It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big light in the sky. Could it be ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a phenomenon caused by sunlight reflecting off the dust cloud surrounding the sun ? It sure is!

Amazing sighting nonetheless.

Monday, September 17, 2012: Zodiacal light was visible at the Mt. Lemmon Skycenter in Arizona on September 15, 2012. This sky phenomenon is caused by sunlight reflecting off the dust cloud surrounding the sun, concentrated in the plane of the solar system.

www.space.com...

edit on 17-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
That's what they want you to think...We all know it's Nibiru...
...Just Kidding...

Awesome picture though.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If you look carefully, you can see Anunnaki spaceships behind it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

SO thats there story .. is it? Hummm never heard of it before.. Looks like a Star.. to me.. BIG ASS ONE really close...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hollwd

A huge star does not simply vanish and cause zero gravitational disturbance.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hollwd

The "star" you're seeing is probably the moon. The Zodiacal light is the "triangle" light formation below it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Zodiacal light is a faint, roughly triangular, diffuse white glow seen in the night sky that appears to extend up from the vicinity of the Sun along the ecliptic or zodiac.[1] It is best seen just after sunset and before sunrise in spring and autumn when the zodiac is at a steep angle to the horizon. Caused by sunlight scattered by space dust in the zodiacal cloud, it is so faint that either moonlight or light pollution renders it invisible.

It is curious that if that is the moon, that the moonlight didn't render the Zodical Light invisible.

earthsky.org...

The zodiacal light – or false dawn – is an eerie light extending up from the horizon. You’re most likely to see it about an hour after sunset in late winter or early spring, or an hour before dawn in the late summer or early autumn.

edit on 17-9-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think it's exhaust from all the space ships out there waiting for December 21st.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I still find the timing of this phenomena amazing at worst and your lack of thread just plain worse.

edit on 17-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Did this look orange to your naked eye? I ask because last night my son called me, he lives in Pa., and he was excited having just witnessed 4 falling stars.. but mentioned that he was "waiting for this other star to fall." It was orange, and he told me that it kept moving around, zig zagging, but didn't fall yet.lol. I didn't go outside to look because a.,it was raining here, and b., I'm in NC.

Anyone see an orange star like thing in the sky last night-zig-zagging?

PS~My son wouldn't make this up. I could tell you why, but it's irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

This thread is fantastic what are you saying!!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd

SO thats there story .. is it? Hummm never heard of it before.. Looks like a Star.. to me.. BIG ASS ONE really close...

Actually, that would be Venus next to the Beehive cluster.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

One must've backfired, called AAA.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hey you people wan't to see something funny? Check out this guy in brisbane, Aus who is convinced that he has found Nibiru, the governments are lying and this couldn't possibly be Venus because its around the other side of the world

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Hey you people wan't to see something funny? Check out this guy in brisbane, Aus who is convinced that he has found Nibiru, the governments are lying and this couldn't possibly be Venus because its around the other side of the world

How did I know that was going to be neddyflanders before I even clicked on it?
"The Venus constellation" lol!
Actually what he is calling Venus and Jupiter at that point in the video are the stars Alpha Crucis and Mimosa respectively. What he calls Nibiru immediately thereafter (on the next image) is in fact Venus, and based on Venus' coordinates in that image (as well as Jupiter's coordinates, which is also in the image), it was taken on about July 28th. He also refers to another star as a "brown dwarf" and that is in fact Aldebaran (not the first time he's made that mistake). I know all this because I ran astrometry on his images. Here are the fits files containing WCS data which you can use with a variety of programs to get the coordinates of every spot in each image:
nova.astrometry.net...
nova.astrometry.net...

new topics

top topics

join