwraith
 

The images are from STS-88 and have nothing to do with the Black Knight. For one thing, the space shuttles did not have polar orbits.
www.abovetopsecret.com...


Thank you, gave you a star for the info!
edit on 19-9-2012 by dthwraith because: spelling correction.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Popular
I'm happy this topic was brought back up, unfortunately I'm sure no new info can be given, or no real answer decided on.. here's a video I found on YouTube.


After reading Phage's reality check, ask yourself -- how LONG will I continue to be a stooge for con men on youtube? How long will their contempt for my intelligence be validated by my stupid gullibility?

Step into the light. Fight ignorance.



After reading this response to you, ask yourself -- how LONG will I continue to be a stooge and assume things written by other people on the internet?

Not once did I state I believed I was viewing the so called 'Black Knight' satellite in that YouTube video I linked to in my original post. I simply linked a video, that is all. I didn't give an opinion on whether I thought that was the satellite, or that it was anything else.

"Here's a video I found on YouTube" is exactly what I wrote. I don't know where in all your years of existence on this Earth, that you got from that, that I said "Here's a video of the Black Knight that I found on YouTube, I actually believe this is it!" I set a trap, and a couple of unwilling victims played into it, how unfortunate with all your experience on these forums, and everything else you've done in your years to do with UFOlogy and NASA and everything else you're apparently an expert on, that you would fall prey to a simple post on the internet such as mine.

Deny ignorance.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Popular because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-9-2012 by Popular because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
We need a concise list of what is actual
info on this anomaly. Because it more than just
a passing comment blown out of proportion.
It has more history than that.
On page 4 of this thread I posted a link to some
Harvard archives that mention a possible non man made
artificial satellite. Some people have Tesla in 1899
and Marconi 20 years later as commenting on it .
Time magazine brought it up in 1973 etc etc.
It's all over the place.

Complex hoax? What's the deal?



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here are supposed images of the Black Knight Satellite in images taken by NASA. You can download Hi-Res images of each too.

STS088-724-65
STS088-724-66
STS088-724-68
STS088-724-69
STS088-724-70

And, here's an annotated version I found from a google search.

postimage.org...



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by roblot
 

Thanks. They have been posted more than once in this thread and have nothing to do with the Black Knight.

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13
 


I hate to break the bad news to you but there were no satellites prior to sputnik in 1957. Sputnik was the first artifical satellite to orbit the planet. We did not have space technology in 1953 to put any satellite up in orbit around our planet. Sorry, your Dark Knight does not exist. Dont take it too hard.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by aLLeKs
pictures from nasa which are supposed to show the satellite
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...


As Phage has correctly pointed out, these are routine images during a spacewalk on STS-88 [note the ID numbers] of packing and wrapping material tossed overboard. The people who told you different are not being truthful. What were their names so we can tease and shame them, and taunt them a la Monty-Python-Holy-Grail.

Now Jim You're not going to start catapulting cows are you??



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Sorry, another avoidable mistake if I had read the entire thread.

BTW, if it had been spotted before the first manmade satellite launch, then isn't it safe to assume that it's existence is probable? I think it's healthy to be skeptical. As always assuming all stories and claims as true can be disappointing and may let the mind's imagination wander too far.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13
 

So there may be a some-tin out there and it may be before mans technology and yada, yada. We can dispute a piece of tinfoil Alien debris all day long. What about this? This is intriguing. What could cause an echo from radio transmissions to return days later? Did they have recorders back then?


If this weren’t enough, Ham radio operators worldwide had been receiving messages from Black Knight. Perhaps the strangest phenomenon associated with the Black Knight was the Long Delay Echo (LDE). The effect observed was that radio or television signals sent into space bounce back seconds (or even days) later, as if recorded and retransmitted by a satellite. First indentified over 30 years earlier by Norwegian geophysicist Carl Stormer and a Dutch collaborator Balthasar van der Pol, the duo discovered that short wave radio messages were followed by mysterious echoes that were picked up at indiscriminate intervals after the original transmissions. Indeed, the delays were so long that they could not be readily attributed to atmospheric quirks, magnetic storms or other natural phenomena. To this day, scientists have been unable to solve the mystery of the echoes.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr
 


"If this weren’t enough, Ham radio operators worldwide had been receiving messages from Black Knight. Perhaps the strangest phenomenon associated with the Black Knight was the Long Delay Echo (LDE). "

The mystery of long-delayed radio echoes was real.

It's a weird phenomenon whioh was widely publicized and speculated about.

Some people -- Duncan Lunan was one -- speculated they were deliberate retransmissions from an alien probe.

Over the years, better theories were developed and tested. 'Aliens' and other magical solutions lost their appeal.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have never heard about this story before. I enjoyed all the reads and the video. What a great find, thanks for sharing this story. I agree, I don't think we will ever know the truth. It would be awesome if some other life force put the "Black Knight" out there. Thanks again for the share!



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Popular
 


edit on 19-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)


I do believe that video you posted could have been space junk but cool find anyway.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Popular

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Popular
I'm happy this topic was brought back up, unfortunately I'm sure no new info can be given, or no real answer decided on.. here's a video I found on YouTube.


After reading Phage's reality check, ask yourself -- how LONG will I continue to be a stooge for con men on youtube? How long will their contempt for my intelligence be validated by my stupid gullibility?

Step into the light. Fight ignorance.



After reading this response to you, ask yourself -- how LONG will I continue to be a stooge and assume things written by other people on the internet?

Not once did I state I believed I was viewing the so called 'Black Knight' satellite in that YouTube video I linked to in my original post. I simply linked a video, that is all. I didn't give an opinion on whether I thought that was the satellite, or that it was anything else.

"Here's a video I found on YouTube" is exactly what I wrote. I don't know where in all your years of existence on this Earth, that you got from that, that I said "Here's a video of the Black Knight that I found on YouTube, I actually believe this is it!" I set a trap, and a couple of unwilling victims played into it, how unfortunate with all your experience on these forums, and everything else you've done in your years to do with UFOlogy and NASA and everything else you're apparently an expert on, that you would fall prey to a simple post on the internet such as mine.

Deny ignorance.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Popular because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-9-2012 by Popular because: (no reason given)


Yeah, someone doesn't see your viewpoint so, lets insult them. Is this a common occurrence with you Mr. Oberg? Because if it is, You lost all credibility with me and I am not sure why anyone should listen to you. So from this point on anything you add, I will ignore. Make a bulleted list of every aspect of this story being shown as false with irrefutable evidence.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Rubicant13
 


I hate to break the bad news to you but there were no satellites prior to sputnik in 1957. Sputnik was the first artifical satellite to orbit the planet. We did not have space technology in 1953 to put any satellite up in orbit around our planet. Sorry, your Dark Knight does not exist. Dont take it too hard.


I won't take it too hard. It seems that you have it all figured out. Present you're completely documented proof of this please. It's good that we have you as an expert - I'm not sure what we would do without this level of expertise.





top topics
 
47
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join