It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum: Smart people will never be on our side

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yep - really!!

Former presidential candidate Rick Santorum attacked the media and "smart people" for not being on the side of conservatives in a speech to the Values Voter Summit on Saturday.

"We will never have the media on our side, ever, in this country," Santorum, a former Pennsylvania senator, told the audience at the Omni Shoreham hotel. "We will never have the elite, smart people on our side."

Amazingly enough, I agree with him on this!!

but think about it - now this leading "conservative" says you cannot be conservative and "smart" - what does that tell you about:

1/ him, and
2/ what he thinks of his followers??

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thats why they oppose critical thinking skills in school. 1.Dumb down the population, 2. make outrageous claims of a better tomorrow, 3. rake in the votes.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It seems the whole political world is turning into a caricature of itself.

Rarely a day goes by where you don't hear about some numb-nut putting his/her foot in their mouth, AGAIN

Unbelievable how anyone has any faith in any of them any longer

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
..and he wonder's why he didn't get the nomination.

I was surprised he lasted as long as he did in the primary. I'd have thought him and Bachman would have been gone way early..

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I see a bit deeper into that statement. The fact is the true history of America is not taught in school nor will it ever be. Teachers unions ensure the Liberal agenda is drilled into students heads over and over. The educated are basicly brainwashed with Liberal spew for 20 years so little wonder they come out hating Conservatives. Are they taught the KKK was started by a Democrat? Are they taught the Civil War was started because democrats refused to give up their slaves? Are they taught Republicans fought for black equality since the signing of the Constitution? Are they taught Al Gore SR was filibustering the GOP bill to ensure blacks right to vote when JFK was shot effectively ending it? Are they taught anything but what the left wants them to know? Educated does not mean smart. Some of the dumbest people i ever knew were highly educated.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ahhh, Ayatollah Rick al-Santorum strikes again.

Frothy (his aka) is a religious extremist, hes ignorant, a paid for lobbyist and he hates freedom.

Besides all that, he looks like hes constantly smelling dootie.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

politicians are puppets, puppets need tele prompter or people can tell they are dumb

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

It explains why Palin is such a rock star!

ATS has really proved Rick's point.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I see a bit deeper into that statement. The fact is the true history of America is not taught in school nor will it ever be. Teachers unions ensure the Liberal agenda is drilled into students heads over and over. The educated are basicly brainwashed with Liberal spew for 20 years so little wonder they come out hating Conservatives. Are they taught the KKK was started by a Democrat? Are they taught the Civil War was started because democrats refused to give up their slaves? Are they taught Republicans fought for black equality since the signing of the Constitution?

are they taught that those Democrats and Republicans would not longer recognise the parties in the current iteration, and they have essentially "changed sides" in the last 50 or so years??

thanks for reinforcing Ricks point!!

edit on 17-9-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
That's probably the smartest thing Rick Santorum ever said!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
JFK was assassinated because he was going to move the Democrat party more conservative. The Democrat party still enslaves the black community through entitlements. The Democrat party has been conducting legal genocide of the black community since 1974, 13 million to date and 2000 a day currently. Lyndon Johnson,forced to sign the bill his party was filibustering threw in entitlements and said to 2 governors: I'll have those n*&#@s voting Democrat for the next 200 years. Clinton,Pelosi,Reid and pretty much all the Democrats were screaming that Iraq had WMD's and they had to be stopped at all cost before Bush ever took office. Iraq was the Democrats war essentially. No,the Democrat party of lies has not changed since it's inception.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What I read is this
Random irrelevant guy says something stupid.

Why is his name in the news? He is not news, he is a failed fundy crackpot...tired of making superstars out of nobodys that was rejected not only by the 66% of americans, but by even his own party he was pretending to stand for...

Why do we care about someone less than 10% of the country thinks is relevant. stop putting cameras in his face and start putting them in the backrooms of wall street.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Context...

I could care less about Santorum, but...

He might as well have made little "quote" signs with his fingers when he said smart people.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Why is his name in the news? He is not news, he is a failed fundy crackpot...tired of making superstars out of nobodys that was rejected not only by the 66% of americans, but by even his own party he was pretending to stand for...

The forum is "US Political Madness" - I think this fits the "madness" part very well!!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

The forum is "US Political Madness" - I think this fits the "madness" part very well!!

Agreed, the guy is mad, off the rails insane.

But politically speaking, he is as relevant as a dish towel now. He doesn't influence the electorate, he has no sway in regards to republican policy direction, etc.

He became irrelevant because he is such a twit..so, outside of fringe political nutjobs, then ya...Bob Dole has more political relevance than this guy...This is more "celebrity madness" frankly, because he is now little more than a silly monkey..put him next to Octomom, Sarah Palin, and the Kardashians...

Just tired of fringe nuts becoming celebs..their crazy tends to suddenly creep into national discourse when it needs to be shoved back into the shadows of insanity it belongs.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Just tired of fringe nuts becoming celebs..their crazy tends to suddenly creep into national discourse when it needs to be shoved back into the shadows of insanity it belongs.

TBH from way down here in the Sth Pacific the whole "right wing" of US politics looks like "fringe nuts" - it is difficult to tell one frothing nut job hypocrite who wants the Govt out of peoples lives but in their bedrooms & wombs (re homosexuality and abortion) and minds (re religion) from another - whether they managed to fool a bunch of rabid followers into geting a nomination to the presidency or not!!

Not saying the other side is any smarter or better or worse for the USA or anyone else, but the Republicans, Tea Party, & "religious right" look, from this distance, to be entirely insane.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

TBH from way down here in the Sth Pacific the whole "right wing" of US politics looks like "fringe nuts" - it is difficult to tell one frothing nut job hypocrite who wants the Govt out of peoples lives but in their bedrooms & wombs (re homosexuality and abortion) and minds (re religion) from another - whether they managed to fool a bunch of rabid followers into geting a nomination to the presidency or not!!

Not saying the other side is any smarter or better or worse for the USA or anyone else, but the Republicans, Tea Party, & "religious right" look, from this distance, to be entirely insane.

Thats the issue actually.
The most extreme fringe has taken over/out the republican party. it started with koch =taking over= the grassroots movement, The Tea Party. From there they piggybacked certain politicians on the popularity of the now corporate hyped up "grassroots" plastic movement they converted it to, and got politicians from the fringe in. So, it was a takeover of the republican party within a matter of 4 years.

The right has changed dramatically in a very short time. When you got a potential elected official talking about how if her side doesn't win, they will violently overthrow the government (2nd amendment remedys), you got congresswoman wanting to find communists in congress, etc...the republican idealism is not what the republicans are today.
and part of this is from our reality tv mindset wanting to push the nutcases in the limelight verses the traditional way we dealt with these types..remove the mics, turn the lights off, and simply dismiss their relevance

What Rick said. They will never get the smart vote. Well, if the republicans keep making superstars off their idiots, and refuse facts, then he is dead on...the issue is then, not to gain the smart vote, but rather to dumb down the population.

The republicans are becoming an extinct species

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I was taught those things, I was also taught not to conveniently leave out inconvenient facts such as the Democrats of then are the Republicans now. The southern, white, Christian men of those days were Democrats and when they began losing ground they infiltrated the Republican Party and so the Republicans then which are the Democrats of today infiltrated the Democratic Party. They flip flopped and never switched back. Though today it's hard to tell the difference between the two on way too many crucial issues.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

But politically speaking, he is as relevant as a dish towel now. He doesn't influence the electorate, he has no sway in regards to republican policy direction, etc.

Don't fool yourself, Rick has the ear of some very influential people in the GOP and outside contributors in the corporate sector includeing the Koch bros. And to think the Koch bros aren't influential to the GOP is foolish.

thepoliticalcarnival.net...

and part of this is from our reality tv mindset wanting to push the nutcases in the limelight verses the traditional way we dealt with these types..remove the mics, turn the lights off, and simply dismiss their relevance

That's not going to happen as long as Government is the entertainment arm of the military/industrial complex as Zappa put it so well. We know what political party is joined at the hip with the M/I complex.
edit on 17-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow, didn't realize that intelligence was elitism.

Honestly I'm a loss for word I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the jokes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join