It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight Satellite - more questions than answers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

I've been trying to find more info, and the Black Knight you refer to was seen as a "blip on the radar" (description on a few sites).

I then found this......

In March 1953 the highly classified ‘Black Knight’ programme began which called for a single seat subsonic high-altitude aircraft capable of carrying a 700lb payload over 3000 miles at 70,000ft.

Do you think there is any connection? Maybe someone got confused? (I honestly don't know, I'm just throwing it out there).

www.spyflight.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I have read about that on of all places wikipedia. I believe that it's possible. They claim the black knight satellite weighs 15 tons though, not 700 lbs. with the weight also of the craft used in what you cited. It's always possible though.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

You have to question how they would have known the weight though.

Had such an object existed, how did they weigh it? How did they even know what materials it was comprised of to make a guess on weight?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That is actually one of the questions I have. How would anyone properly guesstimate the weight of this object? It made me wonder if they know something more about it than has been stated.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
70,000 feet is within balloon range.
If it were painted black it could take advantage of solar heating.
Black could also describe about any dark energy transfer form UV light to dark matter.
Might have even been a "Black" project.
Chess knights move 2 squares forward for every square to the side and the moves are recorded in mixed number and letter notation.
Sounds kind of similar to project Blackjack but different rules to the game.
Its not necessarily an advanced exotic technology if its anything at all.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

If they had seen an object, they could have taken its size into consideration and made a guess on materials available at the time, but IF it was of extraterrestrial origin, who knows what materials could have been used.

At that point in history they couldn't just nip up there with a pair of weighing scales and go "ooh by 'eck, isn't it heavy".

Unless orbit velocity is tied in with weight and distance, Phage would be best answering that question.

Personally, I am starting to think that Black knight programme I linked to has somehow done the Chinese whispers round and someone has got confused.
edit on 17/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
What intrigues me is what was stated bout the sighting in 1953. The U.S. claimed they had no knowledge of it, as did the Russians.But... it's not like either side would if they did have prior knowledge of it's existence anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I would imagine there was a lot of top secret aircraft during the cold war that neither side wanted to admit too / disclose.

I'm not dismissing the possibility it was something else, just trying to help get to a sensible answer.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wasn't this helpful the first time?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Interesting, Mr. Oberg. Was there an inquiry into this mystery satellite sighting in 1953 as reported on many websites or not?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

Interesting, Mr. Oberg. Was there an inquiry into this mystery satellite sighting in 1953 as reported on many websites or not?

I'm not sure if you are actually reading the material presented on the thread or not. There was not "a satellite" in 1953, but an observation of TWO satellites (not one, but two) - and from what I can tell, nothing to link this to the so-called "black knight" satellite. They said they were "natural" orbiting "moons", I guess they were asteroids that had simply decided to enter earth orbit.

Unfortunately, no one has yet been able to produce the original article from Aviation Week published in August 1954 which revealed this discovery.So we are left with minimal information.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I wonder if such a sighting could have any connection to the Swedish "ghost rocket" sightings of 1946. These were sometimes seen on a trajectory that could have possibly put them in a polar orbit. Something the British were playing with. Or the Russians.

GHOST ROCKET REPORTS

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

I'm not sure if you are actually reading the material presented on the thread or not. There was not "a satellite" in 1953, but an observation of TWO satellites (not one, but two) - and from what I can tell, nothing to link this to the so-called "black knight" satellite. They said they were "natural" orbiting "moons", I guess they were asteroids that had simply decided to enter earth orbit.

Unfortunately, no one has yet been able to produce the original article from Aviation Week published in August 1954 which revealed this discovery.So we are left with minimal information.

Yes, I did read that material. If this is the case, why do so many cling to the original story that this satellite indeed existed? There are even strange photos of the mystery satellite that have been popped up over the years. These images are a case of mistaken identity as to what satellite it really is?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm happy this topic was brought back up, unfortunately I'm sure no new info can be given, or no real answer decided on.. here's a video I found on YouTube.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Was there an inquiry into this mystery satellite sighting in 1953 as reported on many websites or not?

The most important thing here is that a web page can be created in just seconds and that content in the internet is just copy&paste. Also this copy&paste practice is mostly illegal without proper source and/or permission about 90% of all personal homepages do it. Even big companies just copy from elsewhere without permission. And more interesting is the fact that some of these web page owners know that it's illegal to copy so they exchange words or swap a few lines to hide their tactic. It's pretty hard to fill a blog with unique content so most of those just copy from elsewhere.

So finding a story about xy on 1000 pages is no conformation that 1000 people seen it. In most cases it's just proof that 1 web page created a story (even those professional news outlets creates fictional stories to make their news more interesting) and 999 copied it.

So without any serious proof that a signal/object has been detected 1953 it's just a fictional story copied by all those webpages. I could create such a story in a few minutes an place several articles on my several webpages and tweet them to some friends (that don't know that I also own those other pages). It will take just a few days to have this story retweeted and copied to 1000 pages. Some random webpages aren't proof for anything.

If you believe those random web pages you can start to discuss my secret coffee cup stolen from a agency that is so secret that it has no name. This cup auto refills with coffee beamed into the cup from a hidden mars coffee pool. And you will find at least 50 web pages in the net has seen this cup so it must be true

The black knight sat is a interesting story and it would be cool if a least a tiny fraction of these reports has some facts in it but I've learned that they are in most cases just fictional stories. Sadly it's pretty easy to find some unexplained observations to create a story around. For example Clive Cussler use this practice to create interesting books with conspiratorial stories based on some facts that can be proven. But it is still a fictional story even if some of those pages are true.
edit on 18-9-2012 by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Popular

The video is completely irrelevant.
The images are from STS 88 and were all taken within minutes of each other. It is the same piece of debris in all of the images.
The guys were a little sloppy on STS-88

During spacewalks debris, both small and large, are often thrown off the station for convenience, although sometimes tools unintentionally slip away. Such was the case in December 1998 when a slidewire carrier and a worksite interface were lost by the STS-88 crew while conducting an extravehicular activity (EVA) for ISS. These objects were large enough to be tracked by the U.S. SSN and were cataloged (U.S. satellite numbers 25564 and 25565). Three other objects were also released by STS-88 spacewalkers, one inadvertently (an insulation blanket) and two by design (antenna spools), although only the former was officially cataloged (Debris, 1999).

ntrs.nasa.gov...

I think this may be the insulation blanket.

Here are the original images.
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It really most likely is space debris. I can definitely see that being the case. But that's one thing you and I will most likely always disagree upon, Phage. I do not believe that NASA is the most credible group. They, I believe have not always been the paragons of truth that a lot of people may believe them to be. Some things I believe they are completely honest about; other things not so much.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

counting outwards from the sun

This is the only part that I find a bit suspicious. The word sun is a human word that we have given our own star. The fact that they refer to their star as sun makes me think this is a human generated signal.

This is still extremely interesting nonetheless. Good post OP.
edit on 17-9-2012 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

Wait, thats the ONLY bit you find suspicious?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

counting outwards from the sun

This is the only part that I find a bit suspicious. The word sun is a human word that we have given our own star. The fact that they refer to their star as sun makes me think this is a human generated signal.

This is still extremely interesting nonetheless. Good post OP.
edit on 17-9-2012 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

Aren't all the words human ones?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I don't think I have heard about Black Night so this is interesting stuff. I had to go find and read more after I read through your post. I found the following statement below on a website.

According to the source, by 2016, this probe/UFO will makes its path back into Earth’s orbit. Orbiting every 15-20 years.

So if it is expected to be in earths orbit again soon, this gives the opportunity to research and investigate more ?

Also it is noted that it took action to avoid collision with an asteroid? I found that this was discussed by former Airforce Sgt. Clifford Stone. I was trying to find information on this statement b/c i find that fascinating too. But I can only find reference to this Clifford Stone discussing it.

Also it took a corrective course to avoid collision with another asteroid.

linking some sites i was reading

mysteryoftheinquity.wordpress.com...

stationsixunderground.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join