It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight Satellite - more questions than answers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

hello, i did post a long post on this about a year ago, here is the 2 links i posted: Black night 1 Black night 2 added, it was a phenominal case and you can find many pictures, so its sure no rumor, i have read many disclosed info about monoliths and becons from extraterestrial orrigins and their harmful effects on astronaughts aswell, i fyou want to talk more you can inbox me.
edit on 19/01/2011 by Tahnya86 because: added links

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Popular
I'm happy this topic was brought back up, unfortunately I'm sure no new info can be given, or no real answer decided on.. here's a video I found on YouTube.

After reading Phage's reality check, ask yourself -- how LONG will I continue to be a stooge for con men on youtube? How long will their contempt for my intelligence be validated by my stupid gullibility?

Step into the light. Fight ignorance.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

After reading Phage's reality check, ask yourself -- how LONG will I continue to be a stooge for con men on youtube? How long will their contempt for my intelligence be validated by my stupid gullibility?

Step into the light. Fight ignorance.

I'm actually glad, for all the believers out there, who brought up these images and kept them alive for such a long time. Because without these individuals, without these believers ... we wouldn't know today, that this debris was the reason for it.

Yes, I myself often use words like "stupid" in another context ... I find it equally stupid to read that people who have apparently some intellect, believe that this fusion rock we're standing on, is some rock solid stuff that has floating ships on it, driven apparently by Noha. Or to see people, claiming to be scientists and not science fiction writers, to be talking about warping space-time, or spending billions of man hours looking for the "God particle". Call it a gravitron, and it can make sense ... start calling it a '"God particle", that is "the answer to all", and it starts sound like Star Wars, and jedis talking about medi-clondits or whatever they're called.

But the fact of the matter is, Sir, that it is because of these peoples "curiosity" that has made information available, that otherwise wouldn't be. It has brought about "dreams", even if unrealistic.

To all those who wrote about it, thanks for bringing it up ... and keeping it alive. And Phage, deserves credit for bringing to light what this actually was.

Without the people, making inquiries ... Phage would never be the "expert" he is. One, cannot exist, without the other.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've read that the satellite was place into orbit some 12,000 yers ago. This is the exact time when the biblical flood was due to happen. This satellite was not put there by human hands. It was designed to be found by future generations (us). The knowldge it contains is most likely vast.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by Rubicant13
reply to post by JimOberg

Interesting, Mr. Oberg. Was there an inquiry into this mystery satellite sighting in 1953 as reported on many websites or not?

I'm not sure if you are actually reading the material presented on the thread or not. There was not "a satellite" in 1953, but an observation of TWO satellites (not one, but two) - and from what I can tell, nothing to link this to the so-called "black knight" satellite. They said they were "natural" orbiting "moons", I guess they were asteroids that had simply decided to enter earth orbit.

Unfortunately, no one has yet been able to produce the original article from Aviation Week published in August 1954 which revealed this discovery.So we are left with minimal information.

Yes, I did read that material. If this is the case, why do so many cling to the original story that this satellite indeed existed? There are even strange photos of the mystery satellite that have been popped up over the years. These images are a case of mistaken identity as to what satellite it really is?

As you can tell from this thread and related, earlier ones, the idea of a ghost satellite from the dawn of the Space Age is an exciting one, and people like to sexy up their retellings with additional 'details' year by year -- such as these 'photographs', which are all bogus.

The myth also is aided by a lot of popular misconceptions about orbital flight, especially the biggest: that things just drift around aimlessly in space, free of earth's gravity, and can move from one orbit to another or drift away into deep space, willy nilly, like flotsam and jetsam at sea. A better understanding of the stringent constraints of orbital motion would be very helpful -- and pretty cool to actually understand.

All sorts of teams around the world are scanning the skies for unknowns, out of scientific interest, national defense interest, curiosity, even looking for signs of non-human activity. From time to time they spot objects of interest -- 1991 VG comes to mind -- and the information is quickly disseminated to other observers and the public.

Probably the neatest recent example was last year when an asteroid search project detected a small object slowly moving from the region of Earth's moon out towards the down sun Sun-Earth Lagrange Point 2 [SEL2], a million miles outward from Earth. The unidentified object was very small -- only meters in size -- and clearly was being steered.

So they went and found out what it was and told the world about it. The americans and the russians had nothing to do with it.

Too bad those kinds of authentic discoveries don't seem to get the attention of folks hereabouts who are genuinely -- and rightfully -- fascinated by mysteries of outer space.

The OP's story is fictional, woven of enhanced and exaggerated threads from several different stories. The Epsilon Bootes message is a confabulated version of an interpretation by Duncan Lunan of a chart of reported Long Delayed Echoes logged by short wave listeners many years ago [long BEFORE the earliest 'Black Knight' stories].

Some writer, counting on the gullibility and ignorance of his target audience, just made up the story of a signal.

It might be a proper outlet for your curiosity to track down who the original liar was, so as to save future generations from being repeatedly victimized, as you were.

Please give it a try. It's a worthwile quest.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
I've read that the satellite was place into orbit some 12,000 yers ago. ...The knowldge it contains is most likely vast.

I think you exaggerate. At best, the knowledge is only half-vast.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
Without the people, making inquiries ... Phage would never be the "expert" he is. One, cannot exist, without the other.

Thanks for your constructive response. Your screen name suggests you are a svenske poika [forgive misspellings -- I only know the speak from my grandmother], like me.

But you still don't see the big picture.

These issues were never mysterious in the real world, just in the little cultural back alley of UFOria. That's where the explanations are covered up by the promoters who tell stories for any number of motivations -- ego, money, malice, amusement.... -- and deliberately omit widely-known explanatory and exculpatory evidence. It is a purposefully manufactured world of illusions with a perpetual inflow of new victims.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm sure the first time i came across 'Black Knight' satellite was in a book, in the late 70's early 80's, cant remember if it was an Arthur C Clarke book or not. I can remember it being before the first space shuttle launch. The problem with this subject also appears to be that both the UK and the US started Black Knight titled programs. Possibly to throw a curve ball when people started searching for the term.

No good looking for it now as i would imagine that the US has either removed it from orbit and brought it down to Earth or it has been destroyed.

Tombaugh is also an interesting point, they made a big deal out of him investigating it, to then never release the conclusion. Lets now use current rhetoric, if you haven't done anything wrong you have nothing to hide, so what were/are they hiding.

The other issue being Philip K Dick, how convenient that a sci fi writer gets contact from a mysterious satellite etc

This got brought up on another conspiracy site, Gotta Love Pluto recently and the thread got absolutely destroyed by either a bot or someone having p(r)oxy conversation with himself to fill 15+ pages with nothing to do with the thread, so what was someone hiding ?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Eric Von Daniken goes into detail about this satellite in his book Chairiots of The Gods. I have a old copy and it is invaluable for the information it contains. At least three pages are dedicated to this topic alone. The Anunnaki may have had a hand in its placement. Yahweh (En.lil) was the reason the flood was ordered anyway. Ea/En.ki told Noah from behind a reed screen that the flood was emanent. The satellite was meant for our time.

link   
reply to post by Phage

So what accounts for the size of BG1991 (if I am to understand this as being one in the same)
15 tons?
The 1960 article just does not fit with the size. -cover story-

link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

well someone should buy this

www.ebay.com...:B:SHOP:US:101
not sure if there were more issues produced in august of that year, but as the name states "Aviation Week" then there may be four issues in August.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yep Jims right on....Nasa is another BIG purveyor of bull dooey as well.........but lets not go there...
In fact our goverment is guilty of creating false realities aplenty for its citizens to base their lives on.......
The truth is reserved for those who are priviledged to access it.
Two separate sciences exist the one we live by, and the goverments secret science which it guards jealously.
Dont expect a straight answer from those who are in the inner circle......over 6000 goverment patents are RESERVED from the public for the goverments own use......Theres other ways we are kept in the dark as well.......
What we do manage to learn is far less than what is known.
Forgive me if i think both you and the scientific guy who answers every problem with his usual laconic derrogation of the questioner.....are somewhat shilling for this secret knowledge and for yourselves..............To each his own.
......s

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
I've read that the satellite was place into orbit some 12,000 yers ago. ...The knowldge it contains is most likely vast.

I think you exaggerate. At best, the knowledge is only half-vast.

Half vast 9?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

In 1953, The United States Department of Defense Assigned Clyde W. Tombaugh (best known for his discovery of the planet Pluto in 1930) to search for information on this strange satellite. Findings of this study were never released by the pentagon.

Now logic dictates that the DoD wouldn't assign Tombaugh to investigate a non-existent satellite.
So, Yes I believe the satellite was spotted on or about 1953. Who originally spotted it? We may never know, the findings were never released.

But, again, the DoD (at least in '53) isn't going to waste resources on something that nobody ever saw.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Yep Jims right on....Nasa is another BIG purveyor of bull dooey as well.........but lets not go there...
In fact our goverment is guilty of creating false realities aplenty for its citizens to base their lives on.......
The truth is reserved for those who are priviledged to access it.
Two separate sciences exist the one we live by, and the goverments secret science which it guards jealously.
Dont expect a straight answer from those who are in the inner circle......over 6000 goverment patents are RESERVED from the public for the goverments own use......Theres other ways we are kept in the dark as well.......
What we do manage to learn is far less than what is known.
Forgive me if i think both you and the scientific guy who answers every problem with his usual laconic derrogation of the questioner.....are somewhat shilling for this secret knowledge and for yourselves..............To each his own.
......s

I just wish people had more REAL knowledge -- it's freely available -- about fundamental principles of space flight and space operations, rather than allow themselves to be filled up with faux-facts and bogus 'NOT-ledge', which has to be rooted out to make room for reality, if ever. Without it, you are the ones who are helpless in the face of deceptions. And pretending you are NOT is the greatest self-deception of all, as any con man worth his mark knows..

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I just wish others would allow people to freely read and research the topics they choose without being ridiculed for what they question.

I wish that those self appointed "answer men" would realize that they may be wrong, they may not know everything that they think they do, and first and foremost, understand that, just because I haven't typed up a synapses of everything I know, you can't assume to have an insight into what knowledge I may carry around in my head.

My two-cents

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The English language is the youngest language on Earth. What you call English is only a few hundred years old.

No Alien satellite would beam a message in English. That language has only existed for a millisecond in the grand scheme of things.They won't be using English.

This appears to be one of those tales that morphed from the Black Knight aircraft program to some alien fantasy story made after a few pints of ale.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
OK silly question time : Why would aliens transmit a message in English? Surely anyone visiting this planet would transmit in the most commonly used language - Chinese. However, any race capable of speaking in an alien language (ours being alien to them) has the capability of transmitting the message in ALL languages. That way everybody on the planet would hear it.

The fact that the message just happens to be in the language of the country where the story started from is such a huge massive enourmous indication of "fake" or "urban myth" it beggars belief this thread has reached 3 pages.....

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Apparently the satillite was put there by 3 eyed beings with crab claws... or so that guy said who got the 8000 word book told to him!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

These issues were never mysterious in the real world, just in the little cultural back alley of UFOria. That's where the explanations are covered up by the promoters who tell stories for any number of motivations -- ego, money, malice, amusement.... -- and deliberately omit widely-known explanatory and exculpatory evidence. It is a purposefully manufactured world of illusions with a perpetual inflow of new victims.

All of what is called "science" fits in this category. NASA fits in this category as well. Geophysics, it's all a mystery, the Mayans, the Azteks, the Egyptians pyramids, the Dynosaurs ... it sells books. These mysteries are what they are, because there is a giant ball of iron in the earth, that makes it all ... mysterious. As with it, geomagnetic and gravitational swings, can't have occurred to answer it.

That's what "science" was, and has become again ... A "church" patented bible, that only the indoctrined "scientists" can read, and interpret for you.

Like a modern computer operating system, guaranteed bugs that require endless updates.

It's a business model ...

But some of these guys here are genuine, and their interrest in this is not necessarily meant to capitalize on ignorance. It's genuine curiosity, sometimes mixed with a bit of naivite, and a grain of wishful thinking ... but, I could even say that about myself sometimes to.

But I think it's healthy, to pick up a ball ... and explore it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join