It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah warns US over film as death toll rises to 19

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
They will get wiped out in less than 5 minutes....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

You know that article does a great way of explaining everything except the contents of the movie. What's the movie about? Is there a link to what has been shown so far?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

Not sure if it is ok with T&C to link to that here. So I am not going to link

But google be your freind

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
reply to post by moniesisfun

No. I don't think this is bending over to anyone. I think it's making a rational decision that also shows compassion for people who are weaker than us.

Yes we are, were allowing them to kill innocent people, over a movie they don't have to watch. Not to mention A movie that their government can censor themselves its such a big deal. They're making demands of us when they should be making demands to their own Gov.

If we are to fight, too many lives will be lost IN VEIN. We can defend our culture on our own damned land. Stay out of theirs. If they are too freaking backwards, then let's just extract our culture from their awareness in full. It's like we tried to get them to grow up on an accelerated pace, but they burned out...or are in the process of it.

articles.cnn.com...:US

Theres been a recent string of bomb threats, riots of reach Australia, so for peaceful protest in Canada and the U.S(which I applaud with cautious optimism.) Were not fighting a nation but a Violent extremist who pervert a religion to justify violence and then us PC culutre into blackmailing sympathy I for one wish to see this end.

They aren't threatening your way of life, or your family. This guy is asking the film not to be released in Muslim land. It's vastly different.

quote from your originally reply to me.

If this goes much further, everyone loses.

You, I, your kids....

You seem to think that if the movie goes through we all can lose, and Its been made apparent by the title of this thread they're willing to hurt more people and why not us? I mean they have already burned embassies killed ambassadors.

You don't want them to export their radical's views in our country, right? So maybe we should keep the nutballs who want to instigate stuff from their boundaries.

Who says the already don't? In our Nation their allowed to spew whatever hateful rhetoric they want, just like any crazy person as the right too here as long as they don't harass or harm others. I don't like it so I ignore it. Just like they should instead of resorting to violence.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
So it starts with a movie clip. Pull it because a group of people are killing people over it.

Better yet, let's make a law against things like that, right? Can't have people getting killed because a group of people got insulted over it. After all, this is just an isolated incident......right?

I mean, it's not like this group of people have ever rioted or put a bounty on someone's head for drawing a cartoon of Muhammad, right?

It's not like they've put a bounty to to have the head of anyone that wrote a book that spoke badly about them.....right?

Hope you can tell I'm being sarcastic here.

I can't remember the last time the Pope put a bounty on someone's head for making a bad political cartoon of him.

Or Mormons rioting in the street.......

Or Buddhist monks storming some country's embassy..........

Don't get me wrong, plenty of different religions out there have waged war and killed people in their name in the past (Christians have a pretty long rap sheet too).

But it seems only in the modern era, in this day an age that Islam continues to do so (small amount of extremist or not, they are doing it in the name of Islam).

Don't get me wrong. I've lived all around the world, and respect people's beliefs. I've shared their customs and did as asked, because I was in their house. I also find it in bad taste to make fun of other people's beliefs and customs (whether I agree with them or not).

People have been killed. It's said. But we didn't kill them. Someone made a bad movie, and other's used it as an excuse to kill people.

And now we have to give up a right that people have shed blood over to protect? All because a small group of people are throwing a fit, like a spoiled child over it?

No.

Everyone on this planet has someone that will make fun of them, or do something we might find insulting. Should we kill over it?

No.

We should all act like adults and pretend that we really are in the 21st century.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

I watched it. Check the segment from 5:08-5:28.

That is the problem. The guy is unwittingly being racist.

The correct response was to voice against muslim extremists, not all muslims.

Not denying there's a messy situation in Europe with Muslim extremists.

Not saying I have an easy answer, either.

edit on 17-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Or Buddhist monks storming some country's embassy..........

When Buddhist monks protest

They set THEMSELVES on fire.

Just thought I would point out that there is a huge difference between blowing yourself up on a bus full of schoolchildren and setting yourself on fire.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

There religion is about six centuries behind christians.

Weren't we fighting the crusades about six centuries ago

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Do you live in the north pole !! Extremists are taking over our countries ! Europe , Australia , Norway , it's just a matter of time and more people with your attitude and we will all be F$&@ED !!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

We? Someone was fighting the crusades but not the modern Western world in less you are implying that we all Christian instead of a multi-culture compounded of many different religions.

Honestly bringing in "but the crusades!!" is a straw-man argument at best.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

I'm saying we all lose if we allow the elite to play us all.

I'm seeing extremists corrupting the minds of more moderates on both sides.

Real critical thought is devolving into mere barbarism.

Are any of you actually talking about pitting "the west" against the muslim world?

Because I'm pretty sure that idea is not your own.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004

Do you live in the north pole !! Extremists are taking over our countries ! Europe , Australia , Norway , it's just a matter of time and more people with your attitude and we will all be F$&@ED !!

No they are not taking over our countries. They want to and they are trying to but they are not taking over.

I am sure there are plenty of people that will fight to prevent that from happening.

Even though we prefer not to fight, it seems , if things keep going the way they are going, we will have to fight.
edit on 17-9-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Fine, kill all the extremists. Blow them up, already. Leave the moderate laymen alone.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Uhhh, didn't know we were talking about the "elite" here. There is no master plan, this is simply Extremist causing riots and threating people. I'm not talking about pitting the west against an entire religion but putting our foot down against these the extremist that have pervert the Muslim religion and use it to incite violence and then threaten more if we don't meet their demands.

I would preach the same if it were any religion or non-religion/ideology causing this. Freedom of speech allows peaceful protest and pave the way towards enlightenment and something we should always stand for.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Christians sure did. They tortured and killed people for not being Christians too.

Burned people at the stake who were Christians too, but they DARED spoke against the church or had slightly different views.

or burned because they were accused of being witches......

Oh the list goes on and on.

But are they doing that NOW?

How can one religion be 600 years behind another religion? Religions come and go. Some were started earlier than others, some much, much earlier.

However, last I looked, people of Islam are still here in the 21st century with the rest of us. They drive cars, fly jets, have scientist........

So why is it their religion makes them revert back to times in centuries past?

There is no reason. Instead, a smaller group of them are using it as an excuse.

Many have said it on here: the violence being committed isn't by most muslims. It's being done by a very small minority of extremist.

And since that is true: why should we allow this very small minority of people who wish to act like savages to dictate terms to the rest of the world, including the majority of those in their own religion that do not agree with how they are acting????

We should not. No one should.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

There is no reason. Instead, a smaller group of them are using it as an excuse.

This is the truth that everone needs to really understand.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You may not see it now, but the media is shaping this into a very black and white picture.

Maybe I'm skipping too many steps and not correctly seeing the end result, but I get HUGE red flashes in my mind when I see this video being released.

It will convert many moderates into extremists, just as our western MSM is doing here.

This conversation is very draining, and I seem to already be ill. I'm calling it a night.

My apologies for flipping earlier to everyone in this thread.

It just feels like a really bad move.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

No problem, this topic get people heated but it would be nice if he didn't call people idiotic indirectly or not

I hope you understand I'm not wishing for bloodshed but I also won't allow the crazy people to run the mental institution either so to speak.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You may not see it now, but the media is shaping this into a very black and white picture.

Maybe I'm skipping too many steps and not correctly seeing the end result, but I get HUGE red flashes in my mind when I see this video being released.

It will convert many moderates into extremists, just as our western MSM is doing here.

This conversation is very draining, and I seem to already be ill. I'm calling it a night.

My apologies for flipping earlier to everyone in this thread.

It just feels like a really bad move.

Look, I agree with you: I think someone used this video to spark things.

There was gas filled in the room, and someone, or some group, knew all it would take is one match to make the whole thing blow up. And light the match they did. And now it's like a chain reaction, others are using it as an excuse.

They have to be, else all those places that are rioting now, would have been doing it on the same day.

People are being egged on to commit acts of violence, because it is fitting someone else's agenda.

These people are being USED like a tool.

And if you stop and think about it, the rest of us might be used too if we do not keep an eye on this:

1) Used as an excuse to send in more troops, bomb more people, etc.

2) Used to make people have an opinion that they may not have had before all this.

3) Used to make people not think, and instead just go along with the very idea that was posted in this thread:

To pull the video. To limit what people can or can not say about Islam. To maybe even pass laws against it.

So what's so wrong about that?

What is wrong about it, is it sets a precedent. From there other laws can be passed. And if the laws set to keep people from saying or doing things that people of Islam will find insulting is up held by SCOTUS....then that precedence can be used to further things even more....like say: it's against the law to say anything insulting or critical about your government.

Might sound far fetched, but remember: the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I don't like it when people make fun of someone's religion. But then I don't like reading about some woman being stoned to death either because their religion controls their government and allows it.

I may not be able to change something like that, but I'll be damned if my government is going to take away my right to speak out against it..........all because it might incite some small group to riot (when most likely it won't.....not unless someone USES it to do so).

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
They should pull it, if people are going to get hurt or killed is it worth crying "freedom of speech" over this?

I know it's not right, and I know it goes against everything freedom of speech is supposed to mean, but you have to weigh up the costs involved.

Is it worth risking peoples lives over?

I don't think so.

Yes, it's worth it. Even if more people die - if they do, it wont be because of this film, it will be because of the people doing the violence.

Once you give in to terrorist demands and cause it to change your laws to cater to them, you will be on a slippery slope you cannot recover from. This IS the reason why Americans fight for their Freedom and way of life. To Protect, To Preserve. If you give into this, all the deaths of the boys who have fought on behalf of Americans since 1776 will have been in vain. Giving into this is the absolute worst thing you can do.

Your not an American I take it from your Union Jack, so I'll go easy on you. If an American had said those things, I'd call that American a traitor to the U.S. Constitution. We feel strongly about these things because it has been the driving force behind our freedoms for over 200 years. We aren't about to back down now.

Here's a tribute to Our First Lady, The Statue of Liberty.

edit on 17-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join