It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus evolve into the Christ? Past lives of Jesus.... And let's talk about the Freemasonry too!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment
reply to post by LeSigh

This is a contradiction to Jesus word and thats what I personally have chosen to understand and go by.

Suit yourself and believe what you may.

Its all speculation and the interpretation is debatable as I have done so.

I wont quote all the scripture that indeed contradicts.

The seeker will either see it or they wont.

Its pretty clear from where I stand.

The Epistle of Hebrews is considered canon and is one of the books of the New Testament.

The Bible is only speculation if you do not consider it the word of God.

If that is the case then why believe anything thr Bible says at all? Atleast the atheists are vocal about there unbelief so make it clear which line of the sand they're on.

Are you an occultist? Most New Agers have involvement with the Occult. The reason I ask is you claim to "love Jesus" but then go on to slander him with blasphemy?
edit on 20-9-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

No problem. I thought I had read earlier in the thread about deification. I was simply sharing that some Christian groups also believe in it- though maybe not in the way that you do. I was simply focusing on potential commonalities instead of divergences. Most are unfamiliar with Eastern Orthodox mystical theology. Even our concept of heaven and hell diverge from what you're used to. That's all. You don't have to respond back. If you do- you can when you're feeling more on top of things. As I said, no worries. It's easy to get confused on-line and misunderstand. What's clear to me isn't something I'm always good at communicating anyway. Peace.
reply to post by LeSigh

Thanks for hanging in there. I understand, I think, what you are saying.

My thoughts...

Do you think it is reasonable a man gets one life to get it right?

What if they are ten? Do they get another try?

What if they are mere infants?

A person who was abused her whole life and turned to prostitution and??

You see what I mean.

I think the concept of having one life and being judged is illogical in all of my spirit and soul.

"Before Abraham I am" Jesus, I dont think was saying he was God, but saying I was here before Abraham, and he was. King Solomon was another... Jesus said basically a better man stands before Solomon. Not because he was God, his father and our father but because he had more wisdom than Solomon could ever dream. This is why Jesus carried our burden. The Cross because he indeed loves us so much.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

1. Could you please quote for me ( I am missing it I guess) where she called Christ Satan?

2. What is a New Ager that you keep referring to? What does that mean to you personally

3. Define Christianity to me. Not a Wiki link or copy past from the Internet, but in your own words define what a Christian is to you.

These things would make it easier for me to debate with you and see where you are come from. I consider myself Christian and obviously you do to, but we seem to be polar opposites.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

My word is going against your word. Do you get it?

Your imaginary God is not mine.

I imagine something different when I read the Word. I am not alone.

Your word is a hateful one. Thats how I view it.

We will never agree and we are so opposite. My heart aches for you.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by MamaJ

You know MamaJ, Christ alluded to this when he talked with Nicodemis(sp) the first time. There is a clip on a thread on ATS about it.

Where in the Bible does it allude to Christ being reincarnated? Please share this with us. I have asked MamaJ to back up her claims several times but she has refused to.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

It's not about that. What about those millions of souls that existed before Christ or never heard of them in say.. South America? Millions of souls damned and they never had a chance. What is to happen to them on their judgement when they never had the chance to hear of this religion?

I'm with Einstein, God don't roll the dice, not at all.

We could be here to learn fundamental lessons about existence and the wheel of life. How to productively exist and be. That's it. And until those lessons are learned we are simply reborn, which is more or less is what she is saying. And this lessons can be learned through self reflection (Buddhism) or through religion (Abraham religions). Edgar Cayce, if they didn't have a non-profit institute after him and so much.. literature i'd be skeptical. But it's hard to be skeptical when presented evidence, we are hear to deny ignorance hm? Just because i don't believe doesn't mean it ain't real. And that's the same problem Edgar ran into. Good luck trying to debunk that guy.

So much hate and negative energy simply because either believes their way is the only way and few realize that they are all pointing to send you to the same place. The exact same place. And to put it into perspective i wonder if heaven is sliced up for the different religions, a section for the Catholics, Christians, Jews, Muslims, so on and so forth.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

HA! Thanks for making me laugh, I needed it. lol Im still laughing.

I can totally understand why one would be an atheist or drop the Bible like hot toast.

I do understand!

What I don't understand is why you can't just drop it. I said before, and you refuted, that you are clinging to it. Well if that isn't what you are doing then what else can you call it.

At least write a clear version of the meaning you have gotten out of it, instead of trying to share the same words with others and then act surprised when each group has a different message and, worst yet, act like yours is any more valid.
edit on 20-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I really doubt you have read it over and over. Because I know the Bible is the infallible word of God I do not interpret it how I thing it should be. I let the word of God speak for it self. Jesus Christ is the word made flesh. If there is something I'm not sure about I go to him and seek council. When we trust ourselves for answers all we will end up with is error

Try it and let me know what ya think. You may find it comes alive in you too and you are not just preaching down someones neck like you have hell all figured out. Maybe you do. Maybe in a past life you saw the pit and you are still trying to control your tongue??? I dont know. Is that a problem for you? You know yourself...??

Let the Word of God speak through you in love, not hate. You are choosing your God. The God of hate and fear because this is what you feel. Why?

Did you know most people who visit hell in nde experiments are Christians.

Its unreal and the statistics probably show this because you have to believe in it before it can manifest. Think on that one.

Trust God and trust no man, but make sure your heart is open to receive him on his terms, not your earthly ones.

He is not you, Thank God!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

It's not about that. What about those millions of souls that existed before Christ or never heard of them in say.. South America? Millions of souls damned and they never had a chance. What is to happen to them on their judgement when they never had the chance to hear of this religion?

If you sincerely wanted to know the answers to your questions, you would have seeked them by now. But this is not possible if you have hardened your heart to the Gospel.

So much hate and negative energy simply because either believes their way is the only way and few realize that they are all pointing to send you to the same place. The exact same place. And to put it into perspective i wonder if heaven is sliced up for the different religions, a section for the Catholics, Christians, Jews, Muslims, so on and so forth.

Jesus is the ONLY way and the reason this is so significant is because he is the only person to claim it. This is what makes Christianity unique and separate from all the world religions.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

HA! Thanks for making me laugh, I needed it. lol Im still laughing.

I can totally understand why one would be an atheist or drop the Bible like hot toast.

I do understand!

What I don't understand is why you can't just drop it. I said before, and you refuted, that you are clinging to it. Well if that isn't what you are doing then what else can you call it.

At least write a clear version of the meaning you have gotten out of it, instead of trying to share the same words with others and then act surprised when each group has a different message and, worst yet, act like yours is any more valid.
edit on 20-9-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

Give me the freedom of thinking out loud, would ya?

I cling, what can I say? I have all of my life! Why stop now? I enjoy pondering.... Im a Pisces.

The clearest version is a book. Gotta break it down in a forum.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Shout to NewAgeMan for this knowledge, this is his info. I'm just sharing

Nicodemus and Jesus - Reborn
go to 2:24 in the vid - segment runs to 5:35

edit on 20-9-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The exact same place. And to put it into perspective i wonder if heaven is sliced up for the different religions, a section for the Catholics, Christians, Jews, Muslims, so on and so forth.

Oh my God, I love this. That was soooooooo funny to read!

I mean.... really, thats what Im talking about.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie

The Resurrection is an event that is outside of time, so to speak. Christ descended into Hades and preached to the dead. Those who die never having heard of Christ will be judged on their hearts and how they acted on what they did know. God loves them just as much as the rest of us.

Here is what 'hell' is. This is the traditional Christian view. You may never have heard of it. I certainly hadn't for the first twenty-nine years of my life.

First, the general use of the word ‘hell’ isn’t quite accurate. We have sheol/hades (the grave). The righteous and unrighteous dead are separated. The Christian scriptures also speak of the lake of fire (gehenna). What I’m about to share is the Orthodox Christian view of heaven and hell. This is the traditional understanding of ancient Christendom.

Here is a quote from an old Wikipedia article that I thought explained it well (the article itself doesn’t seem to be around anymore): “For many ancient Christians, Hell was the same ‘place’ as Heaven: living in the presence of God and directly experiencing God’s love. Whether this was perceived as pleasure or torment depended on one’s disposition towards God. St. Isaac of Syria wrote in Mystic Treatises: “…those who find themselves in Hell will be chastised by the scourge of love. How cruel and bitter this torment of love will be! For those who understand that they have sinned against love, undergo greater suffering than those produced by the most fearful tortures. The sorrow which takes hold of the heart, which has sinned against love, is more piercing than any other pain. It is not right to say that the sinners in Hell are deprived of the love of God…But love acts in two ways, as suffering of the reproved, and as joy in the blessed!” This ancient view is still the doctrine of the Eastern Orthodox Church.”

God is the light of 'heaven' and the fire of 'hell'. He doesn't change. He's the same either way.

edit on 20-9-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Reincarnation is a lie and so is "God-Consciousness". The Bible is clear about what happens when someone dies:

The Bible says in Hebrews 9:27; "It is appointed to each man once to die and then comes judgment." Contrary to the false promises of reincarnation, this present life is all that we are granted to work with. Beyond the veil of death, the expanse of eternity awaits us all. The decisions that we make now will ultimately determine our place in it.

New Ageism is a doctrine of demons and will lead whoever follows it into hell for eternity.
edit on 20-9-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Edgar Cayce, if they didn't have a non-profit institute after him and so much.. literature i'd be skeptical.

I have always admired him for who he was. Such a great man! I feel such a connection with him.

He sacrificed himself for others and was loved by everyone he met.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

Ahhh, very nice. Time to retract that statement and rethink things.. as usual

Good, good. But i get to keep the comments about heaven though!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by MamaJ

Reincarnation is a lie and so is "God-Consciousness". The Bible is clear about what happens when someone dies.

The Bible says in Hebrews 9:27; "It is appointed to each man once to die and then comes judgment." Contrary to the false promises of reincarnation, this present life is all that we are granted to work with. Beyond the veil of death, the expanse of eternity awaits us all. The decisions that we make now will ultimately determine our place in it.

New Ageism is a doctrine of demons.

I dont need religion. I have God.

You better run along before you get possessed. Never know, I may do a spell on ya.

Im just kidding... I already told you I believe Jesus over that verse in Hebrews. Sorry. Judgement will happen when God is good and ready.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

ditto, amen

I feel good.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Hebrews 9 Doesn't disprove reincarnation...

the subject wasn't reincarnation in that chapter, it involved whether or not Jesus had to die more than once for the sins of mankind.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Very moving, thank you for that!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join