Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Just broke up w/ boyfriend... How can I cheer up?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Why are you sad in the first place? He is no longer in your life. What could make you sad?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hahaha I wonder how many private messages this poor girl has received by now

But to throw my 2 cents in - find something, no matter how small, which is a positive out of the situation.

Focus on that positive, strive to achieve that positive - your mental state is one of those unique things that you have control over. If you sit there and wallow in your sadness, it will reinforce itself, and you will stay sad.

If you think to yourself, "Wow, I'm free, and life is amazing. My mission is to have fun and see what life can throw at me!" then your reality will be defined by your attitude.

Change your hair style, but some new clothes that make you feel beautiful (or hot, whatever type of person you are), and grab your best friend and force them to take you out for a night on the town.

And always, always remember that pain, and love, is temporary - it is only there as long as you feed it for. The pain will disappear, and in 10 years time you'll struggle to remember the douche bags name

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Okay, I'll bite.

What did he do that was so respectful?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
All we can do is offer you suggestions. The healing process is different for each one of us.

My suggestion is listen to some Katatonia (preferably their earlier albums) to extrapolate your feelings of sadness and despair. Afterwards, listen to some Burzum perhaps Samael for some upbeat emotions. Maybe get together with some friends and to out to shows.

For me, ive been in bands, so that source let me release a lot of negative emotions.

Give yourself time, and go with the flow. Keep yourself busy.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

A wiser thought would be that even though love may come and go, change or fade, that doesn't mean it's not a genuine human emotion (or "not real"). Few things last forever... it's the nature of our universe (change). Be thankful to have loved, some actually never come to know love, even a parent's love.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Keep your head up.
edit on 9/18/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
I just broke up with boyfriend today over a few things that I found disrespectful on his part. I had told him months ago to stop it but he continued doing it. I refuse to put up with things like that. Im feeling very down and depressed and need to cheer up.

Recommendations anyone ?

Why on earth would you feel down and depressed? You just got rid of a ball and chain that was weighing you down. You should be relieved now. You did what had to be done. Now go out and have fun.
edit on 18-9-2012 by PushEject because: typo

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Youre a broad right?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

Apparently I'm no t allowed to participate.

But, the answer is to get up! Pull your boots up and go kick life's ass. The only answer is forward.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If It helps, I'm trying to get mine on as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

yeah, call him. the drama will end right there. but make him promise to be a good boy first.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Sorry, was looking in on a horse with no name. U2U if you'd like. I'm not here much.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sirbadazz

What? Can you explain sir?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I use this time of day to work on .......well equations.......while i like your distractions.....can you please get to the point?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Any of you pseudo folks have any insight into the Fibinachi Sequence?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
in this order have a cry, go watch movie in cinema, have a nice dinner, soak in bath for few hours, have some drinks, then sleep 12 hours. Then wake up and start again.
edit on 18-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

You are truly a new kind of troll. A pretty avatar on ats of all places saying i just broke up(ect). Maybe not new to the internet, but new to me. If you truly are dist-rout and my assumptions are false, i say realize that we all become dust and bones and what ever happens to our consciousness(soul) is up in the air. So while we are here surround yourself with people that make u smile and laugh,

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Choose life/choose chocolate/choose nights in and out with the girlies/
choose holding girlie ann summers partys/choose to obtain yourself a r- rabbit with duracel
batteries and a battery charger/Choose a cat/choose a new set of shoes/choos resisiting answering
the mans calls/choose to to be free and do what you want to do- all my love
your dreams come true,freinds forever from denver22...
edit on 18-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join