It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a simple question about the protests and riots......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i'm not asking why any of this is happening.
my question came to mind after spending some time reading articles and watching videos.
hundreds here, thousands there.
mostly seems like working age males.
so, here it is, the question that my mind just can't come up with an answer regarding.

don't any of those people have jobs?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
don't any of those people have jobs?

Professional protester.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Interesting question. Never thought of it. But my guess would be that they "called off" due to an attack on their religion and were granted a leave of absence. I know that sounds far fetched, but in a country controlled by religion it is entirely possible.
Thats or theyre just a bunch of jobless bums. Take your pick. Either way, theyre causing a mess and creating a situation thats not going to end well

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
yes, i guess my major point being, what effect is it having on the areas of these protests?
schools, stores, transportation etc...etc...
being shut down?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Unemployment is a issue they do not like to talk about in ME, but its high and even higher in age group 25 years to 35 years, in some regions unemployment is this age group 40%.

This unemployment issue and poverty is main reason they migrate within islamic countries and to western countries with welfare. So my opinion is most of them do not have work.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
As others said, unemployment is a dirty little secret not often discussed but it has to be a major thing. Figures I looked up for another thread were 40% actual for the Gaza Strip and 23% for the West Bank. Egypt has been in various states of turmoil since the Mubarak regime was removed with nothing properly organized to 'keep the trains running on time'.

Heck, Libya was like Iraq in that the whole society was geared and built around one man, and foreign fighters dispatched him to put it kindly. So I'd imagine work as they knew it hasn't been a major thing they've had too much of in either..... Idle hands and all that...right?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Unemployment is definitely an issue; even much more so than in western countries. I know of educated individuals in the Middle East (some in fact, highly educated w/PhD's, etc.) who, if they don't have the right family connections or aren't in the right place, might face driving a taxi cab or not work at all.

****Even so, we have to remember that while maybe hundreds/thousands are protesting in any given country at a given time, the populations are often such that they are in the millions and the bulk are NOT protesting/rioting (case in point, Cairo itself). The media play on this, and will show any group of demonstrators (or worse) of course, to continue the narrative, (and in a couple of instances, rightly so) but I still think that the protestors and rioters are the minorities in the vast amount of these countries*****

edit on 17-9-2012 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
REMOVED
edit on 17-9-2012 by cartenz because: was not adding to the descussion

new topics

top topics

join