It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slender Man Attack Caught on Vid?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Reply to post by blackmetalmist

I think the game would be tons funner if it was micheal meyers, I would dig playing the classics if there were made into a game.

Off topic I know. :p

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

My boyfriend is a goon and knows the poster who did the 'shoop. So I can sort-of personally vouch for this being factual.

I do giggle every time I see a slenderman post on the internet, though. Good job, Something Awful. Good job.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
so a fan of creepypasta and paranormal activity movies made a quick video to entertain us.

good work, although he seems to climax at the conclusion of a masturbation session in the end.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I know these people!!! Its not fake so please stop with the disrespectful comments and the crude analogies! This person is looking for help, not more pain.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by writerbaby
I know these people!!! Its not fake so please stop with the disrespectful comments and the crude analogies! This person is looking for help, not more pain.

Regardless of what these particular people are experiencing, "Slenderman" is a documented hoax, read the link I posted. It is possible that, if they realized that it was a hoax, that would be all the help that they need, no?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It doesn't matter. All of you who would even consider that "Slenderman" might be real are so new to the internet, you need a booklet and a tour guide to help you out. Otherwise, you'd know that the website Reddit, which is only a few steps above 4chan quality-wise, invented "Slenderman" as part of a campaign to create the creepiest mythical creature. All the documentation and evidence is only part of the ruse, designed to make it look more official and therefore more entertaining.

Welcome to 2012, people. You can't even trust your own eyes.
edit on 18-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

It doesn't matter. All of you who would even consider that "Slenderman" might be real are so new to the internet, you need a booklet and a tour guide to help you out. Otherwise, you'd know that the website Reddit, which is only a few steps above 4chan quality-wise, invented "Slenderman" as part of a campaign to create the creepiest mythical creature. All the documentation and evidence is only part of the ruse, designed to make it look more official and therefore more entertaining.

Actually, it was Something Awful, not reddit, but otherwise, you and I are in complete agreement (for a change, lol)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yep, it was over at Something Awful. And yes, he is a total fake. Still it is weird how people seem to be seeing the darn thing every so often (callers to Coast To Coast AM and Ground Zero for example - I wonder how easily such ideas are catching in the collective psyche?).

If anyone is interested, I put together a blog article a year or so ago on that very creature - I'll link you up...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by demonid011

You do realize that Slenderman was created by 4chan as part of a contest to create creepy content, right?

You do know that, right?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

There's NO such bloody thing. Slender man is a creation from the something awful forums.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

you know this character is not even from folklore right? it was created on 4chan, most likely in /x/, spawned out of someone who loves creepypasta.

cmon now people. no legit case of slenderman exists.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

also.. look at the captions prior to the videos.
look at the window.
the window never leaves the camera focus', it is always in frame.

look at the mirror.
as he walks up to her, you can see him jerk the camera up because he doesnt have the mirror in frame.

edit on 19-9-2012 by gostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

edit on 18-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

reddit did not create slenderman.
i think you need to revise your booklet.

tri-force
new ___

lol.

/thread

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by gladtobehere

Do you have any idea what it's like to have a SEVERE eye phobia and come across that picture? Thanks a lot, now I have to go find my cat. I inadvertently launched her across the room when I saw that pic.

I'm sayin'. I would not finish nursing because of the pics of eyes disected. Imagine having to see your child after eye surgery with blood coming out of the eye YES I almost fainted.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I have to admit that when I first saw the title I thought it said Spider man attack. I was kind of wondering what a fictional comic book hero was doing attacking people.

That said, as others have suggested, I do believe this is fake. Slender man is a game as far as I know. In fact, I have the website for it saved in my bookmarks. It's one I have been meaning to play when I got some spare time( Things have been crazy lately).

slendergame.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mikeone718

LOL.

Why would ATS keep something so obviously faked as a topic. Doesn't it belittle a serious attempt at discussing the paranormal?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by writerbaby

i hope this is sarcasm...

if not, RIGHT.....

this story has been around a few years, def fake.

those interested should check out minecraft, crappy graphics, but its kinda part of the game. but theres a bad guy called Enderman. heres a VIDEO.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Slenderman came up last week while I was reviewing a play in North Hollywood.
The director ended it with a slenderman in the background then the lights cut out and he was a little closer.
I was in the back and could tell most people didn't see him because it was only a lightning/thunder flash that lit the stage.
The last scene he was inches away from the front row and a woman actually jumped up as she screamed she was so frightened.

Anyway long story short I was talking to the director afterword to get a sense of his artistic direction and he mentioned slenderman.
He brings up the whole slenderman is fake and it was part of an interweb prank to try and start a new urban legend.
As soon as he said that it jogged my memory and I remember someone running a contest to start the best new urban legend.
I just never followed through to see what the results were.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Slender Man is not even a real creature......

Anyway long story short I was talking to the director afterword to get a sense of his artistic direction and he mentioned slenderman.
He brings up the whole slenderman is fake and it was part of an interweb prank to try and start a new urban legend.
As soon as he said that it jogged my memory and I remember someone running a contest to start the best new urban legend.
I just never followed through to see what the results were.

Yep. In fact, the first versions of the urban legend had face and a hat. The first creator of Slender was Victor Surge. Marble Hornets uploaded the legend with a more scary version. MarbleHornets versions is the one we know today.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Slenderman is a character created during a REDDIT PHOTOSHOP CONTEST.
Contestants had to make scary pictures and stories to go with them.
100% fake.
Not even a real urban legend.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Wongbeedman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join