Imminent Iran nuclear threat? A timeline of warnings since 1979.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
With all the rhetoric surrounding the Middle East, primarily Iran, I thought I would share just how close Iran's nuclear program is to actually developing a weapon or how long it has been accused of such.

The first is a recent example from Israel's PM concerning Iran's "weapons program." Below is the headline from an article posted today from Reuters along with a brief snippet.

Iran on brink of nuclear bomb in 6-7 months: Netanyahu

Source

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned on Sunday that Iran would reach the brink of being able to build a nuclear bomb in just six or seven months, adding urgency to his demand that President Barack Obama set a "red line" for Tehran amid the worst U.S.-Israeli rift in decades.

Using this most recent claim as an example of how disinformation is being used to proliferate or accuse Iran of having or nearly acquiring weapons is a continual response from those who oppose this country and push for war. However if we do some research we can see how these same claims have been perpetuated for decades using the same lines and accusations of: almost, nearly there or will have them soon. Even using timelines as the above quoted article all in suggestion and fear mongering.

"This chronicle of past predictions lends historical perspective to today’s rhetoric about Iran."

Source

Fear of an Iranian nuclear weapon predates Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution, when the pro-West Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi was deep in negotiations with the US, France and West Germany, on a nuclear-energy spending spree that was to yield 20 reactors.

Late 1970s: US receives intelligence that the Shah had "set up a clandestine nuclear weapons development program."

1979: Shah ousted in the Iranian revolution, ushering in the Islamic Republic. After the overthrow of the Shah, the US stopped supplying highly enriched uranium (HEU) to Iran. The revolutionary government guided by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini condemned nuclear weapons and energy, and for a time stopped all projects.

1984: Soon after West German engineers visit the unfinished Bushehr nuclear reactor, Jane's Defence Weekly quotes West German intelligence sources saying that Iran's production of a bomb "is entering its final stages." US Senator Alan Cranston claims Iran is seven years away from making a weapon.

As we can see this same type of response or accusations have been flying around for decades using the same rhetoric as the past. So before we jump aboard the ship and join in the finger pointing and claims, remember, this type of disinformation has been published for years and still is to this day with the same results.

edit
edit on 17-9-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They are acting pretty confident right now with their statements towards Israel and the US.

What if they already have a couple nukes?

We didn't know before hand with India or Pakistan until they tested them.
I just don't trust US intelligence services or their assesments one way or the other.
They are not reliable.

WMD's anyone?

edit on 17-9-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Disinformation is something these people are good at. Or if you wanna be blunt, they are damn liars.

Wanna know how many times 6 million Jews have died?

Take a look www.holocaustdenier.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
They are acting pretty confident right now with their statements towards Israel and the US.

What if they already have a couple nukes?

We didn't know before hand with India or Pakistan until they tested them.
I just don't trust US intelligence services or their assesments one way or the other.
They are not reliable.

WMD's anyone?

edit on 17-9-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

have to agree on that statement.

besides if you (OP) do some digging you will find the we the US of A were the ones pushing for Iran to create nuclear power back then. i guess the regime change and the money from zionville has changed their minds.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I dont see the problem with Iran having nukes or a nuclear power station. Its not like they have been attacking people, or stealing any ones land. They have rich oil reserves and eventually they will run out some time. Why not go nuclear? They have the funds to do it. Plus if they have some nukes on hand, then they wont be attacked. I hope they have some nukes so that when they are attacked. They can at least take out some of the enemy.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
I dont see the problem with Iran having nukes or a nuclear power station. Its not like they have been attacking people, or stealing any ones land. They have rich oil reserves and eventually they will run out some time. Why not go nuclear? They have the funds to do it. Plus if they have some nukes on hand, then they wont be attacked. I hope they have some nukes so that when they are attacked. They can at least take out some of the enemy.

No they haven't. They have no intention of attacking anyone.. Their entire defence is based off some country attacking or invading Iran. They have stated none of their missiles can reach Europe. The longest range would be around 2000km. To me, they are not the aggressors, they are preparing for some piss ant state like Israel. As for their nukes, Islam apparently is against WMD's..

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Does anyone remember how long and vehemently Iran has stated that their nuclear facilities are purely for energy production, that they are purely for their consumption, that they had no intention of malevolence on that front? Does anyone remember how all this has escalated purely due to Israel running around screaming about how Iran is doing this, that, and the other and is gunning to destroy it from the ground up and all the while Iran denied any truth to such allegations?

Which country sent assassins in to kill of Iran's nuclear scientists? Who has been conducting cyber attacks on Iran? Has anyone done so to Israel? Who is the real malefactor here? Let's call a spade a spade: Israel is the spade.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Which country sent assassins in to kill of Iran's nuclear scientists? Who has been conducting cyber attacks on Iran? Has anyone done so to Israel? Who is the real malefactor here? Let's call a spade a spade: Israel is the spade.

True that!

I guess the question would be why?
If Israel is simply making all of this up about the nukes for the purpose of war, why?
What would be the REAL reason for invading Iran?

Surely they don't want war for wars sake, so the logical conclusion is that if Iran is not building nukes there must be another reason for Israel to want war.

I heard something about them wanting Iran's water, not sure if that's true, I really just don't know.
Anyone have any insight on a possible reason for Israel invading Iran outside of nukes?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
OP, I have proven to the forum that this time it is different and given reasons why.

If you want to know why and are actually willing to listen to what I've got to say, I will post the info again.

All the best

Wonderer2012

EDIT- I won't go into detail because I have already posted it and the logic fell on deaf ears. But if you actually want to discuss and and not ignore me when you read my points, I will post the info once more.

edit on 20-9-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Let’s say that Iran does want (or already have) the bomb. Then the question should be why?

Keeping a nuclear program going after it starts cost a lot of money. Why fund something like this?
Iran doesn't have a missile system reliable enough to be a concern for us (Iran doesn't have a missile that we can't shoot down). Who would be the target then?

Lastly, who in the Middle East is a great enough threat to the region to warrant becoming a nuclear power?

Israel? No, they may not be liked by the Iranians, but Israel isn't going to be that big of a threat. Israel attacks if it feels threatened. So then who?

Russia. Russia has already attacked a country for no other reason than to control gas pipelines (remember Georgia). Russia also can be hit by a few missiles in the Iranian arsenal, plus Russia can't shoot down some of the newer missile designs Iran has.

Wait you say, why threaten the US and Israel then? Putin has been very sneaky in the past (The Ukrainian elections, putting himself back in power as the head of Russia, and let’s not forget the Georgia affair). Why tip Russia's hand to what you're doing when it's easier to scapegoat the US while hiding your true intentions.

Originally posted by tvtexan
Surely they don't want war for wars sake, so the logical conclusion is that if Iran is not building nukes there must be another reason for Israel to want war.
I think the reason Israel is conducting the actions it is would be that they feel threatened (this would also be why we've done what we've done. You know with being a friend of Israel and all)
edit on 21-9-2012 by Guyfriday because: Forgot to add a comment, sorry.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

The leaders of Iran are radical fundamentalist and it is their intent to start a world nuclear war to bring back their Mahdi . The leaders of Iran should be in the mental hospital and they do not understand mutual distruction . Know that Russia and America will end up exchanging nukes over this thing and Iran has for sure been targeted and America has enough assets to hit them hard at the same time .

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by illuminnaughty

The leaders of Iran are radical fundamentalist and it is their intent to start a world nuclear war to bring back their Mahdi . The leaders of Iran should be in the mental hospital and they do not understand mutual distruction . Know that Russia and America will end up exchanging nukes over this thing and Iran has for sure been targeted and America has enough assets to hit them hard at the same time .

You sound like the Zionist mouth piece Sean Hannity.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Do you deny that the Iranian leaders are looking to start a world calamity by starting a world war to bring back the Mahdi?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Hey dude...who's alphabet soup payroll are you on?

Answer this question.....when was the last time Iran started a war with anyone? Eh?

How many wars has the United States started? Eh?

How often does Israel wish to drag the United States to war with Iran? Eh?
edit on 10-1-2013 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Do you deny that the Iranian leaders are looking to start a world calamity by starting a world war to bring back the Mahdi?

What do you know about the Mahdi? Mahdi is not the Antichrist.. If you do a bit of research on Islam, you will understand why. In the Koran, The Jesus saga has its own story, why would Islam want to destroy something that they believe or at the very least recognise themselves? You are getting mixed up with bs.. No doubt you are hearing this bs from so-called pastors who know nothing about Islamic teachings and if you want to know who the bad Islamists are, turn your attention to the misled extremists operating in Syria.
edit on 10-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I do know about Islam and your other post . You are Islamic and a supporter of Ahmadinejad are you not? I also know that your Koran tells you that you are to honor Israels right to the land which (Alah) gave to the Jews to live in and inhabit for ever . Your 12th Imam or the Mahdi whom some says is Mohammad is dead in the grave and will never return to this world . I also know that you can not admit that Jesus Christ died on the cross and completed the work of God because there would be no need for Mohammud .

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

If you want to go into religious backgrounds, no, I'm not Islamic.. I was baptised in a catholic church but i do not associate myself with any religion. I am happy to study the teachings of them all because I believe they all are pieces of the puzzle and by denying one, you may aswell deny them all. When it comes down to it, they are all talking about the same thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

This up and coming war is going to be the Gog and Magog war of Ezekiel 38 . We the world are going to war and Iran will be the reason . Iran was not even on Israels radar until that sawed off nutcase Ahmadinejad had to go and threaten to wipe Israel off the map . Then he said that he wanted to start a world war to bring back his Mahdi . His own people want him out of there because they think he is a nut . But in reality he is following the plan of God for the endtimes . Ironically he will lead his people to attack Israel and bring about the advent of the Antichrist . Israel will suffer great loss but will survive to build the Temple of God . The Dome of the Rock will likely be hit by an Arab rocket to start this event .

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I do not believe you I am sorry to say . You defend Islam too much on other threads .Not once do I remember you criticizing any other discipline . You first asked what did I know about the Mahdi . Thats a give away .

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
At issue here is a country...Iran...has signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty in order to purchase Nuclear Tech. and Fuel and that country...Iran has violated that treaty.

It is not like Iran was capable of building Nukes on it's own...or even developing enriched Uranium to Weapons Grade...it wasn't. It broke a treaty it signed with the full knowledge to do so means that the U.N. can force it to comply with that treaty and if necessary force Iran Militarily to comply.

Iran is not the victim here.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join